The Next Pandemic: SARS-CoV-2/COVID-19

Hedge

Just now, 3rdnlng said:

You misspelled it, it is 3rdnlng---3rd and long for those 99% who have difficulty reading the paragraph backwards or seeing the number in the background. 

So you're a 1%'er ? Congrats. 

32 minutes ago, GG said:

As an aside, what do these numbers suggest, relative to the reporting?   Maybe healthcare experts can opine?

image.thumb.png.c0d959f48d7c884028b6bb6e75cee0fa.png

Until there is widespread testing results the numbers don't mean that much because they aren't an accurate representation of its spread. For example Michigan supposedly had 0 cases a few days ago but had only tested less than 10 people at that point. They finally got their testing up and running and the cases are now showing up. Unfortunately the virus has been spreading while the numbers appeared low.

• Like (+1) 1

Dr. Brian Monahan, attending physician of Congress, told a closed meeting of Senate staffers this week that 70 million to 150 million Americans – a third of the nation – could contract the coronavirus. Dr. Anthony Fauci testified that the mortality rate for COVID-19 will likely run near 1%.

Translation: Between 750,000 and 1.1 million Americans may die of this disease before it runs its course. The latter figure is equal to all the U.S. dead in World War II and on both sides in the Civil War.

Chancellor Angela Merkel warns that 70% of Germany's population – 58 million people – could contract the coronavirus. If she is right, and Fauci's mortality rate holds for her country, that could mean more than half a million dead Germans.

Czech Prime Minister Andrej Babis called Merkel's remark "unhelpful" and said it could cause panic. But Harvard epidemiologist Marc Lipsitch seemed to support Merkel, saying between 40% and 70% of the world's population could become infected.

Again, if Fauci's 1% mortality rate and Lipsitch's estimate prove on target, between 3 billion and 5 billion people on earth will be infected, and 30 million to 50 million will die, a death toll greater than that of the Spanish Flu of 1918.

https://www.wnd.com/2020/03/will-coronavirus-kill-new-world-order/

2 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Hope your cousin (and all yours) are safe and holding up as best they can. :beer: 

My cousin in Rome is fine.  She can go out for walks.

I have an aunt who is in her 60's and my uncle who is around 73 and I'm worried for him but he's in the south and I'm pretty sure that they are staying home and avoiding leaving the house.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, meazza said:

My cousin in Rome sent me the same thing from her balcony.  No joke, this brings tears to my eyes.

you're not alone brother. but i don't cry so please don't tell anyone, okay?

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Tiberius said:

No, just a hang over 

On a friday at 3PM.  You really do need to get a job ya bum.  

Btw, you aren't supposed to be around people.  Are you getting piss drunk all by yourself?  That is a sign my man.  Get some help.  

Edited by CoudyBills

The test that he mentioned by Roche is a quicker PCR test than is possible with normal PCR. My old company evaluated that platform and a few others for a rapid flu diagnostic.

Having been involved in developing these types of tests over the years I can tell you with certainty that the speed at which they brought these tests forward and cut through the red tape is remarkable.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 4

57 minutes ago, Hedge said:

IMO this is worth a watch (still ongoing as of this post). I can't imagine how it will be spun, but it's filled with critical corporate leaders pledging to step up to plate and assist with the situation. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Hedge said:

IMO this is worth a watch (still ongoing as of this post). I can't imagine how it will be spun, but it's filled with critical corporate leaders pledging to step up to plate and assist with the situation. 

It's a home run so far. 

(Won't be covered that way, and once the normal dolts get their talking points they'll be down here to say otherwise)

• Like (+1) 2