Who to start against NE?

Who to start against NE?   

194 members have voted

1. 1. Who to start against NE?

2 minutes ago, Call_Of_Ktulu said:

Anderson has zero chance to win this game, Peterman at least might have a chance to pull a upset. Who really cares who starts, we are going nowhere this year. I would rather start Peterman and have a top 5 pick.

Agreed. The have no chance but at least Peterman has been here all year. This Anderson experiment was a colossal failure. He is washed up. This was the Colts Defense not the Ravens or Texans. They were 1-5. He made them look like they were 5-1.

McDermott and Beane have produced the most miserable product long time Bills fans have seen since the Hank Bullough era.  We have virtually no offensive talent and a defense that shows up to approximately half the games.  Perhaps more disturbing is the fact that the "brain trust" apparently saw no need to acquire said offensive talent or take any other steps to help develop the very promising but extremely raw player they drafted as the team's future franchise quarterback. Thus, by any objective measure the Bills should get absolutely crushed on MNF. 

That having been said, however, we must remember that this is not your ordinary terrible football team.  This is the Buffalo Bills, which means we need to consider the most "Billsy" outcome rather than the most likely one.  I think that would be for them to somehow beat the Patriots (and maybe Chicago too), get everyone's hopes up, and then lose the following three games by a combined score of something like 142-10.........   :-(

1 minute ago, Old School Bills Fan said:

McDermott and Beane have produced the most miserable product long time Bills fans have seen since the Hank Bullough era.  We have virtually no offensive talent and a defense that shows up to approximately half the games.  Perhaps more disturbing is the fact that the "brain trust" apparently saw no need to acquire said offensive talent or take any other steps to help develop the very promising but extremely raw player they drafted as the team's future franchise quarterback. Thus, by any objective measure the Bills should get absolutely crushed on MNF. 

That having been said, however, we must remember that this is not your ordinary terrible football team.  This is the Buffalo Bills, which means we need to consider the most "Billsy" outcome rather than the most likely one.  I think that would be for them to somehow beat the Patriots (and maybe Chicago too), get everyone's hopes up, and then lose the following three games by a combined score of something like 142-10.........  ?

Beat the Pats?

maybe two garbagetime late TDs to back-door cover a loss by 12

22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Beat the Pats?

maybe two garbagetime late TDs to back-door cover a loss by 12

I think covering a 12 point spread might be highly optimistic.  This offense would have a hard time putting up more than 20 points against Cal-Mum's defense, and unless our defense plays lights out Brady is going to have a field day.  Couple that with it being a MNF game and it's entirely likely we could lose by 30 points or more. I'm just considering what the most "Billsy" (rather than probable) outcome might be.......

Edited by Old School Bills Fan

I really would rather see Peterman. Anderson doesn’t give you anything. He’s not the figure of the franchise. He’s only there because allen is hurt and peterman is terrible. Peterman gives you a shot at still becoming something (like .0001%, I know) but you know Anderson won’t be anything in the future for this team. 

Then I realize the only reason why Anderson is in there. It’s so that Allen can learn from an actual starting qb and how he gets ready for game day. How he prepares. How he adapts during the game. All that stuff. 

It then it makes me wonder why I’d want Allen learning from such a career loser that Anderson is. I’d rather just have him figure it out himself. 

Then I wonder what good any of this is because this coaching staff, McD, and Daboll are absolutely terrible and I firmly belive this team will never amount to anything under this coaching staff. And that includes Allen. Or anyone else at QB. You could make a trade for Aaron Rodgers tomorrow and he would instantly be one of the worst QBs in the league if he was under this coach and coaching staff. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, Iron Maiden said:

We've all heard many times that Belichick is a master at taking away the 1 or 2 things you do best on offense.....he will be stunned this week.....we don't do anything well on O.....his entire strategy will blow up in his face !!!

I guess this means that Belichek is going to eliminate pick 6s thrown to the flats by playing his DBs 15 yards off the LOS and neutralize our strong punting game by allowing 1st downs.  My guess is we will see the Gilmore cushion in full effect. 

• Haha (+1) 1

I voted Peterman, but who cares. Derek Anderson has me about as excited as I get on tax day. McBeane should be ashamed of what they've trotted out there on offense. I'm not even sure a team has ever had two worse QBs and we once entered a game with QB 1 Thad Lewis, QB 2 Jeff Tuel.

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

Good Lord.  What is wrong with 31.45% of you?!?!?

We're Bills fans.  Gluttons for punishment.   

36 minutes ago, wppete said:

sadly that is why. 

Peterman to Zay Jones by the way 

10 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

What would be the point of putting Peterman in there?   See if he can set a record for interceptions in a game?   

Yes.   it will give some people something to root for

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

@Billsfan1972  Billsfan1972

Listening to WGR and many calling for Peterman.....  The Poll actually shows how ridiculous it is.  Early on the Poll was 24-1 for Anderson.....  Petermaniacs have since skewed the results.  

The fact it is now 31% is scary.

This should not be a debate.

It's not a debate.  It is a Poll

Here we go again - The Start Peterman faction is emboldened 

Go ahead and call people out.   Its a valid subject an topic 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

18 hours ago, ngbills said:

Where are the options 3 and 4? I would take a shot at another guy that could either be your long term back up assuming Allen figures it out. Or could be the guy regardless. Even a Paxton Lynch, Landry Jones, Austin Webb, anyone. Anderson gets you nothing. Peterman has shown who he is. Lets look elsewhere. 

where are they?  

Do they actually exist? 

It took Anderson 2 weeks to get this far.   Do you really think Paxton Lynch, Landry Jones, Austin Webb, or anyone else can make the NE game watchable? 

2 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

We're Bills fans.  Gluttons for punishment.   

sadly that is why. 

Peterman to Zay Jones by the way 

Yes.   it will give some people something to root for

Just for you...I voted for Peterman again.

19 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

Just trade for Carr already and draft another QB. Let Allen and the rookie develop under Carr for two years while showcasing them in preseason games. Hope no one gets injured. Hope one of the young guys becomes a franchise QB. Trade one or two of the QBs for multiple picks later.

I've been in Carr's corner but I have heard rumors he's not the sharpest tool in the shed when it comes to Iron sharpens Iron or  Iron sharpens Steel or Steel sharpens Iron  

however that goes.  

3 minutes ago, CowgirlsFan said:

Just for you...I voted for Peterman again.

LOL   your vote only counts once 

its still at 54 

I have no interest in seeing DA play. He was never a very good player to begin with, and he is gonna be gone after this year so whats the point? 

We are not a playoff team so playing NP is a win-win

Win #1 We get closer to picking in top 5 if he keeps sucking and its actually comical how bad he is at this point

Win #2 maybe he actually gets better with more experience but unlikely

• Like (+1) 1