Brady and Belichick Deserve to Go Out On Top

Gugny

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Oh yes, there's a ton of Freudian projection going on around here every day.  Folks project their thoughts/feelings onto the team, and vice versa.  The 2 personalities merge and a lot of posters can't distinguish the concept of self from the Bills team.

It's why, for example, many here are so defensive.

It's also why we have 3 or 4 threads at any moment in time trying to re-assure others than Josh Allen is the real deal and a future franchise QB success.

These posters are simply projecting their fears and insecurities onto others; they are not convincing you of Allen's success, they are trying to convince themselves.  It comes from an inner repressed fear that he will not be good enough.

It can be entertaining.

Glad us fish in the bowl can be so entertaining to the enlightened. I am not repressing anything I will have you know... I have genuine, transparent, open, and obvious fear that if Allen does not make it as a Bills QB the team will go another decade in obscure rebuilding and front office turnover.

As for projecting or investing emotion onto a team or player, fans do it all the time for a variety of reasons - most of those reasons are not that terrible.

Gugny is in a league of his own when it comes to lighting a fire and watching Rome burn.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

And, frankly .... they deserve it.

Bless your heart.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Glad us fish in the bowl can be so entertaining to the enlightened. I am not repressing anything I will have you know... I have genuine, transparent, open, and obvious fear that if Allen does not make it as a Bills QB the team will go another decade in obscure rebuilding and front office turnover.

As for projecting or investing emotion onto a team or player, fans do it all the time for a variety of reasons - most of those reasons are not that terrible.

Gugny is in a league of his own when it comes to lighting a fire and watching Rome burn.

the fact that this thread isn't locked is sickening.

Edited by PrimeTime101

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

I was happy to see the Steelers beat the Patriots yesterday.  I was also happy to see Brady have to get up off the ground almost every time he threw the ball.

But as I reflect on the past nearly two decades, I can't help but think that Tom Brady and Bill Belichick have earned the right to leave the game as champs.

There's never been any off-field drama or issues.  No broken laws.  They've been, arguably, the most professional organization in the NFL for the past 20 years.  Sure, Belichick's pressers are boring and don't give any information, but I think that's an art and I love to see it.

Brady has been putting on clinics, week after week, for all football fans to enjoy.  We can root for them to lose, but we can also appreciate stellar football, which is what he/team have been putting on display on a very consistent basis.

With the Bills out of it and the Patriots' run clearly coming to an end, I'd like to see them hoist the Lombardi Trophy one last time.  It nets them the last pick in the first round (good for Buffalo) and will likely secure the retirements of Brady, Gronk and Belichick (also good for Bills).

BOOOOOO THIS MAN!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Gugny I want an honest answer from you before I call this thread BS 100%.

How the HECK did you think Bills Fans would react to this post and if you NEW we were going to react to this post as the JOKE it is then why post it? You had to know this post would light a fire yes? and if you agree that it would light a fire then its a troll. If you don't agree that this threat would light a bad response then idk what to say!'

In short your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't so WHY POST IT?

Edited by PrimeTime101

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Gugny I want an honest answer from you before I call this thread BS 100%.

How the HECK did you think Bills Fans would react to this post and if you NEW we were going to react to this post as the JOKE it is then why post it? You had to know this post would light a fire yes? and if you agree that it would light a fire then its a troll. If you don't agree that this threat would light a bad response then idk what to say!'

In short your dammed if you do and dammed if you don't so WHY POST IT?

If I created the thread for the sole purpose of lighting a fire, then it would be a troll.

I knew it wouldn't be well-received.  But it's how I feel and I think it's a decent topic to discuss.

4 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

I still harbor resentment toward Preston Brown for his complete lack of a response there.

absolutely. He should have rammed a knee so far into gronks kidney that he'd be pissing blood for a month.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

If I created the thread for the sole purpose of lighting a fire, then it would be a troll.

I knew it wouldn't be well-received.  But it's how I feel and I think it's a decent topic to discuss.

Yep your a 100% troll then. Nice try. You new it would not be well received then you put all these sad faces because its not well received.. knowing so.

