Which Trash-Heap QB Would You Have Signed?

3 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Sal on WGR said that Chad needs to be out of Buffalo.  He has too many bad connections around Buffalo and will likely find trouble.  He needs a fresh start and it’s really too bad Denver didn’t work out 

so....what do we have to lose by giving him an interview? it doesn't have to be a big public show.

11 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

He's not wrong.  

But Kaepernick's biggest problem is: who the hell wants to sign a backup who generates a "Why isn't he starting???" QB controversy the instant he signs?

So, people would rather sign Chad Kelly over Colin Kaepernick? Pre draft, I was a proponent of Chad but due to revisionist history I learned that he can't be trusted. Kaepernick is the kind of QB this team needs right now. Someone who can beat you with his arm as well as his legs. Sure, the circus would come along with his signing but it would also help this organization in two ways. One, it would help with the recent controversy involving Terry Pegula. Two, Kaepernick would give the Bills offense the boost it needs with his ability to run and throw. Why waste spectacular defensive performances by this team over a, IMO, non controversy controversy. We can't keep putting statues behind this porous offensive line. I also see people saying bring back Tyrod. Why not get a better version of Tyrod that won't cost you any assets? This team has the bullets to win, just need a better gun to shoot from.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'd bring in Kaepernick for sure. I'm in the minority, I guess, his political views don't bother me at all. May actually go good in our locker room, most of our players are black. Sure, why not? Would make the rest of the season interesting. I'm down.

It would surely piss Trump off!! First, he lose team to the Pegulas. Then they hire his nemesis.

• Like (+1) 3

10 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

so....what do we have to lose by giving him an interview? it doesn't have to be a big public show.

What is there to really talk about. He's said hes sorry, learned from his mistakes and it won't happen again a couple times already.  

The kid is talented but repeatedly makes terrible decisions off the field. The people saying his family will keep him in line over look that he's lived with his family for 18 years and look where we're at. 

I want the kid to succeed but like Sal c said I don't think buffalo is the right fit for him. 

13 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Pat White, Mike Kafka, John Skelton, Joe Webb, Jimmy Clausen, talk Tony Romo out of the booth, Ryan Mallett. 

Thanks for the new names. Pretty sure Pat White said he's retired. I always thought he would've been the ideal backup for Tyrod. And Joe Webb is on the Texans, unless they've cut him.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, the skycap said:

It would surely piss Trump off!! First, he lose team to the Pegulas. Then they hire his nemesis.

I'm a Trump supporter, but I think Trump is very wrong on Kaepernick. I think the entire NFL is wrong on Kaepernick. Guy deserves the right to speak, he isn't promoting drugs or violence, he is promoting equality, why he is being punished I do not know.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

What is there to really talk about. He's said hes sorry, learned from his mistakes and it won't happen again a couple times already.  

The kid is talented but repeatedly makes terrible decisions off the field. The people saying his family will keep him in line over look that he's lived with his family for 18 years and look where we're at. 

I want the kid to succeed but like Sal c said I don't think buffalo is the right fit for him. 

well in buffalo he won't be able to confuse protein bars with proweed bars. probably doesn't go well with doing shots at a party.

10 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm a Trump supporter, but I think Trump is very wrong on Kaepernick. I think the entire NFL is wrong on Kaepernick. Guy deserves the right to speak, he isn't promoting drugs or violence, he is promoting equality, why he is being punished I do not know.

Unfortunately because there are a lot of people who don't want equality.

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

It wouldn't matter.  They are all trash heap QBs.  They should have done a better job at getting a vet in during the offseason and or not traded away McCarron.  I don't care if Peterman looked better in preseason.  McCarron was the vet on the team that Allen/Peterman were suppose to learn from and he was here in camp to learn the offense.  

3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Honestly I would have rolled the dice on Chad Kelly, knowing full well there would be a 25% chance he'd do something stupid to embarrass the team. He's the only FA QB who has any real skills.

From what I've seen about it here in Denver, it amounts to this: he was obnoxious at Vonn Miller's Halloween Party. He got kicked out. He wandered into someone else's house but didn't do anything threatening or violent. This is not banishment from the league type stuff.

Sign him, if only because it would be fun. Fun is good when you're a losing team going nowhere this year. It makes fans pay attention when they'd ordinarily start tuning out. What do you have to lose?

