Updates on Bills cuts

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, NickelCity said:

I imagine they made all the cuts awhile ago. We're just waiting for word.

yeah it was more of a time filler question I don't suspect the Bills would do anything that stupid but I wouldn't doubt it may have occurred somewhere before

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Wait a minute...Houston could have picked up the still awesome Shady for free, but instead traded an OL for Carlos Hyde?  I can't believe it!

Hyde is only 28; younger than Shady. Plus his contract is only $1.8 million this year:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/carlos-hyde-14467/

Shady would probably want more; he wouldn't take a pay cut from his $6+ million to stay here. And they would have to compete with other teams to land Shady.

Edited by from_dunkirk

Not sure if Sills makes it, but I am really not against it. It's obvious how much they wanted him post draft and they want to develop him. We didn't see him do much in preseason, but he blocked well and looked to have ran some good routes. They clearly like him and the last WR on the roster probably does not dress on game day anyways. It's a redshirt, but maybe they see this as the only way they can keep him (similar to Ray Ray last year). They lost Proehl to waivers last year, I think they definitely lose Sills. JMO. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Wait a minute...Houston could have picked up the still awesome Shady for free, but instead traded an OL for Carlos Hyde?  I can't believe it!

Maybe Hyde is better than McCoy, he's younger and likely much cheaper too.

2 minutes ago, Margarita said:

yeah it was more of a time filler question I don't suspect the Bills would do anything that stupid but I wouldn't doubt it may have occurred somewhere before

I couldn't find anything saying a team ever has went over the deadline. I would think they had a pretty good idea who was making the cut long before the 4 pm deadline?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Not sure if Sills makes it, but I am really not against it. It's obvious how much they wanted him post draft and they want to develop him. We didn't see him do much in preseason, but he blocked well and looked to have ran some good routes. They clearly like him and the last WR on the roster probably does not dress on game day anyways. It's a redshirt, but maybe they see this as the only way they can keep him (similar to Ray Ray last year). They lost Proehl to waivers last year, I think they definitely lose Sills. JMO. 

Vikes cut their kicker. Maybe McLaughlin to Vikes. Why else is he still here ?

1 minute ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

I couldn't find anything saying a team ever has went over the deadline. I would think they had a pretty good idea who was making the cut long before the 4 pm deadline?

if it ever had happened it'd be as rare as missing a draft pick meaning practically never I would think. Thanks for the research ?

• Like (+1) 2