Here we go again - The Start Peterman faction is emboldened

Please no.......  He should have been on the practice squad at best this year.  The Bills drafted their QB of the future, no ifs, and or buts.  There is no room & never was for Peterman.  The fact McDermott kept him, named him the starter and did not bring in a viable veteran presence along with an OC who has shown success was imperative.

Thankfully next Monday night I have plenty else that will keep me busy. 

He should start. For the good of the team. Let Anderson learn the playbook and get in shape and after the bye go with Allen and Anderson as his backup. We are looking at Pats, Bears, Jets on road. Anderson will not survive that. He isn't ready to play yet.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Listening to WGR and many calling for Peterman.....  The Poll actually shows how ridiculous it is.  Early on the Poll was 24-1 for Anderson.....  Petermaniacs have since skewed the results.  

The fact it is now 31% is scary.

This should not be a debate.

Edited by Billsfan1972

2 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Listening to WGR and many calling for Peterman.....  The Poll actually shows how ridiculous it is.  Early on the Poll was 24-1 for Anderson.....  Petermaniacs have since skewed the results.  

Did you watch yesterday's game?

It absolutely should be a debate.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

this also shouldn't be our reality, but it is. 

Just now, wppete said:

If we start Peterman McDermott should seriously get fired. No other way. This season has become a huge embarrassment.

giphy.gif

In seven games, the Bills have started Nate Peterman, Josh Allen, Nate Peterman again, and Derek Anderson.

I don't see what's so embarrassing about that!!!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, row_33 said:

what difference does it make who starts Monday?

Well if you start Anderson and he gets injured you have just Peterman, which likely would make them rush Allen back. Start Peterman until Allen is ready and Anderson is in shape and learns the playbook.

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Well if you start Anderson and he gets injured you have just Peterman, which likely would make them rush Allen back. Start Peterman until Allen is ready and Anderson is in shape and learns the playbook.

who is #3 QB on the depth chart

I've never cared less in my life.

I guess gun to my head I'd say Peterman, but only because it would be the greatest win of the last 20 years if we beat Brady with him. Odds of that happening are .5%, but the odds of Derek Anderson winning are 1% so whats the point?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Gugny said:

In seven games, the Bills have started Nate Peterman, Josh Allen, Nate Peterman again, and Derek Anderson.

I don't see what's so embarrassing about that!!!!!

Can you imagine if we go back to Peterman??? 

Nate Peterman, Josh Allen, Nate Peterman again, Derek Anderson, Nate Peterman again.

Its all on McDermott and Bean. 

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

How about they just cut Peterman? Why leave the possibility that he plays? He isn’t capable of playing in this league. You can literally sign any guy that played QB in this league and he will be an upgrade. 

He is only healthy guy on team that knows playbook. He actually is your typical 3rd QB. Gets paid nothing and takes snaps in emergencies. 

Just now, Kevin1778 said:

After bye

1 Allen

2 Anderson

3 Peterman on practice squad to pull up if either gets hurt. If Peterman is garbage just cut him at end of year. 

How many chances does he deserve? Why does he get so many more opportunities than other 5th round picks that failed? Everyone around the league knows that he sucks. The only people that don’t realize it are a couple of Bills fans and McDermott.

He is only healthy guy on team that knows playbook. He actually is your typical 3rd QB. Gets paid nothing and takes snaps in emergencies. 

No, he isn’t. He’s statistically the worst QB ever. There is nothing typical about him. If Drew Brees threw 1,000 straight INTs he still wouldn’t match Peterman’s INT percentage!! That’s incredible. Anderson stinks and he’s way better than that scrub Peterman. He doesn’t belong on an NFL roster. Knowing the playbook isn’t a skill; it is your job. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

3 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

I don’t know lol. 

Anderson is bad. Very bad.

Peterman is worst QB of all time bad lol.

I think Kevin1778 makes a valid point above.

It's not like we're going to win with either guy.  Why not do what makes the most sense with regard to Josh Allen?

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

How about they just cut Peterman? Why leave the possibility that he plays? He isn’t capable of playing in this league. You can literally sign any guy that played QB in this league and he will be an upgrade. 

Yeah! Derek Anderson came in off the street and totally outplayed him. ?

Kirby, it turns out we're just terrible. Peterman a little more maybe than the others, but this is basically the darkest hour for our offense. It truly does not matter. We're dangerously close to, "hey, at least we have a team" territory.

