Derek Anderson Hasn't Been Declared Out for the Bears Game - Now Declared Out!

2 hours ago, klos63 said:

enough with the mentoring crap. Give Allen a few more lineman, 4 or 5 WR... that will help more than a 'mentor'.

Well, you know, no one disagrees with giving Allen OL and WR help, but that's not really going to happen in any meaningful way until this season is in the books. So there is that.

As for whether Allen would benefit from the advice a guy like Anderson could give him about playing the position in the NFL as he tries to adjust IMO he would most definitely would. It's not like the Bills have surrounded the kid with coaches well known for developing young QBs. In fact the Bills have quite the opposite reputation. Darnold has been very outspoken about helpful McCown has been to him. I don't think he was just being politically correct. It makes perfect sense. 

34 minutes ago, starrymessenger said:

Well, you know, no one disagrees with giving Allen OL and WR help, but that's not really going to happen in any meaningful way until this season is in the books. So there is that.

As for whether Allen would benefit from the advice a guy like Anderson could give him about playing the position in the NFL as he tries to adjust IMO he would most definitely would. It's not like the Bills have surrounded the kid with coaches well known for developing young QBs. In fact the Bills have quite the opposite reputation. Darnold has been very outspoken about helpful McCown has been to him. I don't think he was just being politically correct. It makes perfect sense. 

I won't say Anderson wouldn't help some, but I'm not sure he has a background of developing QB's either. He worked with Cam, and as much as I like Cam, he still has too many flaws in his passing skills. Not a fault of Anderson, but not a ringing endorsement either. Darnold has more talent around him than Allen and Darnold is probably a higher rated prospect than Allen too.

• 26CornerBlitz changed the title to Derek Anderson Hasn't Been Declared Out for the Bears Game - Now Declared Out!
4 hours ago, Steptide said:

This actually isn't a terrible idea and an awesome way for Peterman to troll their defense 

Double moves would certainly be viable IF the pass protection can hold up long enough for them to happen. Something tells me the Bears aren’t going to allow that.

22 minutes ago, pop gun said:

IMO Barkley going in would be so comical and fitting for McBeane.

It would just be yet another reminder how this team messed up the QB position from the get go so so bad!

6 minutes ago, JPP said:

It would just be yet another reminder how this team messed up the QB position from the get go so so bad!

Now, now according to some it doesn't matter what QB you got off the trash heap the Bills record would still be the same and the offense just as bad. 

8 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

Come on man!

Every quarterback on this roster, including Allen, is likely to result in a loss.

It's just a question of the probabilities.

Nate's might be higher than the others, but they're all high.

In games Allen has both started and finished, the Bills are 2-2.

And this team is now entering an easier portion of the schedule.

I disagree.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

That actually is what scares me.....I dont want another 8-8 season

At this point???

We're halfway through the season already. I can guarantee even if Peterman starts the rest of the season, we will likely win 2 or 3 more games.

So, what's your best scenario and worst scenario?

If Allen is "the guy," I don't know that pick #5 is all that much different from #15 If #15 allows our rookie future Franchise QB to develop and figure out the game a bit.

• Like (+1) 1