Week One: Bills at Jets

YoloinOhio

I see lots of handoffs and quick passes in Daboll's 1st half gameplan tomorrow.  Don't give Gregggggg's blitzes a chance to get to Josh and after the running game and short passing game slow them down, play-action in the 2nd half could lead to some big plays.

3 hours ago, BillsFan4 said:

”make him be a quarterback”.

oh man I hope Allen makes them eat those words. I don’t want another season where all we hear from opposing defenses is “make him be a QB”... 

Tomorrow we start getting real answers. Does Josh Allen really know how to read defenses when Greg dials some weird 3-4 stuff up? Does he hit Beasley 7 times on this dig, swirl, and crossing routes like he should ? Does Josh actually hit a swing pass or WR screen and hit the guy where he keeps moving forward without having to reach back and stop? Do we take a dumb timeout in the first Quarter?     Add to this does Sweeney start dropping passes when the games actually count ?  Oh the sweet anxiety of heightened expectations!  

• Like (+1) 2

I am a bit nervous about this game , no idea who really is going to win this game . It should be even matched up , it is week 1 Division opponent . Probably the hardest game to predict of all the games in week 1 . I would not be surprised if the Bills win it and also would not be surprised if the NY Jets wins it . Both defenses are very good . I am not seeing a blowout ( sure it could happen but most likely not ) it will be a close game and both offenses may have a hard time . I am looking at 13-10 / low scoring game which could go to either team . We will see tomorrow GO BILLS ! 

56 minutes ago, Locomark said:

Tomorrow we start getting real answers. Does Josh Allen really know how to read defenses when Greg dials some weird 3-4 stuff up? Does he hit Beasley 7 times on this dig, swirl, and crossing routes like he should ? Does Josh actually hit a swing pass or WR screen and hit the guy where he keeps moving forward without having to reach back and stop? Do we take a dumb timeout in the first Quarter?     Add to this does Sweeney start dropping passes when the games actually count ?  Oh the sweet anxiety of heightened expectations!  

It's going to be a tough test. Gregg had roethlisburger rattled last year in the opener with a stout Steelers' OLine. 4 sacks, 3 ints. ?

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Cygnus99 said:

I am a bit nervous about this game , no idea who really is going to win this game . It should be even matched up , it is week 1 Division opponent . Probably the hardest game to predict of all the games in week 1 . I would not be surprised if the Bills win it and also would not be surprised if the NY Jets wins it . Both defenses are very good . I am not seeing a blowout ( sure it could happen but most likely not ) it will be a close game and both offenses may have a hard time . I am looking at 13-10 / low scoring game which could go to either team . We will see tomorrow GO BILLS ! 

i agree, but hope not. this i hope will be a statement game 31-17...or better. if we can go back next week with some familiarity of the place and beat the giants, we can come home with confidence and a winning attitude and beat cincy. a lot of these guys haven't experienced the home crowd and coming home 2-0 would be huge.

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Can someone explain that whole "the only team that plays in NY state" thing?

Why is that supposed to be clever?  How does that make the Bills special in any way?

giphy.gif

10 minutes ago, the skycap said:

It's self explanatory!!

I was wondering the need for an explanation.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Why is that supposed to be clever?  How does that make the Bills special in any way?

Well, you see, there are two NFL teams labeled as NY teams. The NY Jets and the NY Giants. However, neither team plays or practices in NY. Hence, the Bills are the only team that plays in NY state. 

I dont see the words clever or special in the tweet

I never thought I would need to explain that.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

It’s in upstate New York versus New York City thing.I am assuming that you already know that the other two “New York” teams play their games in New Jersey.

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well, you see, there are two NFL teams labeled as NY teams. The N.Y. Jets and the NY Jets. However, neither team plays or practices in NY. Hence, the Bills are the only team that plays in NY state. 

I dont see the words clever or special in the tweet

I never thought I would need to explain that.

Can you explain that slower to me, please? And use more caps. I love lots of caps.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Nextmanup said:

Have you been to New Jersey?  Everything - I mean EVERYTHING - is loud and tasteless.  They are horrible, reckless drivers who swerve in and out of lanes just to scratch their ADD itches.  The whole state smells like a port-a-potty.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JimmyTheFreak said:

Just a preview of the years to come

What are the odds that Oliver doesn't make that shoestring tackle or Edmunds didn't learn on game film to put up his hands?

Edited by GG

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

because, NEW YORK Jets and NEW YORK Giants... get it? Get it???

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

You do know you are embarrassing your parents again, right?

Go Bills!!!