Preseason Colts at Bills 7 pm

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

He left UB to early. He would benefit from a year on the PS.

That was always his likely location, he's playing more to make it hard to put him there than anything else. Though I guess if he plays bad enough he might miss out on that.

1 minute ago, njbuff said:

No big injuries............. I think.

And this is my contribution to this game.  

?

Zay and McDermott got taken out of the game but I think Zay came back though I don't know if he played.

1 minute ago, ScottLaw said:

He heard foot steps.

He's more worried about getting crushed by the safety than catching the ball. He's turns his head before even securing it. 

It seemed kind of similar to that play he had against Miami.

2 minutes ago, boco357 said:

These games are going to take forever this year with all these PI challenges.  Preseason takes 3.5 hrs imagine what regular season is going to be like.

It wasn't that big a deal it happens what a couple times a game maybe not to mention they were more willing to try it now to see how it works than in the season when it could cost them something.

36 minutes ago, LikeIGiveADarn said:

Wade counts as the 54th guy

He's a part of the NFL International Outreach Program and doesn't count as a roster spot this year. We'll have 54 guys on the roster this year.

That's not how it works.  He is only exempt from the 10 practice squad spots. If he makes the 53 he counts. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Wades first carry? Holy crap, that is no rookie looking run. That is no joke!

Someone upstream was saying he needs to be a KR or PR. Nailed it. The guy is clearly an elite athlete. 

Seemed like the way he holds the ball was awkward but he can fly. Bet he’s been fumbling in camp or doesn’t catch well. 

Id assign him to fielding all the punters punts in practice and then bring in 5 more punters or set up a juggs. 

Hed be hell hell of a returner 

Edited by Over 29 years of fanhood

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Someone upstream was saying he needs to be a KR or PR. Nailed it. The guy is clearly an elite athlete. 

Seemed like the way he holds the ball was awkward but he can fly. Bet he’s been fumbling in camp or doesn’t catch well. 

He was holding the Ball like Rugby Players hold the Ball. 

4 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Terrible drop.

Its preseason, but we've seen that way too many times from Zay. Cost the team 6 points. 

Yeah, that’s a big deal during the regular season. Zay has cost this team wins and points during his time here. Players all make mistakes, but Zay’s habit of making game altering mistakes needs to be corrected quickly. 

Just now, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Seemed like the way he holds the ball was awkward but he can fly. Bet he’s been fumbling in camp. 

Yeah I see that. He obviously takes care of himself. Well hopefully any issues that he has can be corrected. 

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

It didn't look like it was drawn-up to be a run to the outside.

Exactly. That was not the call. He saw the hole, hit it quick, changed direction and broke it to the outside. And he looks to have some wheels. Vision and burst. I want to see more of this kid.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Is there a reason it is different or is the technique a transferable skill?

I didn’t see the game so I don’t know what he was doing, but I played rugby in college. Backs are often holding the ball in a way that they can pitch to either side with two hands at any moment, or in a way they can be quick to get to that point. I’m very curious to see what they are talking about. 

10 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Id assign him to fielding all the punters punts in practice and then bring in 5 more punters or set up a juggs. 

Tell you what, I know that it was only one play, but if Wade keeps it up, the Bills may have to change their offensive plans. We may be having different conversations.

Edited by Rocket94

8 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Exactly. That was not the call. He saw the hole, hit it quick, changed direction and broke it to the outside. And he looks to have some wheels. Vision and burst. I want to see more of this kid.

He saw it extremely quick and changed direction quick. It was a large hole but he saw it and reacted instantly. 

19 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I just brought this up to a buddy via text when the run happened. It seems that his open field running background in rugby and his speed would really suit the NFL return game. I’m wondering why he’s not gotten any looks there yet.... of it that opens up to him at some point. 

10 minutes ago, Augie said:

I didn’t see the game so I don’t know what he was doing, but I played rugby in college. Backs are often holding the ball in a way that they can pitch to either side with two hands at any moment, or in a way they can be quick to get to that point. I’m very curious to see what they are talking about. 

He carried it high on his right shoulder just like a rugby player would. Not in the pitch way, in the open field way. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He carried it high on his right shoulder just like a rugby player would. Not in the pitch way, in the open field way. 

So quick to get to that point. It’s so similar, and yet so different! The helmet and pads make you into guided missiles! I’m so disappointed I didn’t get to see this live, but I guess I’ll save on an hour of commercials and other nonsense. 

• Haha (+1) 1