Dusty movies

BringBackFergy

Marley and Me.  My friend showed me that movie a day after I had to put my dog to sleep.  He told me it's a great feel good story ....he thought the prank was funny.

Then he got a dog that only lived to be 5 a short time after.  After his dog died, he called me up and apologized for doing that to me.  He'd never owned a dog and used to make fun of people who cried when their pets died....now he knew the feeling.

3 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Marley and Me.  My friend showed me that movie a day after I had to put my dog to sleep.  He told me it's a great feel good story ....he thought the prank was funny.

Then he got a dog that only lived to be 5 a short time after.  After his dog died, he called me up and apologized for doing that to me.  He'd never owned a dog and used to make fun of people who cried when their pets died....now he knew the feeling.

It's unfortunate that your friend had to go through it in order to understand how hard it is.  That makes him either really stupid or just a plain old dick.

1 hour ago, Rob's House said:

The end of Karate Kid where we see Johnny learn humility and sportsmanship as he swallows his disappointment and congratulates the villain, who just stole his title with an illegal kick. It always gets dusty right there. 

Kreese didn’t think so ?

I am thinking that few if any of you saw it but I'm going to run with "A Tree Grows In Brooklyn." 

Supposedly it is based on a true story (the author is one of the characters), and the book and movie are said to depict the struggles and poverty of the "lower class"  in that era of New York City.

1 minute ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Rudy--finally getting on the field and having his old man at the stadium see him play for ND at the end. Not sure why, but it seems like all of the dust bunnies from the ceiling fans choose that exact moment to fly into my face, every time. 

From what I heard....  It is too bad none of it was true. 

Oh and Hobbits don't play football 

• Haha (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Inter-464620.jpg

Interstellar   DUH @BringBackFergy

With age comes wisdom 

and tears

Inter-643779.jpg

Great call @ShadyBillsFan--the scene where he comes back to the ship from having just been aged umpteen years and knowing it, is a gut punch--that and his efforts to contact his daughter through the space-time continuum...

7 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

but they are able to hike without shoes, which is niiiiice...

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Great call @ShadyBillsFan--the scene where he comes back to the ship from having just been aged umpteen years and knowing it, is a gut punch--that and his efforts to contact his daughter through the space-time continuum...

but they are able to hike without shoes, which is niiiiice...

And Anne Hathaway   doing!!!

speaking of  Anne....  

Love & Other Drugs

she was nekkid half of the movie 

37 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Schindler's List.  The survivors putting stones on his burial site always gets me.

And Deadpool 2, of course.

When Schindler broke down at the end saying he could've saved more lives by selling his car I got tears in my eyes.  To see him get to that point from the ruthless businessman war profiteer at the beginning of the movie was well done.

10 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Rudy was a little too schmaltzy for me.  Good movie but they overdid it from the jerseys on the coaches desk to his boss giving him that speech to carrying him off the field at the end to the sappy music.

Edited by Doc Brown
  • Like (+1) 1

On 9/1/2019 at 9:38 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Is there a movie that creates a lot of dust in the room leading to a little watery eyes??

Honorable mention: Old Yeller (because we’ve had 3 yellow labs over the last 20 + years). 

We watched this movie probably 7-8 years ago called Hachi. It's based on a true story. If you're a dog/animal person, have the tissues ready. Great flick, but good god.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/3/2019 at 1:04 PM, Rob's House said:

The end of Karate Kid where we see Johnny learn humility and sportsmanship as he swallows his disappointment and congratulates the villain, who just stole his title with an illegal kick. It always gets dusty right there. 

"you're alright, LaRusso. You're alright!."  Powerful. 

Edited by JR in Pittsburgh
  • Haha (+1) 1