Duke suiting up today vs Texans

johndhall1

11 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

According to the pic is Sweeney suiting up too? Why is the Lee Smith charade still going on

Lee Smith?

Patrick DiMarco?

Senorise Perry?

Robert Foster?

Either these 4 are offensive juggernauts or they are the greatest ST players in the history of the Buffalo Bill's. You could sit any of these dudes for Yeldon and have TJ play ST. Having Yeldon expands the playbook substantially. 

Edited by LABILLBACKER

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

no thanks he showed nothing during the season and why he was on the bench.

I like him as a receiving threat.

I'd much rather see Yeldon going out for a pass than Patrick DiMarco.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

no thanks he showed nothing during the season and why he was on the bench.

I wouldn't say he showed nothing.  He was decent in the passing game as an outlet.  May have been one of the only successful screen guys this year outside of McKenzie bubble screen.

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Wouldn't they put jerseys and pads and stuff out for the entire 53 man roster before the inactives are declared?

But Man that's one tacky locker room.  Almost makes our visitor facilities look luscious

Certainly could be, but I’m quite certain that before the team left Buffalo the players who were going to be playing already knew they were going to be playing.  The official announcement of inactive players is for outsiders, not the team. 

Go Bills!!! 

24 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s not announced until then, but the team knows sooner than that unless there are game time decisions 

if Foster blows a knee in warmups it’s nice to have uniforms prepped for everyone still.

duke could be playing but I do suspect they prep more than just 45 lockers that morning 

16 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

It is amazing how the 6th or 7th WR on the roster can have such interest. 

Don't get me wrong, I think he should have been active for weeks, but I want 90% of targets going to Brown, Knox, Beasley, and Singletary. 

Because he's good. Because he can actually "catch a ball" better than what we've seen from Knox & Singletary. Duke's catch rate is 63%. Foster's is 18%. Math never lies.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Beasley has lined up wide more than I expected when we are in 2 receiver sets. 

I can honestly say that I don't pay that much attention to detail as you awesome guys do... but that would make sense in a 2 WR set.  He IS our second best receiver.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

Sure but would you like to see Yeldon doing his role on special teams and blocking?

For one game, yes.

You can still keep DiMarco and deactivate Perry.

Edited by Mark Vader

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Beasley has lined up wide more than I expected when we are in 2 receiver sets. 

Beasley should never line up wide. He's 5-8 so he's too short for any jump balls and not fast enough for go routes. He should be a slot guy exclusively doing curls and slants. That's his strength. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

image.png.3dada5c31e25e2a7bfe904f5974f65be.png

Meanwhile, Bill looking a for a loophole in the rules allowing Pats to dress ALL 53.

I think they can DRESS if they want but play is a different matter.

I would not put it past him though to have a player play in another player's uniform however.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Lee Smith?

Patrick DiMarco?

Senorise Perry?

Robert Foster?

Either these 4 are offensive juggernauts or they are the greatest ST players in the history of the Buffalo Bill's. You could sit any of these dudes for Yeldon and have TJ play ST. Having Yeldon expands the playbook substantially. 

Lee Smith has value as a blocker  I could see him helping on JJ Watt on run plays.  Rest offer zero besides special teams  Perry plays the highest % of special teams snaps

1 minute ago, DuckyBoys said:

Lee Smith has value as a blocker  I could see him helping on JJ Watt on run plays.  Rest offer zero besides special teams  Perry plays the highest % of special teams snaps

It doesn’t matter much but I’ll keep saying playing our 6th lineman on those plays is better 

25 minutes ago, Agent 91 said:

According to the pic is Sweeney suiting up too? Why is the Lee Smith charade still going on

Ideally I would like to have two TE's like Knox and one blocking TE like Smith. I just want a different blocking TE, Smith takes way to many critical penalties.

...not much game film on Duke so let 'em guess......not fast but a beast after the ball......Smoke and Beasley will provide the speed.......gimme some Knox and Beasley underneath and/or in the seam......keep 'rm honest with Singeltary and Yeldon  (no offense Frank).....

20 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Beasley should never line up wide. He's 5-8 so he's too short for any jump balls and not fast enough for go routes. He should be a slot guy exclusively doing curls and slants. That's his strength. 

I agree. I was just talking about what he has been doing. As I said it is more than I expected. 

24 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

I can honestly say that I don't pay that much attention to detail as you awesome guys do... but that would make sense in a 2 WR set.  He IS our second best receiver.

I asked in pre-season who would be opposite Brown in 2 wide formations and I was adamant it wouldn't be Beasley but he has done it some. More than I expected.  

7 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I honestly hope Foster suits up and McKenzie is inactive. 

Foster can execute the jet sweep and is better on ST

Why would anyone hope for that? McKenzie has at least shown to be useful. Robert Foster has done nothing all year long.

• Like (+1) 2