The Sham Impeachment Inquiry & Whistleblower Saga: A Race to Get Ahead of the OIG

5 minutes ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

There is exactly zero merit to the low IQ, the disinterested, and the ignorant voting.

None.

Most people cannot name the Vice President, a single member of SCOTUS, or their own Congress person or Senators.  It’s even worse at the local and state levels of government.

There's also a sizable portion of the electorate that understands that democracy is a sham designed to keep an elite class elevated, and the underclass ruled over, and is not designed to solve problems.

This is what happens when you don't invest in education. In a system where everyone can directly vote for the leader of the country, there is no reason voter turnout should be so low. 

I disagree with your last sentence. Democracy does not do that in most places around the world. 

However when you allow corporations and the elite to buy elections and influence politicians through lobbying, everyone but the top 1% gets completely screwed over. 

Edited by jrober38

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

This is what happens when you don't invest in education. In a system where everyone can directly vote for the leader of the country, there is no reason voter turnout should be so low. 

[...]

However when you allow corporations and the elite to buy elections and influence politicians through lobbying, everyone but the top 1% gets completely screwed over. 

Think about how these statements don't work together...

1 minute ago, DC Tom said:

In my opinion, US politicians work for their donors and not their constituents. That's a major problem.

Poor education results in fewer people getting engaged in politics because they don't understand it. As you said their awareness about the issues and candidates is extremely poor. 

9 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

perfect recipe for a bitter loser going nowhere in life, dragging down anyone who is dumb enough to take it to heart

would be a shame if that person actually had a chance in life to begin with...

4 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

In my opinion, US politicians work for their donors and not their constituents. That's a major problem.

Poor education results in fewer people getting engaged in politics because they don't understand it. As you said their awareness about the issues and candidates is extremely poor. 

Except if the corporate elite buy elections, all the education in the world isn't going to impact the results.

Particularly when the corporate elite have also bought the educational system.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Except if the corporate elite buy elections, all the education in the world isn't going to impact the results.

Particularly when the corporate elite have also bought the educational system.

If the electorate was smarter, it wouldn't let it happen.

The only candidates who would actually shake up the system are Sanders and Warren. I don't agree with much of what they're saying, but I think they'd do their best to smash the hold the political elites have over federal politics. 

Edited by jrober38

Poor education is caused by the liberal influence on educators. Our teachers and administrations should get back to the basics such as the 3 r's and quit trying to revise history. They are deliberately erasing the things that have made our country great and eliminating our culture that recognizes our past.

Just now, jrober38 said:

:lol:  You argued for throwing money at the educational system, that ultimately funds the corporate elite that buys the elections of the people that fund the educational system.  And your argument is "if the electorate were smarter."  Which you argue comes from increasing funding for the educational system... 

This is what "you're an idiot" means.  Not "I disagree with you."  But "You're thought process is so clearly and obviously warped that I can't agree or disagree with you."  Or, as Wolfgang Pauli once told Lev Landau, "What you said was so confused that one could not tell whether it was nonsense or not."

23 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The only candidates who would actually shake up the system are Sanders and Warren. I don't agree with much of what they're saying, but I think they'd do their best to smash the hold the political elites have over federal politics. 

Sanders and Warren are political elites, they are just the leftist kind wanting to put a stranglehold on other people's money and spread around the benefit to what fits their point of view. They are the worst kind of elites. 

3 hours ago, DC Tom said:

I can get behind censure, on the basis that Trump is truly a dumbass, and as a justification and foundation for greater oversight.

some support for this argument.

The House Will Not Vote On Impeachment. It Will Censure Trump.

myself, i have considered a multitude of paths the Dems could take and didn't see one that wouldn't blow up in their faces. however, this was one path i had not considered and just from a topical thought process, this seems like the most logical way forward for them where they can claim victory.

Edited by Foxx

46 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

The United States invests more into education than most countries on the planet.

The OECD reports that in 2018 the US spent $12,800 per student on elementary and secondary education, 35% more than the average OECD country.  The US spent $30,000 at the post-secondary level which was 93% more than the average OECD country.

Spending does not create better results.

I disagree with your last sentence. Democracy does not do that in most places around the world.

Take a look around the world not just today, but throughout history.  The entire purpose of government is to protect the ruling elite from the toiling underclass.  It’s why the elite not only allow governments to exist, but insist that they do.

If you want to take an honest dive into this, I’ll gladly go with you.

And there’s the rub.  If you build a power structure that is a monopoly of force it will *always* be co-opted by those who will use the power you have embued the structure with towards their own ends.  It’s the reason they seek the office in most cases.  Libraries full of history and philosophy have been written on this subject, and it always turns out the same.

The entire purpose of the state is, and has always been, to protect the interests of the ruling elite.  It is, in fact, the only thing the state can be used for, as it’s very existence requires a ruling elite.

As Tom says, your thoughts on the matter aren't congruent.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, Gary Busey said:

What current Republican in the House or Senate would support censure? 

Which house will censure him?

I'm not sure the House can censure anybody except their own members of the House.

The Senate censured Andrew Jackson, and that was expunged three or so years later. 

4 minutes ago, Nanker said:

Which house will censure him?

I'm not sure the House can censure anybody except their own members of the House.

The Senate censured Andrew Jackson, and that was expunged three or so years later. 

Trump would totally enjoy being the second if AJ was the first

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Wrong! This is what happens when you unionize public employees so that one party opinion dominates the education system. 

12 minutes ago, Deranged Rhino said:

No one could have seen that coming... 

