Ed Oliver to visit Buffalo

wppete

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

He is part of some good company. Look at that Short Shuttle time. Insane 

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Come on!  I was trying really hard to be objective so I don't get heart broken when the Bills don't draft my guy...

Oliver at 9 and N'Keal at 40 and I will need to consult a medical professional for an "issue" lasting more than 4 hours!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 3/25/2019 at 8:20 PM, LSHMEAB said:

We drafted H but he didn't show much. Nothing wrong if he ends up being a depth player considering he was taken in the 3rd. I think people really got caught up in the Kyle comparisons with that pick. J is a nice player but also not  a difference maker. If you believe Oliver is a stud and the BPA, you take him. 

I do not feel Phillips is more than a quality rotational player.

And Beanes are always looking to improve.

You take Oliver because he is animal and BPA.

1 minute ago, section122 said:

Come on!  I was trying really hard to be objective so I don't get heart broken when the Bills don't draft my guy...

Oliver at 9 and N'Keal at 40 and I will need to consult a medical professional for an "issue" lasting more than 4 hours!

LOL

that would be hard .. not to like

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Like i said

animal player. be delighted to see him in Buffalo. could move him around too

Just now, wppete said:

We are either drafting Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary or Montez Sweat. 

maybe not Sweat .

work ethic issues rumored. Or am I off base there ??

5 minutes ago, section122 said:

1 minute ago, wppete said:

We are either drafting Ed Oliver, Rashan Gary or Montez Sweat. 

I just can't bring myself to fall in love with Gary...especially at 9. I tried. Sweat? Think I'd rather go Burns before Sweat

10 minutes ago, section122 said:

Hard..heartbroken...issues. But no tissues?

Did she cheat on you bro?

Sounds like my first marriage, which also only lasted 4 hours, and I sought medical help ?

38 minutes ago, billspro said:

He won’t be. I think it’s more likely Allen will be there than Oliver at this point.

I disagree that Allen is MORE likely to be there, but my hunch is that NEITHER will be there at 9 unfortunately.

Oliver may have slipped if it weren't for his eye popping testing. 

10 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I disagree that Allen is MORE likely to be there, but my hunch is that NEITHER will be there at 9 unfortunately.

We would need 3 QBs to go in the top then to have a chance at Allen. 

Right now I see Murray, Williams, Bosa, and Oliver as the top 4 choices. 

One of the other QBs goes to the Giants. 

Allen, White, Burns, and Taylor are probably the next 4 non-QBs. One of those guys will drop to us. 

5 minutes ago, LSHMEAB said:

I don’t think he’d have slipped. He was at one time considered the #1 overall prospect right there with Bosa. His film didn’t change that. For whatever reason he was going outside the top 5 in mocks but i don’t know why. Coat gate? 

27 minutes ago, billspro said:

We would need 3 QBs to go in the top then to have a chance at Allen. 

Right now I see Murray, Williams, Bosa, and Oliver as the top 4 choices. 

One of the other QBs goes to the Giants. 

Allen, White, Burns, and Taylor are probably the next 4 non-QBs. One of those guys will drop to us. 

If that happens I’m probably calling the Bucs and giving them whatever they want at 5 to trade back to 9. Josh Allen is a step above anyone they would get at 9. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Bills2ref said:

If that happens I’m probably calling the Bucs and giving them whatever they want at 5 to trade back to 9. Josh Allen is a step above anyone they would get at 9. 

That would be consecutive drafts that we trade up with the Bucs to draft Josh Allen...

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 4

2 hours ago, Bills2ref said:

Unfortunately I don’t see much chance Oliver lasts to 9 now. Unless there is a serious crazy run on QBs. 

We pick 9th.

Kyler Murray
Quinnen Williams
Nick Bosa
Clelin Ferrell
Josh Allen
Dwayne Haskins
Rashan Gary
Brian Burns
TJ Hockenson
Greedy Williams
DK Metcalf
Jonah Willams
Jawaan Taylor

All of the above guys are, depending on who you ask, ranked as high or higher than Ed Oliver in terms of value. SOMEBODY good is bound to slip to the Bills. Given Oliver's less than prototypical size, it's not unreasonable to think it could be him.

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

We pick 9th.

Kyler Murray
Quinnen Williams
Nick Bosa
Clelin Ferrell
Josh Allen
Dwayne Haskins
Rashan Gary
Brian Burns
TJ Hockenson
Greedy Williams
DK Metcalf
Jonah Willams
Jawaan Taylor

All of the above guys are, depending on who you ask, ranked as high or higher than Ed Oliver in terms of value. SOMEBODY good is bound to slip to the Bills. Given Oliver's less than prototypical size, it's not unreasonable to think it could be him.

