The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...of course he will......he will be looked upon as a warrior who took on the corrupt presidency......win, lose or draw......I thought being stuck in NYS with Guido, Fredo's big brother was bad.....Cali-effed-up-ya?......good Lord.......I'd buy a guillotine on Amazon........

Really dude? This is the second comment you've made about actually killing a person in the last hour.

Perhaps, like Tibs, you need to go get a beer.  Or better yet, light up a fattee and chill.

This is not the way it's supposed to work in America.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Foxx said:

two things.... well, three actually.

first, i agree that people are tired hearing about impeachment. that however, is a byproduct of the false narrative being pushed by the Democrats. the American people are as a whole, are not stupid. we see this evidenced by Trumps approval rating rising during the Schiff Sham Show.

secondly, i too believe that Democrats are better at framing narratives. notwithstanding that, most of their narratives are dubious. they are always trying to get their agenda 'spun' to the people in whatever way they believe to be the most favorable vantage for them.

lastly, the Republicans have a duty to have a trial if the Dems are foolish enough to force the Sham Show upon them. again, the American people are not stupid, they understand this. i suspect what will happen is that most of the populace will tune it out and as they have the last three years and get their sound bytes from the 6 o'clock news.

the Dems own this, this is their Frankenstein. Repubs just have to kill it with compassion though i would prefer they drive a stake through it's heart, rip it head off and leave no room for ambiguity so that the corruption is laid bare for all to see with no room for doubt, except with those who form the rabid far left. 

I agree that the Dems have lied and manipulated their way to this point and should own this shitshow.

But I don't think the Republican party has shown the competence over the years to not have this blow up in their faces.

It's easy to be the party that pokes holes in the logic and the behavior of the other party.  It's hard to be the party that leads and unites the American people.  The Republicans have had their turn at the former, and they're about to get their chance at the latter.  We'll see if they ***** it up or not.

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...astonishing that this putz boy was elected in 2018 with 78% of the vote........and I'd bet he tops 80% in 2020.......then again, we're talking California.....Moonbeam Jerry has been recycled more times than a year's worth of water bottles....

I recall hearing that he literally represents Hollywood. They'll probably give him an honorary Oscar for his dramatic portrayal of what he wishes Trump had said to Ukraine.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tiberius said:

I guess we will soon find out about the crime he and his cronies are busy committing now. 

Trump getting away away with a crime here means he wins next year easily. No one will hold him accountable for anything he does 

We have a monarchy now 

7E8AEE36-8D46-402A-A59C-D06D6DB1D639.jpeg

• Haha (+1) 2

Bolton re-emerges after public hiatus charging White House froze his Twitter account

Former national security adviser John Bolton said Friday the White House barred him from his own Twitter account after he left the administration and suggested it acted out of concern about what he might say.

"Since resigning as National Security Advisor, the White House refused to return access to my personal Twitter account," Bolton tweeted. "Out of fear of what I may say? To those who speculated I went into hiding, I'm sorry to disappoint!"

"In full disclosure, the @WhiteHouse never returned access to my Twitter account. Thank you to @twitter for standing by their community standards and rightfully returning control of my account," he added in a separate post later in the afternoon.

Bolton's tweet directly contradicts comments that Trump had made earlier in the day to Fox News. Asked during an interview if the White House had frozen Bolton's account, Trump had told Fox News Friday: "No, of course not."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/politics/john-bolton-reemerges-twitter/index.html

21 minutes ago, ALF said:

Bolton re-emerges after public hiatus charging White House froze his Twitter account

Former national security adviser John Bolton said Friday the White House barred him from his own Twitter account after he left the administration and suggested it acted out of concern about what he might say.

"Since resigning as National Security Advisor, the White House refused to return access to my personal Twitter account," Bolton tweeted. "Out of fear of what I may say? To those who speculated I went into hiding, I'm sorry to disappoint!"

