Zay Jones - Coming Around Nicely

I just wanted to give a shoutout to Zay Jones. Lost in all this Allen talk and KB Clay talk is Zay Jones. He has really stepped up his game running routes, blocking, his hands have been fantastic and unlike K-Biscuit and Clay, he seems to be working his tail off.

considering there were posts calling him the “biggest bust in history,” the issues in the off-season, and coming off a surgery, he has really made great progress.

Kudos Zay!

PS: How about that throw and catch by Allen and Zay on 3rd and 12 on our own 2 yard line!

Edited by PolishPrince
edited a missed autocorrect from my phone post
  • Like (+1) 16
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Descent game by Zay today.

Still would have liked to see him make 1 or two more plays though.

That 3rd and 11 in the first half (was a tough catch don’t get me wrong)

And the one at the end of course. I know it should have been PI but would have liked to see him come down with it regardless.

Overall he has progressed nicely this year though and actually looks like a NFL receiver 

This man had a heck of a game. Zay was the real break out player today. If Josh had been accurate on his throws Zay would have had 150+ yards receiving and at least three TDs. Happy for him given the rough start.

Edit: is anyone else having issues evaluating receivers on this team? KB is an obvious disappointment. It's a little harder with Foster, Thompson, and Zay given how bad the QB play has been. It's possible Zay is having a great season and most of us don't know because we're not watching all 22. The stats clearly aren't telling the whole story. 

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

Now that Zay Jones is living up to his draft status the rating of this regime's two drafts appear to be very solid. There is no dud selection with any of our first three picks in the two drafts with many solid pickups in the lower rounds.In the next draft we have a full complement of picks. If the picks match the previous two years of selections the roster should be bolstered with the franchise continuing to move in the right direction. 

37 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

I just wanted to give a shoutout to Zay Jones. Lost in all this Allen talk and KB Clay y’all is Zay Jones. He has really stepped up his game running routes, blocking, his hands have been fantastic and unlike K-Biscuit and Clay, he seems to be working his tail off.

considering there were posts calling him the “biggest bust in history,” the issues in the off-season, and coming off a surgery, he has really made great progress.

Kudos Zay!

PS: How about that throw and catch by Allen and Zay on 3rd and 12 on our own 2 yard line!

I think Allen starting to trust Zay more and more , he always says how hard he works , I definitely see a chemistry starting to develop between them !

Edited by Putin

19 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I don't think wanting to jump out of a whatever'th floor hotel window is considered normal...

And you have no idea what happened in that situation. Your diarrhea of the keyboard is obnoxious.

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I can’t tell if he is a 2 or a 3

but I def think he has a place in this team and is starting to show his draft status worth

there are 1st round receivers that bust

I think in a perfect world he's a 3, but a damn good one. I'd like to see a true #1 a burner at #2 and Zay in the slot. Give Josh that setup along with a reliable TE and we may have something. 

2 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The guy was wide open all day. Just have to get the ball to him. A lot of points and yards left on the field today with open WRs

Allen has to learn to relax out there and put some touch on the ball.

If those are our only issues with Allen............ the Bills search for a franchise QB is FINALLY over for at least 15 years.

2 hours ago, JohnC said:

Now that Zay Jones is living up to his draft status the rating of this regime's two drafts appear to be very solid. There is no dud selection with any of our first three picks in the two drafts with many solid pickups in the lower rounds.In the next draft we have a full complement of picks. If the picks match the previous two years of selections the roster should be bolstered with the franchise continuing to move in the right direction. 

He had 4 catches for 67 yards.  That is a quarter for some guys.  He is an ok player that appears to be getting better.  Give him more time.  Some people on this board thought he would be a surprise cut due to the off-season stuff.  But no one really predicted it and most reasonable posters just said what was true. He was terrible last year.  And he needed to get better.

3 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

Can we just ban this guy already? The trollery went from cheeky to constant and obvious real quick, on absolutely everything 

I wonder if he’s the same guy who just got put in time out? 

4 minutes ago, PolishPrince said:

All I know is he offers nothing constructive or helpful to discussion... just comes on and trolls and talks crap about every Bills player. Dude needs to go

Trust the mods. If he keeps up with being worthless it’s a matter of time. I’m all for different opinions, but there’s another level that they will deal with in time. 

It was the Mahomes avatar that made me think it was the same clown. Subtle, I know. 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Success said:

He has become a rock solid #2, imo.  And a true playmaker.

Finally, a receiver getting separation.

