Michael Robinson on GMFB bold prediction (Bills)

1 hour ago, Putin said:

Darnold is FAR from being a finished product , 

he was a turnover machine in college and I haven’t seen MUCH improvement in his rookie year , yes I hear the talk that Darnold better ( right now ) then Allen , BUT to say that he’s MUCH better then Allen after watching then both play ONLY about 10 games IMO is a little premature 

dont you think ?

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Why in the name of hell does he always get a pass with this?

I believe (I looked in to this awhile ago and I am going off of memory) between Sr year of college and partial rookie season in the pros he had 42 turnovers.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

Yeah he did the same on a different segment I saw over the weekend with Terrell Davis. Terrell & the host pretty much laughed at him, but he held his ground.

EDIT: I just googled and found it, it happened last week I believe.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap3000001045837/Mike-Rob-The-Bills-will-win-the-AFC-East-in-2019

......Terrell can't hide his Bflo disdain......said, "AB is much better off with Raiders and improving QB Carr versus potentially disastrous QB situation in Buffalo"....wonder what Mayock thinks??..........

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

I love how the female cohost points out Pats held Suh and Donald in check.  That was last year honey!

Pats missing C and captain in Andrews will be a major problem.  Not to mention they lost LT in FA.  Our line didn't look too good when we lost two vets last year.  Time will tell.

The Patriots scored 13 points in that Super Bowl. I think that anybody would consider that a success by the Rams’ defense. It was the Rams’ offense that lost the game (or the Pats’ defense won it. Either way). 

This to me is Rickman at his best.

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

......Terrell can't hide his Bflo disdain......said, "AB is much better off with Raiders and improving QB Carr versus potentially disastrous QB situation in Buffalo"....wonder what Mayock thinks??..........

I agree. 

• Haha (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

Heck, if we can make him look like Rodgers last night, I will be happy. 

Rogers is definitely showing signs of aging. A few balls he threw up on a prayer and got lucky. Wait until mid season! Also, I think Trubisky has not improved at all from year 2 to year 3. He just isn’t very good.

15 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

I know what Mayock thinks...Why in the hell did I leave my cushy job for this circus? Gruden really isn't helping the situation either, the GM & Coach need to be on the same page and have each others backs. More and more looking like Gruden has Antonio's back on this. As for Terrell, it shows what he knows. All things considered I'll take Allen over Carr any day of the week. Carr has decent stats, but the team is 32-48 since drafting him.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

I know what Mayock thinks...Why in the hell did I leave my cushy job for this circus? Gruden really isn't helping the situation either, the GM & Coach need to be on the same page and have each others backs. More and more looking like Gruden has Antonio's back on this. As for Terrell, it shows what he knows. All things considered I'll take Allen over Carr any day of the week. Carr has decent stats, but the team is 32-48 since drafting him.

...certainly agree.....if Mayock wants him gone and Gruden/Davis override him, I'd resign in a heartbeat rather than be in a zero respect position....he could go back to his analyst/draft consultant work and make a pretty good (guessing) living without headaches.....

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...certainly agree.....if Mayock wants him gone and Gruden/Davis override him, I'd resign in a heartbeat rather than be in a zero respect position....he could go back to his analyst/draft consultant work and make a pretty good (guessing) living without headaches.....

Mike Florio was just talking about that on PFT. He finds it hard to believe Mayock hasn't told Gruden that he doesn't need this mess, Gruden needs to pick between him or Antonio otherwise he can always go back to the NFL Network. 

• Like (+1) 1

Me, I'd suspend Brown now for the first game. By all accounts that voids his guarantees. It's then up to him if he wants to show up to earn his paychecks, or not. If he's even remotely a douche about it, you cut him for next to no cost.

While there will certainly still be a team out there somewhere who would take a chance on him, it won't be for the money the Raiders were offering, and it won't be for any sort of guarantees that aren't related to behaviour and games played.

