Tomorrow doesn’t make or break our season

Tomorrow is one game.

We will play 16 games that count, and this is just one of them. If you told me 3-1 going into week 5, I’d have been happy. Sure, 4-0 is better, but it’s looking like 9 wins could get you in the playoffs this year.  I’ll hope for a great showing and a win, but I won’t collapse on the floor if we lose to this dynasty. 

I like our trajectory and hope we keep showing progress. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Agree.

Tennessee,  Denver, Cleveland, Miami x 2 are the make or break games now

We don’t have to win the games we are supposed to lose. We just need the games we should WIN!

How refreshing! 

23 minutes ago, IgotBILLStopay said:

It doesn't break the season but will certainly make it.

With respect, no. The season is the season. We rejoiced after the Lawyer Malloy win. Where did that get us?

This is one game. An interesting game, but ONE game. 

• Like (+1) 1

Actually, yes this game will probably determine a lot about the season. This could be the difference between a #1/#2 playoff seed with a bye and at least 1 home playoff game vs. a 5th seed and likely having to play the entire playoffs on the road.

Keep your eyes on the prize, Bills fans. The legacy of the 90's Bills going to 4 straight Super Bowls is at stake here. The Patriots must not make a 4th in a row. Forcing them to play on the road vs KC, Baltimore, Houston, Buffalo, etc... makes it a lot harder for them to return.

But I understand that some of you have low expectations and simply want to see improvement from last year's 6-10 record. It's pathetic to me, but I understand. You're a defeated shell of a human and need years of psychological counseling from the 17-year drought. I hope you get the help you need and can one day approach game days vs. the Patriots with a scintilla of confidence and optimism.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Tomorrow doesn't make or break our season

Very true. 

Really, there are no make or break games until late in the season when each game starts to be either necessary or not to make the playoffs.

Edited by Thurman#1

6 hours ago, row_33 said:

Start the excuses already

you play to win 

I offer no excuses and I refuse to concede a loss. You do play to win. I want them to play with the Pats* like they belong on the same field, and I do not want a moral victory - I want an actual victory. I want them to serve notice that the AFCE is not a foregone conclusion any more; I want them to serve notice that they are not a certain win on anyone's schedule anymore; and I want them to serve notice that winning in Buffalo is going to be a tough thing to do from now on.

They are a young team, at their core, that is still learning how to win and how good they can be. These are the kind of games in which they truly show they are capable of taking the next step. 

The Pats* may be the better team at the moment; however, they are not invincible and the Bills, for the most part, actually match up favorably with them. The Bills are absolutely capable of winning this game and I believe they will.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Augie said:

We don’t have to win the games we are supposed to lose. We just need the games we should WIN!

How refreshing! 

Exactly. If we win the games we should win, we will win 11 games this year.

You figure we could pull at least 1-2 upsets and probably could blow 1-2 games. So the swing could be anywhere from 9 to 13 wins. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, Augie said:

Tomorrow is one game.

We will play 16 games that count, and this is just one of them. If you told me 3-1 going into week 5, I’d have been happy. Sure, 4-0 is better, but it’s looking like 9 wins could get you in the playoffs this year.  I’ll hope for a great showing and a win, but I won’t collapse on the floor if we lose to this dynasty. 

I like our trajectory and hope we keep showing progress. 

the "16 games that count " has been a fallacy for 20 years.  Most of those years after 10 games or so the season is over for the bills regardless of the outcome of the rest of the games.  A loss won't mean we wont make the playoffs.  But a win here makes its over 80% likely the Bills will. Plus beating the Patriots doesn't just mean the Bills have a nice 4-0 start. It means they have beaten the team considered in every single power ranking as the best team on the planet.   Comparing this to a meaningless week 16 game is absurd. 

• Like (+1) 1

The W/L does matter, but for me the key is more how they look.  I would love a W, and somehow feel we'll get one, but really I want to see them compete.  I want to see them fight.  I want to see them make a game out of it.  I want them to show us they can run with the Pats, rather then get run over.  This is a litmis test, let's see what they bring.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, The Red King said:

The W/L does matter, but for me the key is more how they look.  I would love a W, and somehow feel we'll get one, but really I want to see them compete.  I want to see them fight.  I want to see them make a game out of it.  I want them to show us they can run with the Pats, rather then get run over.  This is a litmis test, let's see what they bring.

This is rational thought. To make this our Super Bowl is to act like a whipped dog, abused and already beaten. The “what will happen if we win” stuff is defeatist. It IS one game. Granted, division and conference have slightly more weight due to tie breakers, but to say it counts more that a meaningless late season game.....silliness. So week 1 counts more than week 17? How about week 2, is that the second most important? We won those 2. Who says a late season game is meaningless? 

Winning this’d would be a statement game, and a valuable W, but still only one game. 

It doesnt but it makes it really frustrating because once again Allen looks clueless out there against a Belichick D when we actually could easily be leading this game right now and actually win this game...

Our D is very capable of holding the Pats in check its the offense that cant hold up their end of the deal right now again.

2 hours ago, The Red King said:

The D looks very good the pasing offense looks dreadful. Gore looks ageless. Brady has a QB rating of 34.3 and the Bills have more yards at the half. If the offense could do anything through the air we win this game.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 2

Defense looked awfully good to me today.  Brady doesn't have bad days like this often and it's because they were getting to him and rattling him.  Great play calling by Frasier.  I thought they would pick apart the Bills' zone stuff, but they did something to mix Brady up.  Even Edmunds looked pretty decent.  To me anyway.

I hate the Pats SOOOO MUCH and I hate to lose to them each and every time.  But we can come away with some serious confidence in the D.  They were put to the test all day long.  Made NE punt like 9 times?!   Just a great performance.  I think we can say they are for real now.