Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

He's already on the phone, bro

Are you kidding? He was probably on the phone last week in anticipation of this happening today!  

Doesn't mean he's going to find any takers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nextmanup said:

Are you kidding? He was probably on the phone last week in anticipation of this happening today!  

Doesn't mean he's going to find any takers.

I could see anyone in the NFC West signing him.

Seattle

Rams

49ers

Cardinals

In that order of likelihood

Edited by DrDawkinstein

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...perhaps Jurrah or Snyder?........they have scruples though (COUGH).....

Bears, Chiefs, Ravens, Niners, Jets, Dolphins, Pats, Texans, Redskins, Cowboys, Bucs, Panthers do the Hawks have any money left?

Those are the teams I could see.  I'll put the top three as Bears, Skins, Dolphins.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

The......WHAT??  Is that a thing?

Mayock is a nobody.  He commands little respect--he's a guy who did mock drafts.  You're saying that BB's leadership would not be as "demanding? as whatever Mayock does?

That's a hot take righ there...

I think he means that if Brown could live with Mayocks discipline and rules, how would he live with BBs that is apparently much more strict.

Personally I think that many can live with BBs discipline/rule because it can usually lead to a championship. He was in Oakland for the money, NE can give him the chance to win while showing others he can play nice. Sometimes guys like him need the harder discipline to change then a place that might be more LAX like Oakland. If players see that they can run the show like it looks like there, they tend to take more advantage of it and assume they should get their way.

3 minutes ago, macaroni said:

Serious question here.

What does Drew Rosenhaus do about his "fee" for ABs Oakland contract? Since AB gets nothing, Drew gets a percentage of nothing … which is less than nothing. Does Drew sue AB for what he should have gotten? Does Drew just eat the fact that AB flushed his potential payday? Was Drew paid in advance once the contract was signed?

inquiring minds want to know.

I just tweeted your question @ rap sheet lol

3 minutes ago, brianthomas said:

The Patriots are the only team that really makes sense for him. It'd be his best chance at winning a Superbowl. All people care about is if you win & if he won a superbowl he could in his mind prove all the doubters wrong, especially after this fiasco. Yeah money isnt gonna be as good as it was in Oakland, but he has tons of money already & will get more regardless.

I really hope it doesnt happen but it wouldnt surprise me in the slightest.

I agree it Wine the best spot for him to get a ring.   I’d honestly take him on a one year prove it deal.  Would be at least 3-5 tds worth on thanksgiving and vs the Steelers.   And on a 1 year deal we wouldn’t have much invested.   We do have the cap.  

10 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't see it.  If he bristled under the discipline of Mike Mayock, I can't see him wanting to knuckle under and do things the "Patriot Way."  Jeff Darlington just reported on ESPN that Brown wants it to be like the NBA where all players aren't accountable and stars are treated like stars. That's why the Raiders were perfect for him because Gruden "loves his players" and as long as they produce on the field, he'll tolerate anything else.  Mayock on the other hand demands accountability.   

unless New England is what he wanted all along...Pats actually offered more than Oakland but the steelers nixed that trade 

7 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Mayock is a nobody.  He commands little respect--he's a guy who did mock drafts.  You're saying that BB's leadership would not be as "demanding? as whatever Mayock does?

You totally misread my post.  My point is that Belicheck is the ultimate disciplinarian.  So if AB couldn't deal with Mayock's attempts to hold him accountable (i.e. fines), how could one expect that AB would want to play for Belicheck.

11 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I don't see it.  If he bristled under the discipline of Mike Mayock, I can't see him wanting to knuckle under and do things the "Patriot Way."  Jeff Darlington just reported on ESPN that Brown wants it to be like the NBA where all players aren't accountable and stars are treated like stars. That's why the Raiders were perfect for him because Gruden "loves his players" and as long as they produce on the field, he'll tolerate anything else.  Mayock on the other hand demands accountability.   

I just threw that out there...Randy Moss was mellow compared to Brown.

So he fleeces the Raiders by pulling these antics; walks away with their money, and doesn't have to play if he doesn't want to. As I've already opined, AB doesn't really even want to play football anymore. Hate to see him "win" with these tactics, but that's exactly what happened.

EDIT; It has been brought to my attention that AB didn't receive any financial compensation from Oakland.:beer:

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 minute ago, Bubba Gump said:

NFW he ends up in NE. They prefer short white (cracker) recievers. The first time he threw a racial slur out in NE, he would be run out of town in a heartbeat. 

They also sign guys like Randy Moss and Josh Gordon

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I believe he is saying Belicheck would be more demanding.  

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

So he fleeces the Raiders by pulling these antics; walks away with their money, and doesn't have to play if he doesn't want to. As I've already opined, AB doesn't really even want to play football anymore. Hate to see him "win" with these tactics, but that's exactly what happened.

No, he walks away with no money and owing $250k in fines. He hasnt been paid a penny yet and its all been voided.

Edited by DrDawkinstein

2 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

You totally misread my post.  My point is that Belicheck is the ultimate disciplinarian.  So if AB couldn't deal with Mayock's attempts to hold him accountable (i.e. fines), how could one expect that AB would want to play for Belicheck.

If WEO thinks you said anything remotely negative about his Pats, it is on like Donkey Kong.

1 minute ago, Beane/Allen said:

On homesexuals ignoramus 

Methinks you're missing a very important comma in that sentence?

Also dying to know who's hating on "homesexuals" that's even been mentioned in this thread, but I have a feeling you won't be around long enough to tell me...just a guess.