Play Offs - Play em or Sit em vs Jets

T master

10 hours ago, Kirby Jackson said:

If we win Saturday everybody plays.

If we lose Saturday everybody sits.

Pretty Simple

Yup, that's pretty much where I'm at. If the Bills lose to the Pats then there is no need to risk injury when you're locked in the 5 in a meaningless game with playoffs looming around the corner.

Edited by Patrick_Duffy

Yes. 

If we lose to New England and are locked into the #5 seed, give the guys a week off to rest up. 

Also, giving the Jets a win they don't want and a much worse draft pick would be great!!!

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I think some of the key ones should sit if we’re locked into the 5th spot. Or at least be on a snap count.

it also depends on how the game goes this weekend. If Josh has a down day against the pats, maybe give him the first half to get right. 

Yeah i agree - use it to get some valuable reps.  I'd probably avoid scrambling too much and be prepared to throw it away a bit more.  

after thought. maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea given risk of injury. but it wouldn't hurt to have as much game experience as well as momentum going in to the post season. 

barkley did beat the jets so it wouldn't be too bad for the home crowd if he and the team were still able to get the win.

I like the look of 12-4.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

No, because we WILL win this weekend and then Fitzmagic will take care of the Pats the following week and...oulia! We are the AFCE champs. 

If we beat the Pats it's a no brainer. Obviously you play everyone. 

17 hours ago, Billzgobowlin said:

This is a weird feeling to rest starters not to get a better draft pick but to rest them for the playoffs.  Since there is no bye in that scenario you absolutely rest them week 17.

If they do win both games against the Pats & Jets they win the division if the Pats lose to the fins (GO FITZ) then doesn't that mean they will get to sit the following week . 

26 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Obviously we are playing them if we beat NE on Saturday and are still playing for the division but say we come out of New England with a loss, do you play it safe and rest the starters for our last game?

Not going to happen. This is just crazy talk.:rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Canadian Bills Fan said:

Obviously we are playing them if we beat NE on Saturday and are still playing for the division but say we come out of New England with a loss, do you play it safe and rest the starters for our last game?

I would probably rest much of the defense.

Offensively, I would think you'd want them to continue to play together to get better.

• Like (+1) 1

I replied this way in another thread created on the same topic... if the division is still in play then absolutely not. If it isn’t I would treat it like a preseason game and let the starters play a few series. They could use the rest but also don’t want them going into the playoffs stone cold. 

I will add that I’d like to see The Duke get some action. 

23 hours ago, eball said:

Seriously.  Do people really give the Dolphins behind a motivated Fitzy NO chance in Foxboro the following week?  I think it's a 20/80 proposition.

Right ... the line for the Bengals at the ravens week 17 in 2017 had the Ravens at home favored by 8 .. and I think we all know how that turned out.

If we beat the patriots we go all in vs the Jets .. and if we lose to the Pats we rest for the play-off game is the logical stratagy.

I would also assume they would have someone watching the Pats / Dolphins game and would adjust if it becomes clear in the 4th quarter the pats were going to win .. in which case we may elect to start pulling the starters.