The fact of the matter is, it does not matter if you did it to be a troll post or not because you DIDNT CARE!. You later claim to hate Brady and the Patriots yet you respect them enough that you think they deserve a ride to win the SB? That's just TRASH and you know it. You cant have this both ways. sorry. 99% of the Bills fans HATE Brady and HATE the Patriots.. Do you see one of them thinking.. hmm.. I think they deserve another SB win and go out in the blaze of glory?

give me a break!

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, PrimeTime101 said:

Yep your a 100% troll then. Nice try. You new it would not be well received then you put all these sad faces because its not well received.. knowing so.

The fact of the matter is, it does not matter if you did it to be a troll post or not because you DIDNT CARE!. You later claim to hate Brady and the Patriots yet you respect them enough that you think they deserve a ride to win the SB? That's just TRASH and you know it. You cant have this both ways. sorry.

So if someone starts a thread saying Jim Kelly isn't a top 10 (ever) QB - and it pisses people off - then you'd consider that a troll thread?

For many years, I hated the Braves, Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones ... but I respected the hell out of the manager, player and team.  I'm sorry your brain may not be equipped to understand the differentiation.

Edited by Gugny
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Gugny said:

So if someone starts a thread saying Jim Kelly isn't a top 10 (ever) QB - and it pisses people off - then you'd consider that a troll thread?

No because that's a topic that can be argued one way or another.. This topic is clean cut. You think a team ANY TEAM for that matter deserves a last SB to ride out in glory and NO TEAM deserves that. Your post cant be argued.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PrimeTime101 said:

No because that's a topic that can be argued one way or another.. This topic is clean cut. You think a team ANY TEAM for that matter deserves a last SB to ride out in glory and NO TEAM deserves that. Your post cant be argued.

You've been doing a lovely job.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

You've been doing a lovely job.

I am arguing with a person that did a garbage thread.. not the content of the thread. nice try. next. Most here think your trolling, some want you banned.. are we all wrong? hmm

Edited by PrimeTime101
  • Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

I am arguing with a person that did a garbage thread.. not the content of the thread. nice try. next. Most here think your trolling, some want you banned.. are we all wrong? hmm

I’m just going to sit back and let @SDS and @Hapless Bills Fan decide his fate and the fate of this thread.  As for now let’s just see what happens.  I’ll be having some Typhoo tea looking forward to the Bills making his beloved Pats a Wild Card team which goes down in flames in the first round!  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

I’m just going to sit back and let @SDS and @Hapless Bills Fan decide his fate and the fate of this thread.  As for now let’s just see what happens.  I’ll be having some Typhoo tea looking forward to the Bills making his beloved Pats a Wild Card team which goes down in flames in the first round!  

I think I would like to hear what @SDS and or @Hapless Bills Fan are going to do about threads like this.. now and in the future.

3 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

You tagging the owner and a mod about a legitimate thread that you simply disagree with isn't going to do anything but get a decent thread locked because you can't behave.  It's unfortunate.

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Your post was about Brady and Belichick "deserving" to go out on top.

If a Bills win on Sunday negated that.....which do you want?

You started a thread on that........not an opinion on Jim Kelly.

So in a week that they are playing which do you want to see?   Bills win Sunday decreasing their chances of a SB,

OR

Bills lose increasing their chances so you can celebrate their careers?

I mean in your original OP you stated "with the Bills out of it"....................

4 hours ago, Gugny said:

Don't bore me with the cheating narrative.  They know the rules better than any other team and they take advantage of that.  Deflategate was a joke.  They win because they're better.  We all know this.

I suspect you're just trolling for lack of anything else to do today, but Deflategate cost the team a million dollars, a first round pick, a Brady suspended for four games.

They win because they cheat, and they pay penalties because they got caught cheating, and if you honestly are unable to see them for the cheaters that they are, then it tells me you're just trying to pick up another shemale off the street in a Brady* jersey.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Your post was about Brady and Belichick "deserving" to go out on top.

If a Bills win on Sunday negated that.....which do you want?

You started a thread on that........not an opinion on Jim Kelly.

So in a week that they are playing which do you want to see?   Bills win Sunday decreasing their chances of a SB,

OR

Bills lose increasing their chances so you can celebrate their careers?

I mean in your original OP you stated "with the Bills out of it"....................