Kyler Murray

Quinnen Williams

Nick Bosa

Josh Allen

Delvin White

are the 5 I am almost certain that go before Oliver.  Hopefully teams panic and trade up for Lock and Haskins.  We need Tampa to select Sweat.  I am doubting Oliver makes it to 9.  Aaron Donald won back to back defensive player of the year awards.  It's hard not to see similarities.  Bills run to podium to select Oliver if he makes it to 9 IMO.

That begs the question- what do Bills do if Oliver and those 5 are not available?  Do we trade down?  Do we select Gary or Wilkins?  Jonah or Jawaan?  DK?  Hock?   And if Lock and Haskins make it to 9-we are in prime spot for QB needy teams(plenty of them) to leap Denver at 10.  So that just might be a nice consolation prize if we do lose out on Oliver

Edited by Pete
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

Kyler Murray

Quinnen Williams

Nick Bosa

Josh Allen

Delvin White

are the 5 I am almost certain that go before Oliver.  Hopefully teams panic and trade up for Lock and Haskins.  We need Tampa to select Sweat.  I am doubting Oliver makes it to 9.  Aaron Donald won back to back defensive player of the year awards.  It's hard not to see similarities.  Bills run to podium to select Oliver if he makes it to 9 IMO.

That begs the question- what do Bills do if Oliver and those 5 are not available?  Do we trade down?  Do we select Gary or Wilkins?  Jonah or Jawaan?  DK?  Hock?   And if Lock and Haskins make it to 9-we are in prime spot for QB needy teams(plenty of them) to leap Denver at 10.  So that just might be a nice consolation prize if we do lose out on Oliver

In this scenario, I think the only two players keeping the Bills from trading down are Jawaan Taylor and T.J. Hockenson. The Bills could finish the o-line for years to come with Taylor and give Allen the best protection possible. Hockenson could provide good blocking and pass catching skills as a safety blanket to Allen. Either one would be a huge upgrade and provide us with a potential pro bowler. 

I think the Bills have their eyes on Jerry Tillery at 40. Apparently, they have been at a lot of ND games this year and I could see Beane being enamored with Tillery’s size. He loves prototypes. 

All that said, I hope we trade down and pick up a second 2 or 3. This would allow us to get another potential starter and give us ammo to move around the board. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

That begs the question- what do Bills do if Oliver and those 5 are not available? 

Based on top 30 visits and reported Bills interest, I would suggest that the 9th pick is down to the following options (not in any particular order, because I have no idea how the Bills rank them): Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, Ed Oliver, Montez Sweat, Christian Wilkins. I expect one of those five names to be called if the Bills stay at 9.

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Based on top 30 visits and reported Bills interest, I would suggest that the 9th pick is down to the following options (not in any particular order, because I have no idea how the Bills rank them): Jawaan Taylor, Jonah Williams, Ed Oliver, Montez Sweat, Christian Wilkins. I expect one of those five names to be called if the Bills stay at 9.

If Haskins and Lock make it to 9- don't you think Beane's phone will be ringing off the hook with crazy, generous trade offers?

Just now, Pete said:

If Haskins and Lock make it to 9- don't you think Beane's phone will be ringing off the hook with crazy, generous trade offers?

I definitely believe that if the right offer comes in, Beane would accept it.

That being said, I DON'T get the impression that they're desperate to trade down. There are lots of potential difference makers at positions of need that could be available at 9 but that they'll miss out on if they trade down too far. Oliver and the two offensive tackles, for instance. 

Personally, I find it more likely that they pick a player at 9 and then use some of their "extra" picks this year to move BACK up into the late 1st or back up into the 2nd to take more premium players. The sheer amount of free agents they've added and the lack of ability to find spots on the roster for 10 more players leads me to believe the Bills will draft no more than 7 players come April. As such, I don't view a trade down from 9 to be as likely as some Bills fans seem to think. Just my opinion.

58 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

In this scenario, I think the only two players keeping the Bills from trading down are Jawaan Taylor and T.J. Hockenson. The Bills could finish the o-line for years to come with Taylor and give Allen the best protection possible. Hockenson could provide good blocking and pass catching skills as a safety blanket to Allen. Either one would be a huge upgrade and provide us with a potential pro bowler. 

I think the Bills have their eyes on Jerry Tillery at 40. Apparently, they have been at a lot of ND games this year and I could see Beane being enamored with Tillery’s size. He loves prototypes. 

All that said, I hope we trade down and pick up a second 2 or 3. This would allow us to get another potential starter and give us ammo to move around the board. 

If the Bills have their eyes on only 1 player at 40 they're going to be disappointed.