I agree, he is well suited for a 2, and he is showing that this year. We need a three with good short area burst 

4 hours ago, PolishPrince said:

Can we just ban this guy already? The trollery went from cheeky to constant and obvious real quick, on absolutely everything 

I wish the mods would step it up a bit.  It's more online here stupidness than can ever be accomplished by the players

I really see Zay not only growing on the field, but also growing off.  I'm officially become a big fan of his. 

I loved his post game interview.  He couldn't even really focus cuz he was soo upset about the loss.  Just by his answers you can tell he is going to be a leader of this team moving forward.  He is going to start calling guys out (IE mom's post about Benjamin) and start holding guys accountable.  We need guys like that.  At the end of the conversation he was asked about Charles Clay and his response "Charles is a grown man you can go ask him" speaks volumes about his compete level and how he holds guys accountable. Especially guys who are more veteran than him, and make a lot more money.  

I think this is a game this team will look back upon down the road and will be used as a measure of how fast they grew up once we get more talent and more experience.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, dezertbill said:

I think this is a game this team will look back upon down the road and will be used as a measure of how fast they grew up once we get more talent and more experience.

I said the smell thing to my son yesterday.  Reminded me of the 1988-89 Bills team that you could see was on the rise.

8 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

He had 4 catches for 67 yards.  That is a quarter for some guys.  He is an ok player that appears to be getting better.  Give him more time.  Some people on this board thought he would be a surprise cut due to the off-season stuff.  But no one really predicted it and most reasonable posters just said what was true. He was terrible last year.  And he needed to get better.

2 TDs and a 2pt conversion is not just a quarter for some guys. Few WRs get 2 TDs a game. Zay Jones gives Allen a lifeline. How about that 3rd and long that Zay caught walking a tightrope down the sideline. Then he went back to him with 1 minute left in the 4th and Zay nearly hung onto it to beat the Phins. Yesterday was hopefully the start of something between Allen/Zay. I need to see this again and again and again. Could be the start of a 10 year thing. The stats and accolades will come.

9 hours ago, Dadonkadonk said:

I'm not going to get carried away and anoint him as an elite receiver. But he is capable of being a good receiver. He's not a number one receiver. But that doesn't mean that he can't be an important contributor in the passing game. His rookie year was problematic. But let's remember it was his rookie year. This year, it can't be denied that he has shown flashes of ability to play up to his second round status. I'm happy with him and even more optimistic about his future. He will never be a dynamic receiver but he can be a good receiver. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I'm not going to get carried away and anoint him as an elite receiver. But he is capable of being a good receiver. He's not a number one receiver. But that doesn't mean that he can't be an important contributor in the passing game. His rookie year was problematic. But let's remember it was his rookie year. This year, it can't be denied that he has shown flashes of ability to play up to his second round status. I'm happy with him and even more optimistic about his future. He will never be a dynamic receiver but he can be a good receiver. 

I'm not so sure he can't be a #1. Zay is 6'2 and runs amazing routes and can catch in traffic. He can be a possession guy and redzone threat. Will he be a burner? Probably not, but he can score points and pickup 1st downs. We need a splashy #2 that can challenge Zay Jones for targets and can grow into a #1. Marquise Brown in RD2 and I'd feel good about WR.

9 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm not so sure he can't be a #1. Zay is 6'2 and runs amazing routes and can catch in traffic. He can be a possession guy and redzone threat. Will he be a burner? Probably not, but he can score points and pickup 1st downs. We need a splashy #2 that can challenge Zay Jones for targets and can grow into a #1. Marquise Brown in RD2 and I'd feel good about WR.

I would love to get Marquise Brown. He certainly would enhance the receiver group. As far as Zay goes I believe he can be a high volume receiver. But I don't see him as being an authentic caliber #1 receiver. That's not a knock on him. I just don't see him possessing the explosiveness and big play ability that a #1 receiver usually has. 

2 minutes ago, JohnC said:

I would love to get Marquise Brown. He certainly would enhance the receiver group. As far as Zay goes I believe he can be a high volume receiver. But I don't see him as being an authentic caliber #1 receiver. That's not a knock on him. I just don't see him possessing the explosiveness and big play ability that a #1 receiver usually has. 

Zay is the type of guy who moves the chains and can score in the red zone. Once again he nearly had 3 TDs yesterday, that's what you want from a #1. I think Zay will put up 1,000yards next year or close to it. Granted it'll be at 11yac but still there's nothing wrong at all with 10 yards and a 1st down. He can be a 10TD guy. Once again, he is a big WR in the red zone, big 6'2 target and has wonderful feet. We need a splashy #2.