Biggest Shaw Lawson contribution in career was his fight with Fournette!

Lawson has played well this year and seems to have learned what it takes to be a pro.  Two things though:

1. I would not kick Trent Murphy to the curb - his effort and talent are high level, only injuries have held him back.

2. While still too early to declare Lawson fully “there”, 

2a. Fans are WAY too fast to judge young players.  MANY here wanted to run Lawson out of town.

2b. Lawson appears to have “gotten it”, but we need to see at least another year of good performance before we agree that he has turned a corner.  

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimer1960 said:

Lawson has played well this year and seems to have learned what it takes to be a pro.  Two things though:

1. I would not kick Trent Murphy to the curb - his effort and talent are high level, only injuries have held him back.

2. While still too early to declare Lawson fully “there”, 

2a. Fans are WAY too fast to judge young players.  MANY here wanted to run Lawson out of town.

2b. Lawson appears to have “gotten it”, but we need to see at least another year of good performance before we agree that he has turned a corner.  

I hope you’re right about Murphy. I was hoping for big things from him as well.

13 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Lawson became a fan favorite after today. The guy was still trying to scrap in the tunnel lol

Yep. It was fun using him to bash Whaley, but my 180 on him is complete after today. Could've used him last year on the field to go after Gronk.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Rico said:

Yep. It was fun using him to bash Whaley, but my 180 on him is complete after today. Could've used him last year on the field to go after Gronk.

The way McD reacted, you could tell he loved it and probably thought the same thing. He called it “defending a teammate”