The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

3 minutes ago, Bob in Mich said:

Seems to me that Trump should be setting an example for our citizens and should be following the CDC contact recommendations to the letter.  Instead, he seems to think he is demonstrating toughness by ignoring recommendations. 

He is being self centered and foolish, plain and simple.  Anyone in contact with so many VIPs should probably get tested too but he says his WH doctor says he doesn't need to be.   If he does catch this virus, he will likely spread it to hundreds with his bravado and carelessness.

Although a person may still be contagious without showing symptoms, tests are not conclusive until a person has symptoms. Relax on that TDS thing.

1 minute ago, Tiberius said:

Oh shut up you lying sack of it. Being labeled by you as "bad" probably means I am good. Do you lie as much in your personal relations? Or are you just an internet liar? 

How does it feel to be considered a clown? You must be real proud of that.

1 minute ago, TPS said:

This is a very positive step.  The states will need all of the federal support they can get.  I hope it clears this issue up...

https://www.latimes.com/politics/story/2020-03-13/trump-administration-blocks-states-use-medicaid-respond-coronavirus-crisis

agreed. however it was the conspiracy theorist in me that thought it just a tad odd that it was on wiki so fast.

and as long as i am in that conspiracy theorist frame of mind, i will say that, it is a short walk from a national emergency to marital law.

chair.gif.6ea9cca6387cc1a0082b5526050654fc.gif

• Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Tiberius said:

I'll bite, why am I a racist now? 

Because you could have used the actual clip -- instead you used a doctored one calling people *****. 

You're too dumb to understand what you even post. Because you're a clown. ***** off now. No more with you.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Foxx said:

agreed. however it was the conspiracy theorist in me that thought it just a tad odd that it was on wiki so fast.

and as long as i am in that conspiracy theorist frame of mind, i will say that, it is a short walk from a national emergency to marital law.

chair.gif.6ea9cca6387cc1a0082b5526050654fc.gif

WTF does "marital" law have to do with this? 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Because you could have used the actual clip -- instead you used a doctored one calling people *****. 

You're too dumb to understand what you even post. Because you're a clown. ***** off now. No more with you.

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

He called Pinocchio, a well known Italian a liar. I think I'll pass this along to my Sicilian friends. 

• Haha (+1) 2

53 minutes ago, Foxx said:

i thought that was a presidential thing? i mean we experienced 8 years of Obama blaming Bush. you still got 5 years to go, you might want to brace yourself.

Two wrongs don't make it right

The economy tanked under Bush and Barry's Admin slowly dug it out AND had a Viral outbreak while doing so.  

What happened to  

America First?  We have the best, the brightest?

Vietnam is handling the COVID-19 better than the US.  

If this shite hits the heartland and tests are unavailable  

Dumbass won't get re-elected 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

The economy tanked under Bush and Barry's Admin slowly dug it out AND had a Viral outbreak while doing so.  

What happened to  

Vietnam is handling the Covad19 better than the US.  

:lol: 

Come on, no they're not. They're a tenth of the size of this country, it's not an apples to apples comparison unless you're trying to intentionally deceive. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

Of course I did, but I'm miffed that I haven't received the accolades of the post of the day yet from you. 

I decided to let it ride, I am after all striving for the laugh of the day.

If you don't get tested, then how does one know? 

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2020/03/12/814522489/singapore-wins-praise-for-its-covid-19-strategy-the-u-s-does-not

Ashish Jha, who runs the Harvard Global Health Institute, says the response to the coronavirus has varied dramatically around the world. "Some countries have been very aggressive and have actually done quite a good job," he says. "Other countries have been quite lackadaisical and, I think, have suffered immensely from it. And I think there are lessons to be learned for all of us."

He uses the words "stunning," "fiasco" and "mind-blowing" to describe how bad it is.

"And I don't understand it," he says incredulously. "I still don't understand why we don't have extensive testing. Vietnam! Vietnam has tested more people than America has." (He's citing data from earlier this week. The U.S. has since started testing more widely, although exact figures still aren't available at a national level.)

It's a hoax! It's no big deal! It will just blow over...

Trump will reportedly declare a national emergency over coronavirus after weeks of downplaying the threat of the pandemic

• President Donald Trump will reportedly declare a national emergency over the novel coronavirus on Friday afternoon.
  • The move would trigger the Stafford Act and allow for more federal aid to states and municipalities.
  • As of Friday morning, more than 136,000 people around the world have been infected and there have been more than 5,000 deaths. At least 1,663 people in 46 states and Washington, DC, have tested positive for coronavirus, and at least 41 patients have died.
  • Like (+1) 1

Come on man  Trump met with people at his golf resort and a member of the Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro delegation that accompanied him had tested positive after a meeting Trump,

Don said he wont get tested.  WHY?  