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, The Frankish Reich said:

OK, I'll throw out some names. (I couldn't do a poll on my phone.)

- EJ. Hey, he's got a better track record than Barkley, and we just signed Barkley!

- Derek Anderson (because, well, you know why)

- Tom Savage

- Landry Jones

- Thad Lewis (I have warm and fuzzy memories)

- TJ Yates. He specializes in this role, the midseason addition thrown out there to the wolves.

- Matt Barkley. Because you think McBeane knows best after all.

- Matt Moore. Because he's kind of the slightly wealthier man's Derek Anderson

I agree with Ej. He was actually quite good last year when he played for Carr. I'm actually surprised not a single team picked him up. His last start he had 300 yards and 3 tds. That sounds like heaven to me at this point 

3 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I agree with Ej. He was actually quite good last year when he played for Carr. I'm actually surprised not a single team picked him up. His last start he had 300 yards and 3 tds. That sounds like heaven to me at this point 

What are you talking about?  He played two games last season and he was terrible in both.

15 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

well in buffalo he won't be able to confuse protein bars with proweed bars. probably doesn't go well with doing shots at a party.

Is that how he tried to explain what happened? Weed and alcohol don't cause that type of behavior. The legal states would be full of random people incoherently mumbling on strangers couches. That was something else. 

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

No, he wasn't. He actually looked good when he first came in and the comeback was underway. But he had to keep forcing the ball downfield and his luck ran out.

We are talking about EJ on the Raiders correct?  WTF game are you talking about that he looked good in?  He only played in two and he sucked both games.

Ryan Nassib is available! We can re-do that 2013 draft but this time collect 'em all: EJ, Nassib, Barkley ...

Just now, Scott7975 said:

We are talking about EJ on the Raiders correct?  WTF game are you talking about that he looked good in?  He only played in two and he sucked both games.

Well, it was one drive, but it was a good drive ... and in his only start he was far more successful than Peterman or Anderson have been. Remember, the bar is set extremely low here.

47 minutes ago, the skycap said:

So, people would rather sign Chad Kelly over Colin Kaepernick? Pre draft, I was a proponent of Chad but due to revisionist history I learned that he can't be trusted. Kaepernick is the kind of QB this team needs right now. Someone who can beat you with his arm as well as his legs. Sure, the circus would come along with his signing but it would also help this organization in two ways. One, it would help with the recent controversy involving Terry Pegula. Two, Kaepernick would give the Bills offense the boost it needs with his ability to run and throw. Why waste spectacular defensive performances by this team over a, IMO, non controversy controversy. We can't keep putting statues behind this porous offensive line. I also see people saying bring back Tyrod. Why not get a better version of Tyrod that won't cost you any assets? This team has the bullets to win, just need a better gun to shoot from.

I'm sorry, I got distracted with hysterical laughter at "recent controversy involving Terry Pegula."  What was your point?  :lol:

Ryan Nassib is available! We can re-do that 2013 draft but this time collect 'em all: EJ, Nassib, Barkley ...

Well, it was one drive, but it was a good drive ... and in his only start he was far more successful than Peterman or Anderson have been. Remember, the bar is set extremely low here.

It was an ok drive.  Every QB in the league has an ok drive.  Even Peterman.  Every game Peterman has played in I was like wow nice drive.  Then he went back to the Peterman most of us know.  EJ had some good drives for us too.  His rookie year I actually thought he played pretty decent for a rookie.  He just never grew from that season.

3 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

It was an ok drive.  Every QB in the league has an ok drive.  Even Peterman.  Every game Peterman has played in I was like wow nice drive.  Then he went back to the Peterman most of us know.  EJ had some good drives for us too.  His rookie year I actually thought he played pretty decent for a rookie.  He just never grew from that season.

I can't argue with any of this. I can only say:  even if he played like he did in that rookie season, he'd still be far and away our best QB right now.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Steptide said:

I don't recall that whatsoever. Pretty sure his stats were solid

11/17 64.7% 106 yards 6.2avg 0TD 1Int 1 sack

13/26 50% 159 yards 6.1avg 1TD 0Int 3 sacks

And the games look worse than the stats when you factor in the ball placement... 

I can't argue with any of this. I can only say:  even if he played like he did in that rookie season, he'd still be far and away our best QB right now.

I would probably agree with that at this point in time.