56 minutes ago, PlayoffsPlease said:

it is an odd default to use the merged title. not a big deal. but  i don't know who michael robinson is, so i was surprised to see i started a thread about him

LMAO I was expecting to see a video or something with Robinson on NFLN professing his love for the Bills but instead got odds on a bet from Jimmy the Shark Balatini.

13 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

• Haha (+1) 1

He said the Bills will won't the AFC East. And he said the Bills will win 12 games.

The only thing that is interesting about this is that he predicted Mahomes would be the MVP last season.

Part of me is wondering what others see in this team that I don't. I expect them to improve, for sure, maybe even make the playoffs. But I don't see them contending for a championship this year. I think they'll win 9 or 10 games. 12 wins means you are one of the best teams in the NFL and a serious playoff contender.

22 hours ago, Putin said:

Darnold is FAR from being a finished product , 

he was a turnover machine in college and I haven’t seen MUCH improvement in his rookie year , yes I hear the talk that Darnold better ( right now ) then Allen , BUT to say that he’s MUCH better then Allen after watching then both play ONLY about 10 games IMO is a little premature 

dont you think ?

It is. However that is not what Vegas thinks or the experts think. 

34 minutes ago, Gingerbread said:

Thankfully prediction posts like these will now become meaningless. 

Here's my prediction: both defenses will be way ahead of the opposing offense in Game 1 of the season, both offenses will struggle like heck all day long, and it will be a close, low scoring, ugly game.

I give the edge to the Jets as they are home and IMO have the better QB.

16 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....said last night on NFLN that the Bills are his"sleeper SB pick"......interesting...,,him and Schein in a "Bflo luvfest"............:thumbsup:

I am an admitted homer, but the SB seemed a bit of a reach. Playoffs? Yes. Super Bowl means beating NE and/or KC. I love our Bills, but those two are juggernauts while the Bills are just getting their feet  wet.

6 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I am an admitted homer, but the SB seemed a bit of a reach. Playoffs? Yes. Super Bowl means beating NE and/or KC. I love our Bills, but those two are juggernauts while the Bills are just getting their feet  wet.

I agree - it is a reach.  However, there is no telling what is going to happen with any of these teams by teams end of the year.  There are always surprises.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

On 9/6/2019 at 9:09 AM, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Returning back to his network job probably wouldn't be as hard as he thinks. Everyone understands the lunacy of the Raiders organization. Mayock may even gain more credibility from the experience.

10 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

...no argument here......a valid and rational assessment...:thumbsup:....between Schein saying, "the Bills' D will end Eli's career" and M-Rob having them as his "SB sleeper", they're stealing a page from Greenspan's "irrational exuberance"....we have a whole bunch of "walk steady" ahead before running with "The Top Dawgs"....stay tuned......

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Returning back to his network job probably wouldn't be as hard as he thinks. Everyone understands the lunacy of the Raiders organization. Mayock may even gain more credibility from the experience.

...I agree.....but I'd bet he stays at least until the end of the year seeing AB gone as a moral victory......and as more AB garbage surfaces, Mayock probably gets support in league circles.....Chuckie is the one losing credibility (as if he cares) by planting his lipstick on AB's twin cheeks.....BTW, did he have ANY credibility returning to the sidelines or did 100 mil cloud his judgment (COUGH)??........

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...I agree.....but I'd bet he stays at least until the end of the year seeing AB gone as a moral victory......and as more AB garbage surfaces, Mayock probably gets support in league circles.....Chuckie is the one losing credibility (as if he cares) by planting his lipstick on AB's twin cheeks.....BTW, did he have ANY credibility returning to the sidelines or did 100 mil cloud his judgment (COUGH)??........

Yes, Mayock will definately stay until years end, to at least see things through. Mayock's experience with the Raiders can also serve as an inside example of what can go wrong within an organization starting with the draft and beyond.

Edited by Rocket94
  • Like (+1) 1