Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
BuffaloBills1998

QB free agency.

Recommended Posts

On 1/7/2020 at 10:44 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

 the free agency quarterback market is pretty thin right now I’d say for ***** and giggles if Miami released Fitz I’d say bring him back lol

I'd love to see Fitz come back to Buffalo.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'd love to see Fitz come back to Buffalo.

That’s the kind of backup I want. 
Mariota and Dalton are obviously capable but I’m sure they have their sights set on a better job. Better chance to start. Fitz is capable especially in short stretches and by the way do you know where he went to college? I heard he’s smart 😂 

Most of the guys mentioned in this thread are not actual options. If Fitz gets free he’s an actual option 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 10:44 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I think Winston is definitely an upgrade over Barkley But you’re right the free agency quarterback market is pretty thin right now I’d say for ***** and giggles if Miami released Fitz I’d say bring him back lol

I would be all good for that, BUT, hesitant because that would probably lead to Allen getting hurt and Fitz bring our starter.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LSHMEAB said:

I had the same thought. You bring in Winston; yeah, that's a message. It's highly likely he'll be starting somewhere, whether it be TB(most likely) or elsewhere.

 

If Case Keenum is gonna upset the apple card, that's a problem.

 

With JA's propensity to run and the Bills strong defense, a viable backup could very well end up making a difference if an injury were to occur. Barkley crumbles under pressure and is EASILY upgraded.

 

The Bills should be in the business of WINNING football games.

 

 

Well said.  I can't get behind the idea that we're just going to lose if Allen goes down.  The Saints went 5-0 with Bridgewater ($7M), Tannehill's ($2M) Titans just sent the Pats home, and Nick Foles ($4M in '17) was a Super Bowl MVP.  We can & should better our situation.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

 

Well said.  I can't get behind the idea that we're just going to lose if Allen goes down.  The Saints went 5-0 with Bridgewater ($7M), Tannehill's ($2M) Titans just sent the Pats home, and Nick Foles ($4M in '17) was a Super Bowl MVP.  We can & should better our situation.

Right. Allen is the starter. We know that. There are some fans skeptical(myself included), but nobody is calling for a new STARTING quarterback. I think Allen's a big boy and there are always going to be fans calling for the backup. There were fans calling for BARKLEY to start for heaven's sake. So what?

 

The Bills are going to have to get better to make the postseason in 2020. They've got plenty of resources to acquire talent and plenty of young guys you'd assume will get better.

 

BUT. If Allen were to miss a few weeks, I don't want Matt Barkley running the ship. These could be pivotal games for all we know. 

 

I'm in favor of any move to improve the team.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 12:20 PM, Nextmanup said:

I think he will survive the horrific start to his career and re-emerge somewhere down the road, once the smoke has cleared, with a legitimate shot to challenge for a starting role.  He should be given that chance; his career couldn't have gone worse to date, due mostly to influences beyond his control.

 

 

 His (Rosen's) career trajectory is no surprise to me and I think he will be out of the league within 3 years.

Edited by Turk71

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 10:44 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Honestly I think Winston is definitely an upgrade over Barkley But you’re right the free agency quarterback market is pretty thin right now I’d say for ***** and giggles if Miami released Fitz I’d say bring him back lol

Maybe we need to dumpster dive the CFL heap pile

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 12:06 AM, leonbus23 said:

This may not be popular, but maybe Peterman. He showed a lot of growth with the Raiders training camp last year. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

😁

Image result for kramer bus gif"
 

 

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 10:40 PM, BuffAlone said:

what a mighty Webb we weave😎

 

I miss Joe Webbs package ;)

 

We haven't got to see Barkleys package yet so I think its too early to move on from him ;)

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

 

I miss Joe Webbs package ;)

 

We haven't got to see Barkleys package yet so I think its too early to move on from him ;)

I was actually referring to Davis lol....not sure what his package looks like, but he looks to be bigger than Barkley😂

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I'd love to see Fitz come back to Buffalo.

..think he's probably comfortable with Gailey as his OC and probably gets penciled in as starter...……..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 10:46 PM, Estro said:

Case Keenum would be a significant upgrade IMO.  

He will want starter money.  15 to 20M.  And he will get it. 

 

We pay Barkley like 3 million.  I say we ride it at that rate.  Opens up a lot more cap. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BuffAlone said:

I was actually referring to Davis lol....not sure what his package looks like, but he looks to be bigger than Barkley😂

 

They are holding that one until Pre Season #4 ;)

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Beane will be on the lookout for value and quality in the free agent QB market.  Whether he finds it or not is a question nobody can answer.  Barkley proved he leaves something to be desired.  Davis Webb is kind of an unknown, though his NFL experience thus far hasn't been stellar.  He may have developed in practice in ways we can't really see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

..think he's probably comfortable with Gailey as his OC and probably gets penciled in as starter...……..

No doubt. I think it was 49'ers QB Steve Young who said that you start to see the field clearly just as you are getting close to retirement.

So it goes with Fitz, and I wish him well.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 10:33 PM, BuffaloBills1998 said:

Would you give Winston a look? Tampa is rumored to get rid of him

Winston is going to get 25+ mill a year. It will never happen. You know the NFL works with a salary cap, right? 

 

NO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/7/2020 at 9:06 PM, leonbus23 said:

This may not be popular, but maybe Peterman. He showed a lot of growth with the Raiders training camp last year. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

😁

 

Except he is still under contract with Las Vegas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

He will want starter money.  15 to 20M.  And he will get it. 

 

We pay Barkley like 3 million.  I say we ride it at that rate.  Opens up a lot more cap. 

Keenum is an interesting option, but I agree that he’d demand too much. If he wanted half that I would consider it... but given the market I don’t see him having as much demand this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Miami gonna keep Fitz for another year as miami.....I assume may pick a QB in the 1st round to groom behind Fitz for a while....plus with Chan Gailey coming in miami now I think its obvious Fitz is not going anywhere.......Bills are going to keep Barkley as he has another  year....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/10/2020 at 11:02 AM, Do The Reich Thing said:

Winston is going to get 25+ mill a year. It will never happen. You know the NFL works with a salary cap, right? 

 

NO

 

 

 

...bigger question is which number will be HIGHER?.......

 

A. Salary

B. TD Passes

C. Picks

 

....PICKS...bet the farm............

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant hurt but lower on the priority list. Though with Tannehill and some of the other guys this year it could lead to some rethinking about your backup. I like the old logic of you want a guy that win 50% of your games. With our D I see Barkley as that. Never hurts to draft a prospect though - whether for yourself or future trade bait. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Cant hurt but lower on the priority list. Though with Tannehill and some of the other guys this year it could lead to some rethinking about your backup. I like the old logic of you want a guy that win 50% of your games. With our D I see Barkley as that. Never hurts to draft a prospect though - whether for yourself or future trade bait. 

 

...agree...unfortunately, I think the U of B kid is WAAAAY too big of a project.....he makes tartare look well done.........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...