(Oh wait, pretty much everyone here did)

for the smartest people to walk the earth, the left elites are really getting outwitted over and over again by the “dumbest” president in our history. ??‍♂️??‍♂️?‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

• Like (+1) 6

5 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

The United States invests more into education than most countries on the planet.

The OECD reports that in 2018 the US spent $12,800 per student on elementary and secondary education, 35% more than the average OECD country.  The US spent $30,000 at the post-secondary level which was 93% more than the average OECD country.

Spending does not create better results.

Take a look around the world not just today, but throughout history.  The entire purpose of government is to protect the ruling elite from the toiling underclass.  It’s why the elite not only allow governments to exist, but insist that they do.

If you want to take an honest dive into this, I’ll gladly go with you.

And there’s the rub.  If you build a power structure that is a monopoly of force it will *always* be co-opted by those who will use the power you have embued the structure with towards their own ends.  It’s the reason they seek the office in most cases.  Libraries full of history and philosophy have been written on this subject, and it always turns out the same.

The entire purpose of the state is, and has always been, to protect the interests of the ruling elite.  It is, in fact, the only thing the state can be used for, as it’s very existence requires a ruling elite.

As Tom says, your thoughts on the matter aren't congruent.

I agree with what you're saying.

I'm just pointing out that there are plenty of developed countries around the world where elites don't hold as much power as they do in the US. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

I agree with what you're saying.

I'm just pointing out that there are plenty of developed countries around the world where elites don't hold as much power as they do in the US. 

Can you name a few, and then in each case (not a comprehensive list by any means), can you explain the “why”?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, keepthefaith said:

Sanders and Warren are political elites, they are just the leftist kind wanting to put a stranglehold on other people's money and spread around the benefit to what fits their point of view. They are the worst kind of elites. 

Like poor people, single mothers, uninsured, the VA, and the disabled.  Just horrible people.

10 hours ago, row_33 said:

one can weigh the wisdom in trying an impeachment fiasco based solely on your party's rigged polling numbers

Clinton never had the support for impeachment that Trump has right now.  Plus, I believe the PPP acronym involves polls.

15 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Poor education is caused by the liberal influence on educators. Our teachers and administrations should get back to the basics such as the 3 r's and quit trying to revise history. They are deliberately erasing the things that have made our country great and eliminating our culture that recognizes our past.

Education starts at home. Always. When I hear anti-American sentiment or apologetic teaching for being the best country on earth, I invoke dialog with my kid so she can hear another side. 

Blaming teachers will always be secondary. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Like poor people, single mothers, uninsured, the VA, and the disabled.  Just horrible people.

Clinton never had the support for impeachment that Trump has right now.  Plus, I believe the PPP acronym involves polls.

support isn’t the issue, criminal and civil justice is not to be meted out by opinion polls 

Clinton perjured himself before a grand jury

he conspired with his lawyers to lie and when the jig was clearly up he continued to lie

that alone was righteously worthy of impeachment, not conviction

Edited by row_33
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, John Adams said:

Education starts at home. Always. When I hear anti-American sentiment or apologetic teaching for being the best country on earth, I invoke dialog with my kid so she can hear another side. 

blaming the ***** who put poison in your ears is secondary. yeah, okay.... good luck with that.

you're an idiot.

Edited by Foxx

2 minutes ago, Foxx said:

blaming the ***** who put poison in your ears is secondary. yeah, okay.... good luck with that.

you're an idiot.

imagine actually thinking there is anything in the Constitution that gives the federal government power to set up a department of education and a system that essentially forces most people to send their kids into such a terrible a corrupt education system?  Yet most people in charge of the system exclude their own children from it?  Government Schools yet most government officials don’t send their kids there. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Foxx said:

you're an idiot.

If you don't like the state of children's education, the teachers are not blameless, but look to the parents first.

If you don't get that, you don't get personal responsibility and you don't get parenting. I'm invested in my child's education. Not all of it has been perfect, and when it's failed, I get involved. Blaming the "system" is a weakass copout. Punto final. 

Be a whiner or be a fixer. 

Edited by John Adams
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, John Adams said:

If you don't like the state of children's education, the teachers are not blameless, but look to the parents first.

If you don't get that, you don't get personal responsibility and you don't get parenting. I'm invested in my child's education. Not all of it has been perfect, and when it's failed, I get involved. Blaming the "system" is a weakass copout. Punto final. 

Be a whiner or be a fixer. 

This makes no sense. No one is saying that parents have no responsibility. It’s a separate issue. 

Kids in government schools spend at least 6 hours a day, 5 days a week, for 9 months in these schools. Taxpayers pay hundred of thousands of dollars on taxes to fund these government schools over the course of a lifetime. To say that parents should just focus on themselves and get more involved is a weird attempt at deflecting from these facts. 

3 hours ago, John Adams said:

I don't expect to do battle with the teachers I pay to tell the truth.

And most adults in this country steep themselves in the liberal media marinade when they get home from work. 

It's an incessant battery of systemically infused mental-poison cocktails designed to keep the herd going in one direction... forward!

• Like (+1) 2

12 hours ago, TakeYouToTasker said:

Can you name a few, and then in each case (not a comprehensive list by any means), can you explain the “why”?

Most Scandinavian Countries. Maybe a few other European countries. 

As for why, that's an extremely complicated answer. The US is unique in a variety of reasons (guns, healthcare, military spending, etc). Many staples of the US identity aren't found in most parts of the developed world. 

Edited by jrober38