Josh Allen was tied with Wilson for #1 in Game Winning Drives and 4th Quarter Comebacks in 2019

10 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah, well has he had a 300 yard game yet?

Who cares????

When he has one do you think it will be because he flipped some magical switch?

The lack of a 300 yard game has been largely the product of game plan, particularly vs the Giants and Bengals.

We have a Defense-oriented Head Coach... try to understand what inherently comes with that.

Edited by transplantbillsfan
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, 32ABBA said:

I have been wondering why Allen hasn't been getting attention for this. I never hear it mentioned by radio or TV guys.

Allen is great in the clutch.

Everyone will know soon enough.

Because he plays for Buffalo.  Right now the national theme is Buffalo isn’t as good as their record

34 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Who cares????

When he has one do you think it will be because he flipped some magical switch?

The lack of a 300 yard game has been largely the product of game plan, particularly vs the Giants and Bengals.

We have a Defense-oriented Head Coach... try to understand what inherently comes with that.

Ugh....

Guess I'll add this to my long list of posts where I should have written, "sarcasm included"...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 7
  • Awesome! (+1) 4

1 hour ago, buffalo2218 said:

The problem with saying the Bills would have beat the Pats if Allen had finished is that by that standard, the Jets would have beat the Bills if Mosely hadn't got hurt. Idk if Allen would have been able to pull off the win or not

It is truly just belief. I think that is why the poll is asking "do you think"  and not "can you guarantee". 

Edit: I re read the question.  WE HAVE BEEN DOOPED!!!!

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 1

I can't recall seeing a quarterback with less concern about "padding his stats" than JA.  Probably that is because we have won almost all of them and been  in all of them but something tells me that even if we were to get blown out in a loss JA will never get the memo. As many have noted here, "he is a gamer".   Like the person who wrote the "little dog who thinks he is a big dog" piece.  Of course maybe JA is a big dog and the media and most other non-Homers think he is a little dog.  

This is a false positive.  If he was playing well throughout the game he wouldn't have to make a comeback.  The Bills defense is to good and we shouldn't have to continue coming back from deficits.  I'm not knocking him, love this kid in only his 2nd year and I'm glad he has steal nerves to be able to put his mistakes behind him.  Just hope he continues to progress so that he is ready to start burrying some of these teams. Love the attack style offense but Dabol could help him out with a few more runs during the game.

Edited by offsides#76FredSmerlas
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

The problem with saying the Bills would have beat the Pats if Allen had finished is that by that standard, the Jets would have beat the Bills if Mosely hadn't got hurt. Idk if Allen would have been able to pull off the win or not

Actually, I'd tend to believe both were possible if they'd happened that way.

Since I'm a Bills fan, I'm actually more likely to believe the Jets would have won if Mosely hadn't gotten hurt.

Or if Sam Darnold hadn't been kissing Fireman Ed at halftime.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, 32ABBA said:

I have been wondering why Allen hasn't been getting attention for this. I never hear it mentioned by radio or TV guys.

IF he hadn’t gotten injured against NE, and he had managed to lead a comeback win.... Then this team being 6-0 with comeback victories would be a national narrative. 

• Like (+1) 1

Especially his NFL leading 4th quarter QB Rating. That's probably even more impressive than the actual GW drives and 4th quarter comebacks. I know some like to argue that if he played better the first three quarters he wouldn't have these 4th QC comeback and GW drives. Sure, that can be true, but it is still a nice stat for Allen. The alternative would be him having the exact same stats but not pulling out the victories in the end. Which would not be a good feeling at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Because they are still holding out hope they can defend their pre draft tear down of him. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

This is a false positive.  If he was playing well throughout the game he wouldn't have to make a comeback.  The Bills defense is to good and we shouldn't have to continue coming back from deficits.  I'm not knocking him, love this kid in only his 2nd year and I'm glad he has steal nerves to be able to put his mistakes behind him.  Just hope he continues to progress so that he is ready to start burrying some of these teams. Love the attack style offense but Dabol could help him out with a few more runs during the game.

Yes. But it is a positive when you consider the alternative. The alternative being Josh continuing to struggle into the 4th quarter. Or even simply having nearly identical stats in the 4th quarter and overall but simply having one or two plays go sideways that prevent the team from winning the game.

I'll gladly take whatever "clutchness" Josh seems to have.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Yeah, well has he had a 300 yard game yet?

Please allow me:

We wouldn’t have needed those 4th quarter comebacks if he didn’t suck and put us in that position in the first place!

• Haha (+1) 1

10 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Ugh....

Guess I'll add this to my long list of posts where I should have written, "sarcasm included"...

Thought it was sarcasm when I read it initially. Then saw your vote in the poll and 2nd guessed the sarcasm.

Not that the 2 are conjoined at the hip.

Apologies.

8 hours ago, buffalo2218 said:

QB vs LB.

One guy touches the ball on every play he's on the field, the other does not.

I don't think that's an apt comparison at all.

• Like (+1) 1

That would have been great, but I believe someone placed that Boston Herald article where both the snapper screwed up with a low snap, and the ST Coach not adjusting after a near miss against the Jets and the Giants with the Gunners adjusting in when there was max penetration planned was a huge miss.

I do think Allen could have pulled it off and Brady looked absolutely terrible in that game.

5 hours ago, Offside#76FredSmerlas said:

Do you think that if he didn't steal those nerves he might not have the runs during the game?

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He helped create the reason we needed to come back.  The fact we were still in it and not down 33-0 like the Jets is a testament to our defense.

I agree, he did.Long as he can continue to make better decisions and not turn the ball over he will be fine. The last game his decision making was a lot better and hope it continues from here on out.

But yeah the D was huge but that's what we have come to expect from a MCD defense.

9 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

I agree, he did.Long as he can continue to make better decisions and not turn the ball over he will be fine. The last game his decision making was a lot better and hope it continues from here on out.

But yeah the D was huge but that's what we have come to expect from a MCD defense.

I felt a little bit better about Allen's performance after Darnold's horrendous performance against that defense (and Falk, Fitzy, Jones's, etc).  Hell, even Goff only put up three points against them in the Superbowl where he had a QBR of 16.4.  We'll see how Mayfield does this week.

Edited by Doc Brown

6 hours ago, K-9 said:

Please allow me:

We wouldn’t have needed those 4th quarter comebacks if he didn’t suck and put us in that position in the first place!

would you rather have a QB who plays efficiently all game only to poop his pants when it matters?  

Cause weve had those QBs.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

would you rather have a QB who plays efficiently all game only to poop his pants when it matters?  

Cause weve had those QBs.

Just in case it wasn’t obvious, I was being TOTALLY sarcastic in my post.

Just now, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

sorry man, there are so many haters … 

No worries. I’ve been around here so long, I just take it for granted people know my stance on things and that it’s obvious when I’m messing around. 

• 1 month later...