Per Schefter, Browns interested in interviewing Condoleezza Rice for HC

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, blacklabel said:

I think maybe the Browns have some people within their organization who can't keep their traps shut. So maybe they're spreading weird info to see if they can trace it back to whoever has the loose lips. 

The Bills did that and a couple of people in low level people were let go.  One apparently was LaConjecture's source who got his info from waste basket.

3 hours ago, Gettysburg said:

This is the silliness of the Rooney Rule. Should a team that just fired a black coach have to interview minority candidates to replace him?

A new regime came in and kicked out a black coach.  I think it makes perfect sense.  The GM didn't hire Hue, he was already there.  

50 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

The "Haslam Rule" will be instated in 2019: Each team must interview at least one female candidate per head coaching vacancy. ?

Poor dumb Jimmy---he din't realize that the Rooney Rule didn't REQUIRE him to hire Hue Jackson...

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Poor dumb Jimmy---he din't realize that the Rooney Rule didn't REQUIRE him to hire Hue Jackson...

I expect this type of wacky **** from Haslam; I can’t believe Dorsey is actually going along with this as well. He came from an actual functioning program.

Just now, JoPar_v2 said:

I expect this type of wacky **** from Haslam; I can’t believe Dorsey is actually going along with this as well. He came from an actual functioning program.

Dorsey is a dope as well.  But apparently this is being denied by the Browns

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Dorsey is a dope as well.  But apparently this is being denied by the Browns

Seems that way - I thought Dorsey would bring some sanity with him but apparently not.

Denial or no, there has to be at least a kernel of truth to this - this is such an out-there rumor no way it was completely made up.

33 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

The only thing I can't figure out is whether the people questioning this move are more racist or sexist.

Can I vote for neither?  

Moot point since the Browns have denied it, but IMO football HC as currently practiced in the NFL just requires a level of game knowledge a non player can certainly acquire, but only through years of participating in the whole game planning/film watching/coaching process and working their way up the food chain

Same goes for GM

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Can I vote for neither?  

Moot point since the Browns have denied it, but IMO football HC as currently practiced in the NFL just requires a level of game knowledge a non player can certainly acquire, but only through years of participating in the whole game planning/film watching/coaching process and working their way up the food chain

Same goes for GM

Sorry. Not my rules. Choose your bigotry.

• Haha (+1) 2

I'm hearing Hilary Clinton is on the phone to Dorsey right now...she was offended that she wasn't the first former Secretary of State he considered.  She has developed quite an accurate arm from throwing stuff at Bill.  Thinks she can help Baker's development.

https://nypost.com/2015/04/05/when-hillary-hit-bill-with-a-book-and-other-white-house-tales/

Edited by JoeF
  • Haha (+1) 1

This owner is an idiot, he should be kicked out of the league for total mismanagement of this franchise since the return.

Condoleezza has no experience , what makes him think she can run a team.

Mike Schopp, approves this hire !!

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

She has football knowledge but no coaching experience

Me too, I'm expecting Jimmy's call any moment. :thumbsup:

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

All joking aside, is this the “Brownsiest” thing of the last 20 years? I’m voting ABSOLUTELY. That’s why I hope that this story has legs. 

This would be awesome.  Condy would bring W in for some strategery advice.  Pilot Flying J truckstops would have my business forever if this was true.