Lindsey Graham was their too and Self Quarantined himself 

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost

7 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

What happened to  

Vietnam is handling the COVID-19 better than the US.  

If this shite hits the heartland and tests are unavailable  

Dumbass won't get re-elected 

Tests are not the problem, Bozo. The Left and MSM has been portraying that as the truth when it is not. They are conflating "need" with "want". Everyone that wants a test cannot have one. That would overburden our resources. Everyone who needs a test will get one based on a doctor's determination. If anything is in short supply it is the labs to process the tests. We are now in the process of allowing states and private concerns to do the work. On another note, both the governors of CA and NY have praised the cooperation of the federal government with them.

BTW, you need to learn a little bit about the history of the economy and the N1H1 virus and how things transpired.

2 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Come on man  Trump met with people at his golf resort and a member of the Brazil’s President Jair Bolsonaro delegation that accompanied him had tested positive after a meeting Trump,

He has no underlying health issues, no symptoms, and is surrounded by the best medical team in the world nearly 24/7 (as all POTUSes are). This is such a nothing concern, it's comical.

The moment the doc thinks it's necessary, he'll get tested. Whether or not we ever hear about it is a different story. 

Edited by Deranged Rhino
  • Like (+1) 2

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

Tests are not the problem, Bozo. The Left and MSM has been portraying that as the truth when it is not. They are conflating "need" with "want". Everyone that wants a test cannot have one. That would overburden our resources. Everyone who needs a test will get one based on a doctor's determination. If anything is in short supply it is the labs to process the tests. We are now in the process of allowing states and private concerns to do the work. On another note, both the governors of CA and NY have praised the cooperation of the federal government with them.

BTW, you need to learn a little bit about the history of the economy and the N1H1 virus and how things transpired.

the're not?  

Who's the bozo bozo? 

3 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I don't care about him, he can get sick and I wouldnt care at all, but he should get tested so he doesn't infect anyone else, f'n stupid idiot he is. 

8 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Unfortunately, he is probably right...........

Unfortunately there's also a positive correlation between suicide rates and economic downturns.

• Thank you (+1) 1

ROME — The local chef did not expect police to swoop in when he paused to take a picture of this city's renowned Spanish Steps, which for once were free of hordes of tourists as a result of Italy's sweeping coronavirus lockdown.

But officers handed Andrea Misseri a fine of between 60 and 80 euros (around $70 to $90) because he didn’t have the correct permission to leave his home.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/coronavirus-italians-adjust-new-reality-under-lockdown-n1157606

29 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

No photo description available.

Source: https://www.ft.com/content/a26fbf7e-48f8-11ea-aeb3-955839e06441?fbclid=IwAR30K7azXhGLIEvkBdR7wlkqKbVmoRsOaQOQcTMwkKTQPvTtkYghEvGbQbA

Many countries such as UK, US, EU are likely not doing enough testing but I think the trajectory is clear.

My take-home point is threefold:
1) We are not on some magic island, we are in the same boat.  We are on the same trajectory as other countries in the world, and unless we want to be where Italy is ~2 weeks from now, we MUST act immediately.   Individuals must take responsibility for "social distancing".    Do not panic, but do not be "That Guy" who feels he should go about life as usual, fly off to go on vacation, dress up as a Smurf to attend a Guinness World Record attempt.  Stay home from clubs and concerts.  Do not B word if your community cancels the St Pats parade - call up the city and B word if it does not. 

2) If you think you will get a mild disease like flu, Good for You.  You will be infectious 1-2 days before you show any symptoms.  Stay home anyway - as an Italian doctor said "Have Mercy for the older people and the chronically ill people you Can Exterminate".  

10 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Don’t you ever tire of looking at everything Trump related as being a world ending crisis?

7 minutes ago, 3rdnlng said:

No, test kits are not the problem. Also, see my post above answering Bob In Michigan for further explanation. 

Are you in the field?   

I'm leaning on what Hap says   sorry 

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

Don’t you ever tire of looking at everything Trump related as being a world ending crisis?

Yawn

Just now, Deranged Rhino said:

Isn't it something like every time unemployment rises 1% 40,000 people die... 

(not all from suicide of course)

I don't think there are conclusive studies showing a direct link, but it is one of the more obvious eye tests of economic downturns. 

The bad news doesn't have to be limited to deaths.  How many people will lose jobs, how many will contract other sicknesses, how many families will break up, how many will lose homes?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1