Week 9: Bills (-10.5) vs Redskins

Cygnus99

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

I, for one, am shocked that our 2nd year QB with limited weapons couldn't light up the scoreboard through the air in tropical storm force winds.

Light up the Scoreboard? ? That expectation was soooooo... Pre Season. Did you miss the part where the O can barely score 1 TD per half? 

ONE! 

And the other guy in the identical conditions, led his team on 4 TD drives!

If you’re gonna say, that team is far more experienced & far better than the Bills? Yeah... that’s exactly the point!

When the opponent gets better, as it will in the 2nd. Half, the Bills will be wanting.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Billsatlastin2018 said:

Light up the Scoreboard? ? That expectation was soooooo... Pre Season. Did you miss the part where the O can barely score 1 TD per half? 

ONE! 

And the other guy in the identical conditions, led his team on 4 TD drives!

If you’re gonna say, that team is far more experienced & far better than the Bills? Yeah... that’s exactly the point!

When the opponent gets better, as it will in the 2nd. Half, the Bills will be wanting.

I honestly can't take you seriously when you say Wentz "led his team on 4 TD drives".  

It's painfully obvious what our defense couldn't stop, and it wasn't Wentz and his incessant screen passes...  It was the running game, and running backs as an extension into the passing game.    Outside of one long pass to Alshon Jeffery, Wentz wasn't trying to attack our secondary or the conditions.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, H2o said:

Despite how people are trying to portray the situation, Allen is not the problem. 

He hasn't been part of the solution either, to be honest.

My biggest issue though is that the Bills have an OC that just isn't good at being an in game coordinator. It's nothing new though because the Bills haven't had one of these since Joe Pendry.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

My biggest issue though is that the Bills have an OC that just isn't good at being an in game coordinator. It's nothing new though because the Bills haven't had one of these since Joe Pendry.

I agree that he hasn't had a complete game, but he has thrown the team on his back and carried them to victory with his arm multiple times when he has needed to. The turnovers are being cut down and people are still trying to pin everything on him in a lot of instances. The OC is garbo, the WR's aren't doing Josh any favors with their route running at times as well as dropping catchable passes, and you have to realize that he is still growing. 

5 minutes ago, njbuff said:

I’m on the fence with Daboll.  Some of it is execution, not playcalling.  

Your first sentence about Allen is accurate.  I’m ok with what I’ve seen from him, as Sky is the limit on his potential and he’s clearly growing as a QB, but he leaves a lot out there still...  

I wont kill him on the deep ball with the conditions, but yet again, we take the top off and he misses.  He had Brown for a TD and threw behind him, allowing Darby the pass break up.  He has improved on his decision making, but ball security is still a worry with the fumbles.  

Overall, he’s a second year QB who, along with Darnold, is playing without a ton of talent around him.   We saw what Amari Cooper did for Dak... Young QBs need help.   An ok OL, ok RB situation and average receiving options is an improvement but we need more because Allen hasn’t shown he can “elevate” a group like that yet.  

2 hours ago, H2o said:

I agree that he hasn't had a complete game, but he has thrown the team on his back and carried them to victory with his arm multiple times when he has needed to. The turnovers are being cut down and people are still trying to pin everything on him in a lot of instances. The OC is garbo, the WR's aren't doing Josh any favors with their route running at times as well as dropping catchable passes, and you have to realize that he is still growing. 

You mean this guy?

Agent-Garbo-The-Chicken-Farmer-Spy-by-Ma

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

?

Usually the gnashing of teeth is reserved for the appropriate thread (at least by the OP). The OP opening this weeks game thread in the manner he did just completely turned off my enthusiasm for what is usually an entertaining and informing thread..that’s all.

2 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Usually the gnashing of teeth is reserved for the appropriate thread (at least by the OP). The OP opening this weeks game thread in the manner he did just completely turned off my enthusiasm for what is usually an entertaining and informing thread..that’s all.

I didn’t realize that the weekly thread got merged with that one until now 

3 minutes ago, Sig1Hunter said:

You mean it wasn't started by Yolo so you got confused!   :D:D:D

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, John in Jax said:

The Bills are favored by 10.5!? And they had them favored by 17 over Miami too. Are the Vegas oddsmakers getting senile? Lol

The line is simply to even out the money wagered on both sides. Not many people will bet on a team with just a single win by week 9. Taking the Redskins with the points looks like a pretty decent bet. 

• Like (+1) 1