Which Trash-Heap QB Would You Have Signed?

OK, I'll throw out some names. (I couldn't do a poll on my phone.)

- EJ. Hey, he's got a better track record than Barkley, and we just signed Barkley!

- Derek Anderson (because, well, you know why)

- Tom Savage

- Landry Jones

- Thad Lewis (I have warm and fuzzy memories)

- TJ Yates. He specializes in this role, the midseason addition thrown out there to the wolves.

- Matt Barkley. Because you think McBeane knows best after all.

- Matt Moore. Because he's kind of the slightly wealthier man's Derek Anderson

Edited by The Frankish Reich

5 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, I'll throw out some names. (I couldn't do a poll on my phone.)

- EJ. Hey, he's got a better track record than Barkley, and we just signed Barkley!

- Derek Anderson (because, well, you know why)

- Tom Savage

- Landry Jones

- Thad Lewis (I have warm and fuzzy memories)

- TJ Yates. He specializes in this role, the midseason addition thrown out there to the wolves.

- Matt Barkley. Because you think McBeane knows best after all.

So, I have to wonder how much of that decision is football related, and how much is perception?  Or even willingness on EJ’s part? Is that possible? I’d think EJ would take the job and the $$$. 

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Marinovich is 49 ... not that much older than Brady.

Ryan Leaf is one year older than Brady.

Both are available, although I really did have to check to make sure they're still alive.

Dead is a deal killer, I think.....

Just now, Augie said:

So, I have to wonder how much of that decision is football related, and how much is perception?  Or even willingness on EJ’s part? Is that possible? I’d think EJ would take the job and the $$$. 

Yep. It's the idea that signing EJ would subject them to more mockery, whereas nobody has really given Barkley a thought. Even though EJ is objectively better. Not good. But better.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Dead is a deal killer, I think.....

Is it though? I feel that with the way our defense was playing against the Pats, just taking a knee three times and punting every possession would have meant covering the spread. But no, we had to actually try to throw the ball and you saw what happened.

Just now, The Frankish Reich said:

Is it though? I feel that with the way our defense was playing against the Pats, just taking a knee three times and punting every possession would have meant covering the spread. But no, we had to actually try to throw the ball and you saw what happened.

What’s the famous Herm Edwards quote? “You play to beat the spread!”

Is that right? 

Peterman never should have been here competing for the starting job......  There was the issue plain & simple and snowballed from there.  

Any smart FO after drafting your franchise QB, has a vet who has proven serviceable in the NFL to mentor & pass him the torch.  Really not rocket science.

The Bills though were too smart and chose Peterman as that person.

I would seriously take Chad Kelly.  He’s a better prospect than a lot of #2 QB’s but there has to be a reason why Denver released him so quickly and why other teams won’t touch him. 

34 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I forgot about Matt Moore. Does he want to play? Because he's clearly a better option than most of these guys.

I agree...I thought that Miami should have started MM over Cutler last year.  I also think he would be a better option than Anderson 

3 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

i wish they would bring him in and at least check him out. wtf?

Sal on WGR said that Chad needs to be out of Buffalo.  He has too many bad connections around Buffalo and will likely find trouble.  He needs a fresh start and it’s really too bad Denver didn’t work out