12 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Derek Anderson is waaayyyy worse. The fact that he is even on the team is beyond pathetic and just shows the total ineptitude of the organization. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

How many chances does he deserve? Why does he get so many more opportunities than other 5th round picks that failed? Everyone around the league knows that he sucks. The only people that don’t realize it are a couple of Bills fans and McDermott.

No, he isn’t. He’s statistically the worst QB ever. There is nothing typical about him. If Drew Brees threw 1,000 straight INTs he still wouldn’t match Peterman’s INT percentage!! That’s incredible. Anderson stinks and he’s way better than that scrub Peterman. He doesn’t belong on an NFL roster. Knowing the playbook isn’t a skill; it is your job. 

No. He is the worst starting QB. He gets paid the league minimum. He actually is a great 3rd QB. 

Just now, fridge said:

Yeah! Derek Anderson came in off the street and totally outplayed him. ?

Kirby, it turns out we're just terrible. Peterman a little more maybe than the others, but this is basically the darkest hour for our offense. It truly does not matter. We're dangerously close to, "hey, at least we have a team" territory.

He did (as bad as that sounds). He was much better than Peterman. 

I agree though that that it doesn’t matter. This MAY be the worst offense ever when you factor in the rules. This league is set up for teams to score 30+ points. We have 2 TDs in 18 quarters. We have 3 games without a TD. It is just an abomination. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, BuffaloBaumer said:

Derek Anderson is waaayyyy worse. The fact that he is even on the team is beyond pathetic and just shows the total ineptitude of the organization. 

I agree whole heartedly to your second point. Whether or not he's worse is a toss up. They're both just about the last two quarterbacks I'd ever want to start.

7 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

After bye

1 Allen

2 Anderson

3 Peterman on practice squad to pull up if either gets hurt. If Peterman is garbage just cut him at end of year. 

You do realize if you put Peterman on the practice squad he is fair game for the rest of the league to grab.  No way I take that chance with him.  I mean what team wouldn't want a QB that tosses a pick every 8 pass attempts.  

• Haha (+1) 2

He did (as bad as that sounds). He was much better than Peterman. 

I agree though that that it doesn’t matter. This MAY be the worst offense ever when you factor in the rules. This league is set up for teams to score 30+ points. We have 2 TDs in 18 quarters. We have 3 games without a TD. It is just an abomination. 

Way better than Peterman? Peterman threw a TD and had a much higher rating.

Emboldened by what exactly?  

The fact a 35 year old virually retired QB with 6 days of practice in the new system and team demonstrated better offensive command, play execution, accuracy, completion rate and ability to find WRs than a highly drafted rookie or the second year ‘vet’ that is 11/30 on the season with less than a 17 QBR? 

5 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

No. He is the worst starting QB. He gets paid the league minimum. He actually is a great 3rd QB. 

No, he isn’t a “great 3rd QB.” He’s an insurance salesman. He has thrown 9 INTs in 79 passes. He is a complete failure as a QB. You could throw a rock and get better QB play. He is literally the worst QB of all-time. The fact that some people still defend the guy is mind-blowing!!

Edited by Kirby Jackson
  • Like (+1) 1

I saw Anderson throw some okay passes.  You just can not start Peterman.  Allen is the starter through at least 2020 and hopefully will be the franchise.

Peterman is not even the back-up and never should have been.  The Bills as soon as they drafted Allen should have cut or traded Peterman for a bag of footballs and given him the opportunity to learn for another 3 years as a back-up and even given him a chance to be the Starter.

• Like (+1) 2

Way better than Peterman? Peterman threw a TD and had a much higher rating.

He also threw 2 picks in a minute and a half to cost his team the game. Peterman isn’t the worst ever. If you polled 31 GMs I would guarantee that they’d agree he’s the worst QB in the NFL. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

You do realize if you put Peterman on the practice squad he is fair game for the rest of the league to grab.  No way I take that chance with him.  I mean what team wouldn't want a QB that tosses a pick every 8 pass attempts.  

I see the point- bet it’s very confidence inspiring to the defense practicing against the scout team QB, getting all those picks in practice. 

No, he isn’t a “great 3rd QB.” He’s an I durable salesman. He has thrown 9 INTs in 79 passes. He is a complete failure as a QB. You could throw a rock and get better QB play. He is literally the worst QB of all-time. The fact that some people still defend the guy is mind-blowing!!

He gets paid nothing. As a 3QB his job isn't to get in games but to prepare the team. He should have been a 3rd QB last year, not a backup.