"In full disclosure, the @WhiteHouse never returned access to my Twitter account. Thank you to @twitter for standing by their community standards and rightfully returning control of my account," he added in a separate post later in the afternoon.

Bolton's tweet directly contradicts comments that Trump had made earlier in the day to Fox News. Asked during an interview if the White House had frozen Bolton's account, Trump had told Fox News Friday: "No, of course not."

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/politics/john-bolton-reemerges-twitter/index.html

The White House has administrative privileges on Twitter? 

Get the ***** outta here, Bolton.  :lol:

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

The White House also controls Google, MSNBC, and CNN. Boy, folks are idiots.

It's going to come out eventually that it was Bolton's "personal" official property-of-the-executive-branch government Twitter account and it's completely unfair for the the White House to restrict access to government resources for people who leave government service.

2 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

It's going to come out eventually that it was Bolton's "personal" official property-of-the-executive-branch government Twitter account and it's completely unfair for the the White House to restrict access to government resources for people who leave government service.

I sorta wondered if calling folks idiots was a copywrite infringement, but yes, life is so unfair. John Brennan explains this every day as he rakes in a large salary to propagandize the ignorant and culpably imbecilic.

6 hours ago, Tiberius said:

Trump can lead the state sanctioned violence and no one would oppose him, it would because Democrats deserve it, Hillary etc. 

King Trump has been elevated by the right wing mob 

Ya, I should have read it too. But whatever

156554.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Joe Miner said:

I agree that the Dems have lied and manipulated their way to this point and should own this shitshow.

But I don't think the Republican party has shown the competence over the years to not have this blow up in their faces.

It's easy to be the party that pokes holes in the logic and the behavior of the other party.  It's hard to be the party that leads and unites the American people.  The Republicans have had their turn at the former, and they're about to get their chance at the latter.  We'll see if they ***** it up or not.

to be fair, i don't think uniting everyone is part of either party's platform. the bird knows a populace divided is easily ruled.

Edited by Foxx
  • Like (+1) 1

Whistleblower totally not responsible for the "accidental" omission informing ICIG he was talking to Congress, honest!

According to the document, the whistleblower reported to the ICIG investigator that the committee staffer advised: "'Do it right, hire a lawyer, and contact the ICIG.' So that is what the COMPLAINANT did. At the time, COMPLAINANT did not even know what the ICIG was."

So now we're supposed to believe that a person working in the intelligence community, who had access to top-level information, did not know "what the ICIG was", and, despite not knowing anything about the ICIG existing, somehow made a detailed complaint that just by pure coincidence was worded in such a way to hit all the right legal criteria.

• Like (+1) 2

Rules? RULES? 

4 minutes ago, Koko78 said:

Whistleblower totally not responsible for the "accidental" omission informing ICIG he was talking to Congress, honest!

So now we're supposed to believe that a person working in the intelligence community, who had access to top-level information, did not know "what the ICIG was", and, despite not knowing anything about the ICIG existing, somehow made a detailed complaint that just by pure coincidence was worded in such a way to hit all the right legal criteria.

Dems don't need no steenking rules!

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

We don't need to follow the rules because we said you don't follow the rules.

Is this what the leftists call a whataboutism?

Why should anyone follow rules? Either side? We should be free to grab em by the puss!!! 

1 minute ago, Rob's House said:

Be careful with that. It only works when they want you to. If you misread the situation it can go horribly wrong.

Would I then have a dozen or so women accuse me of sexual improprieties and have my wife look at me with hate in her eyes and never allow me to touch her again? 

17 minutes ago, thebug said:

Would I then have a dozen or so women accuse me of sexual improprieties and have my wife look at me with hate in her eyes and never allow me to touch her again? 

Depends. Is she looking to run for public office with an eye towards the presidency?

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

Well I wouldn't have thought so, but proactive denial of something for which you haven't been accused is usually a sign of guilt. Is there anything you want to tell us?

Nope. It’s a statement, not a denial.