Punter options If Bojorquez is cut

muppy

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/9/1/20843366/buffalo-bills-punting-options-cut-corey-bojorquez-ryan-allen-britton-colquitt-bryan-anger I hadn't seen a thread regarding this it may end up being a moot point if no action is taken to try to replace him. What do you all think would be the best option for Buffalos punting situation moving forward? Do you think Bojorquez stays?  

When the Buffalo Bills trimmed their roster down to 53 players by Saturday’s 4 p.m. Eastern deadline, one player who survived the cuts was punter Corey Bojorquez, who had an underwhelming preseason.

In the team’s four preseason contests, Bojorquez averaged 45.2 yards on 13 punts (with a long punt of 66 yards) with one boot inside the 20-yard line.

His preseason highlight came in Buffalo’s Week 3 win over the Detroit Lions, averaging 47.2 yards per punt on five kicks. It was a much better showing than in Week 1 vs. the Indianapolis Colts, when Bojorquez followed up a booming 51-yard punt with a 35-yard shank and a 34-yard shank.

However, Bojorquez failed to capitalize on his chance to win the starting punter’s role, recording a net punting average of 34.8 yards on four punts in the preseason finale vs. the Minnesota Vikings.

The Bills could move on from Bojorquez, and if they do, here’s a list of the best available free agent punters:

Edited by Margarita
  • Thank you (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Doc said:

He said that because they had just lost out on Britton and isn't sure they'll find someone better. 

So who was the holder for Hauschka, who had his worst season in a few years last year?

Bojorquez, until he was lost for the season in October and he only missed one FG, and then after his FG% made went to crap with Darr.

Makes sense to me... but is it the holder or the kicker? Time will tell I guess.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan

Im surprised the Bills haven't signed someone else to be honest. He is inconsistent and that  to me doesn't equal a starter at his position. Unless he has show more consistency in practices I dunno......in McBeane I trust but keeping Bojo from what Ive seen is a puzzle...….

• Like (+1) 1

Bojorquez hits at least a couple awful punts per game. Even when he hits it well, the result is generally mediocre. With how close games generally are in the NFL, this can cost you dearly. I am very surprised this wasn't addressed earlier--- as I was last year, when Schmidt was cut, and this guy was brought in.

• Like (+1) 2

Beane says #Bills P Corey Bojorquez "probably didn't have the preseason he wanted or we wanted, but did show us some things last year. Maintaining continuity with holder was a factor in not making a change.

SMH I dont know what to make of That statement quite frankly wow
Edited by Margarita
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

Beane says #Bills P Corey Bojorquez "probably didn't have the preseason he wanted or we wanted, but did show us some things last year. Maintaining continuity with holder was a factor in not making a change.

Again, they almost signed Britton until he decided to go with the Vikes.

6 minutes ago, Margarita said:

I think he's saying "When (we) roll the ball out, Bojo is going to be the first punter to kick the ball."

• Haha (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, Margarita said:

so in other words his statement was total baloney....great Thanks Brandon smh

Yep.  The takeaway is that bviously they are looking to upgrade but can't make players sign with them.

Edited by Doc

48 minutes ago, Margarita said:

yikes... “God” status a little bit in question now.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Again, they almost signed Britton until he decided to go with the Vikes.

I found a link which supports your post

https://billswire.usatoday.com/2019/09/01/britton-colquitt-punter-changes-mind-doesnt-sign-with-bills/?utm_source=smg&utm_medium=wasabi&utm_content=home-latest-news

also the tweet I posted by Vic Carucci was shortened from a longer statement made at a presser which further elaborated on the tweet. This makes me feel better. The whole "Timing" point left me thiunking there had to be more than that.

Q: How do you feel about your punter situation going into next week?

A: Corey [Bojorquez], he probably didn’t have the preseason he wanted, or we wanted. He did show some things last year and I think, it’s obviously something we’ve looked at and evaluated what else is out there. You also have to take in the holder part of it too, we don’t want to be flip flopping too much. But we’ll definitely do our due diligence and keep an eye if we think there is a guy that would be a better fit or, I think consistency is probably the biggest thing that Corey, you guys all see his leg strength and what he can do. I thought last season, before he got injured, that he did some nice things. I think kicking is a lot like, I use golf analogies a lot but, it’s a rhythm thing. Whether it was alternating kicks, or whatever, with Cory Carter, I don’t think he ever got into a rhythm all preseason. He’s worked hard. I think he was here yesterday late, working on the jugs and catching, working on his drops. He’s handled it great. We’ve told him what we expect and I expect that he’ll continue to work hard. Again, like we do a lot of positions, we’ll continue to make sure he’s the best player for our team.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/9/2/20844546/transcript-brandon-beane-discusses-buffalo-bills-roster-cuts-lesean-mccoy

Edited by Margarita
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think Bojo had a good game. I didn’t have the stats behind me but he certainly passed the eye test. Had that one great punt inside the 5, and another one that should have been, but the gunners were tied up nicely by Jets players and the ball jumped in the end zone. He bought himself another week at least.

1 hour ago, Codyny13 said:

I think Bojo had a good game. I didn’t have the stats behind me but he certainly passed the eye test. Had that one great punt inside the 5, and another one that should have been, but the gunners were tied up nicely by Jets players and the ball jumped in the end zone. He bought himself another week at least.

Averages looked good but he had two touchbacks. He has to down those inside the 20.