Two new Names added to Trade Market (Jets) - WR, Robby Anderson and DT, Leonard Williams

MAJBobby

Just now, H2o said:

Does this mean the Jets are about to hit the reset button? I guess this means that Sam will really see a ghost now, the ghost of Robby Anderson. 

Gase gets rid of players if they contradict or question his ineptitude 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, TOboy said:

I'd be all over Leonard, but why would they be willing to move on from him? I suspect the acquisition cost would be too high for us. 

Cause that's what they do... They draft defensive linemen in the top 10 year after year and then watch them leave as regimes come and go... They're idiots. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Foster was a healthy scratch last week...

My point exactly.  Anderson is so overrated and limited as basically a deep threat guy. 

We have one of our own and we don't even use him.

Thanks for fuethering my point!

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Gase gets rid of players if they contradict or question his ineptitude 

Question his ineptitude? So ... he wants to keep his inept status intact?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, hjnick said:

Are the jets Tanking for Tua? Do they already know that Darnold is not the answer?  Dude sees ghosts... so who knows.

Jets won't trade with us.

Wouldn't mind the DT, not the WR, he's not very good IMO.

They will if we are the highest offer

Just now, DJB said:

My point exactly.  Anderson is so overrated and limited as basically a deep threat guy. 

But he isnt.  He runs really good routes.  Remember John Brown is just a deep threat guy?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DJB said:

I think it had the opposite affect.

We don’t have our own, our own would dress.

We are looking at other WR just because we need more talent.

5 minutes ago, DJB said:

We already have a situational deep threat guy in Foster. 

We need an impact WR not this guy

Not sure there is a WR like that on the market. I don't see any true WR1 type players out on the market unless maybe Mike Evans or Keenan Allen come on the market but those players are going to cost a 1st plus extra. I think you are likely to only get flawed players or underachieving players like Anderson or Corey Davis. Overall I don't see an impact player being available barring something new developing on the market. 

Looks like Jets are about to enter a sell off

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

I don't think they'd trade Anderson in the division, and I don't think Anderson is a process type. 

Why a 1 year rental (UFA at end of year) and they are selling....  So it is not like they will compete this year.  They will take the best offer

Leonard Williams reportedly could be had for a 3rd, because his contract is coming up.  That's great, I hope the Jets keep drafting interior linemen in the first round every few years and jettisoning the last one.  That seems to be their MO.

The Eagles should trade for both players, but I could see the Chiefs being very interested in Leonard Williams as well.

54 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

That guy is a mess. The Jets just can’t get out of their way, reminds me of the Bills from 1999 till 1997.

...best post I read elsewhere suggested renaming the "Jets" as the "NY Cropdusters"........good 'ol Woody could do better hiring a HC from Accountemps...SMH.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

38 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Agreed. Plus he doesn't fit the process. He's trouble off the field. 

we have a guy that was in Prison sitting at RT. Have a guy that beat his GF on the roster. Had a WR that beat his brother naked on the roster. Had McCoy and his yearly off field incident on the roster. Duke Williams is another. 

so why are they different with their off field problems?

• Thank you (+1) 2