9/22 Bills vs. Bengals 2nd half thread

BuffaloBill

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Just now, Mojo44 said:

The Bengals players also knew it. They didn’t go after him. Besides, if it was still a live play he was running around so much that the game would’ve probably ended. Either way, great ending to a tough game

doesnt end with the clock though.......--tackle/fumble---weirder things have happened(mckelvin)

Just now, billsredneck1 said:

leslie frazier is not a 2019 dc.  we should have never let dalton pass the way he did. jim schwartz would have never let that happen.  i don't know why they take their foot off the throat in the 2nd half of games.

The whole coaching staff is ultra conservative, far from modern.

• Like (+1) 1

One thing is for certain, they don’t give up!! Gooo Buffaloooooo!!!!!

4 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Think he meant "ability to make the playoffs is over" which it may well have been.

We need to win all the games we should win if we are to make the playoffs.

So far, so good.

Two things: 

1- No, he was being stupid and sensationalist. 

2- Even if he did mean it that way, it would still be stupid because there is literally no version in which losing a week three game is the end of the season. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Tcali said:

doesnt end with the clock though.......--tackle/fumble---weirder things have happened(mckelvin)

My point was the Bengals didn’t go after him. So even if it was a live play they didn’t even know it. White probably and unknowingly ran out the clock

3 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

Yes.  They do that to the best team's in the league.  

No shame in losing to them next week we need to prepare and play like we've got nothing to lose.  Zero pressure.  Play like it.  

Just go ball let the chips fall where they may.  

That's fine, just play aggressively against the Pats.  Can't play it safe (i.e. play not to lose) or the Bills will lose.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Big Blitz said:

Ed Oliver was not on the field that last drive.

No idea how good he's going to be but right now he is anything but a wrecking ball for this D.  

Not giving up on him by any means.  But he's struggling right now figuring this pro thing out.  

Exactly what I was concerned about.

Shoulda drafted Metcalf.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billsredneck1 said:

leslie frazier is not a 2019 dc.  we should have never let dalton pass the way he did. jim schwartz would have never let that happen.  i don't know why they take their foot off the throat in the 2nd half of games.

Your kidding if you don't think Schwartz ever did that

He was far from perfect here

We got sacks and couldn't stop people when it mattered and couldn't get off the field on 3rd down

The defense gave up 17 points including one off a short field on a turnover the offense should have put up more to give the defense a three posession lead. That being said I would not mind seeing McD getting more of the playcalling. 

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Well everyone thought we'd roll over Cincy but they did play a great game against the seahawks and they were definitely up for this game. Especially defensively

Yeah I was never overconfident about this game. Like you said they played Seattle tough and lost by 1 point. Then Kyle Shanahan just schemed the perfect game. It was a bad matchup for Cincy and Shanahan took full advantage. 

Credit to Cincinnati for the adjustments at half time. They were out-coached by the Bills in the 1st half and then turned the tables in the 2nd. 

This offense is still so new. I think there’s what, 8 new starters? It’ll take some time to gel. Lots of promising signs but they need to clean up the mistakes. Hopefully it’ll come in time. I guess this is a very complex offense too, so I’m sure that contributes. It’s actually very encouraging (IMO) that Josh Allen seems to be ok running it so early in his career. Some young QBs need to run an offense that is way dumbed down. 

• Like (+1) 2

I though Schwartz was an awesome DC.

He always found ways to bring a free man on the rush. And yes, he would have kept the heat coming all game long.

Frazier is very conservative.

10 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Amazing. Allen made mistakes but once again displayed his huge balls in leading a late win.

But the play of the game was Knox battering his way to that big gain. That got the team and crowd back into it

Knox is really coming along making up for the missed time in preseason. Still a rookie with that drop but has overall been trending up.

But the real lesson I learned today is that Lesean McCoy is playing well for the Chiefs.

The game should have been over in the first half with the way were were dominating, but we couldn't get out of our own way. But, in the end, they don't ask you how, they ask you how many...... 3-0, BABY!!!!!

Edited by sven233

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

The good teams find a way to win, even ugly.

And at this point no one should question Allen’s leadership, confidence, or competitiveness.

Nor his skill.

The dude is CLUTCH. When's the last time we had a CLUTCH QB?

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, TakeYouToTasker said:

The good teams find a way to win, even ugly.

And at this point no one should question Allen’s leadership, confidence, or competitiveness.

I'm fine saying that interception was a terrible terrible play and should have us worried. I'm also okay saying that his game winning drive is more encouraging than that is discouraging. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, whatdrought said:

I'm fine saying that interception was a terrible terrible play and should have us worried. I'm also okay saying that his game winning drive is more encouraging than that is discouraging. 

You'll find no disagreement here.

That's what QUALITY QBs do. Atone for mistakes.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Here's the deal with Allen. He's gonna make mistakes. But he also makes plays that help you win. 

Edited by PromoTheRobot
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, DQW87 said:

Nice comeback win, it was too bad we got in this position in the first place but glad everyone kept their composure.   Gonna have to clean up a whole lot to compete with the Pats, which I believe we will!

If we play the entire 60 minutes like we played for the first 30 today, we’ll be fine.

We’re better.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

4-game win streak. 5th comeback win. Are you not intrigued?

Dude I was on board before that.

People are gonna see what they want to see. They want josh to be a checkdowner, non-risk-taker.

Give me Allen 8 days a week.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

i expect to lose next week so im not going to be as stressed.  Unless fate turns a blind eye and some miracle happens that keeps the game close.  

Its a different kind of stress when it comes to the Pats. I am not even playing and I am starting to take it personal.