I want the Bills to win. Every game.  Patriots are winning the division.  They're in the playoffs.  And the Bills are, indeed, out of it.  I don't see the problem.

14 minutes ago, Gugny said:

I want the Bills to win. Every game.  Patriots are winning the division.  They're in the playoffs.  And the Bills are, indeed, out of it.  I don't see the problem.

While likely, the fact is they are not division winners yet.

https://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2018/12/7/18129546/nfl-playoff-scenario-2018-patriots-miss-out-hooray

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Thriftygamer83 said:

Think he is hoping to get banned and get approved for a New England fan base board.  

How do we know you're not an undercover Pats fan trying to contaminate our precious bodily fluids?  You accidentally tipped your hand an exposed your location, Mainiac.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Gugny said:

For many years, I hated the Braves, Bobby Cox and Chipper Jones ... but I respected the hell out of the manager, player and team.  I'm sorry your brain may not be equipped to understand the differentiation.

So...would you also have rooted for Bobby to get "one more" World Series ring as manager (since he was such a respected baseball man whose teams were so good for so long) before hanging it up in 2010 even though you "hated" them? Inquiring minds would like to know. ;) 

Just now, Jauronimo said:

How do we know you're not an undercover Pats fan trying to contaminate our precious bodily fluids?  You accidentally tipped your hand an exposed your location, Mainiac.

Oh, yes so many other Maniac’s root for Indy, Philly, Washington (father-in-law) my Pup is from Buffalo as well and my Mum is from Mass; both are die hard Bills fans.  Don’t know where we went wrong with my older sister though she’s a Cheatriots and Cowgirls fan.  You’d be surprised by the eclectic fan base and we got retirees from Philly who setup a bar not to long ago with everything Eagles.  Heck, Jim Kelly with his brother owned and operated a couple of Gipper’s bars in Maine.  Go Bills only thing I contaminate folks with is a love of Buffalo.  Read my post regarding my brother-in-law so ticked off he wanted New England to take Josh Allen.  Doesn’t even talk football to me anymore.  

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Most professional organization? I laugh everytime someone says that the Patriots are classy or professional. Winning a lot of titles doesn't make you classy or professional. They are one of the more arrogant franchises in sports. They have been that way since Belichick has been there. That's why I hate them so much. Not because of the amount of titles they have won. I can't tell you how many times when Belichick has lost in the playoffs and not even come out of the lockerroom to talk to a broadcaster or reporter like he did to Steve Tasker a number of times like a baby when Tasker stood there for a half hour or more to speak to him. Him and that team are sore losers when they lose. Whenever something doesn't go their way you see Belichick screaming and whining to the refs about it. Then there's the cheating thing and the way it was handled and lack of cooperation in it. Bill Belichick's press conferences where he can't even give simple answers to quesitions that every other coach answers are ridiculous and no need for it. Let's not forget about how classy Gronk was when he dove all his body weight and elbow into the back of Tre' White's head because the poor baby got interfered with. Give me a break dude. They don't deserve to go out on top. Screw them

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Rumor around here is that @Gugny is Jerry Sullivan.   No one wants to confirm or deny this, which leads me to believe that it is Jerry Sullivan himself.  Can say for sure though.  HELP

Edited by Phil The Thrill
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Hi, Noob.  It's been well documented over the years how much I respect Brady and Belichick.  I'm sure you're right about a lot of things.  This isn't one of them.  Good day.

Still, it had to be obvious to you that this would be considered a troll/attention seeking post for this forum.

Edited by downunderbill
Spelling
  • Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Gugny said:

Don't bore me with the cheating narrative.  They know the rules better than any other team and they take advantage of that.  Deflategate was a joke.  They win because they're better.  We all know this.

Yes, Belichick does nothing wrong and knows everything about everything better than everyone else. Come on dude, give me a break. How do you know rules of a game that all 32 head coaches know better than other coaches. The rules are rules. You either know them or you don't. You won't be a head coach without knowing the rules of the game. So by deflating footballs which is illegal, he saw a rule no one else saw saying that it's ok to deflate footballs below league requirements? So by filming other teams hand signals and a bunch of other things which is clearly illegal, no one saw that in the rule book like he did? Dude, you sound ridiculous