Here we go again - The Start Peterman faction is emboldened

This is just how pathetic this organization has become when some people are actually defending start peterman again....never seen or heard anything more out of this world than this??  Dear God what this organization has become.......Im not one for "fire everyone" however at the current state of our offense McD needs to be kicked to the curb now.....why waste year 3 on this crap...

1 minute ago, Kevin1778 said:

He gets paid nothing. As a 3QB his job isn't to get in games but to prepare the team. He should have been a 3rd QB last year, not a backup. 

He shouldn’t have been on the roster. You could sign a guy tomorrow (Landry Jones for example) that can walk in the door and be better. Peterman doesn’t belong on a roster. He isn’t one of the top 100 QBs in then world (and there are only like 75 rostered QBs). He’s a total scrub that and an embarrassment to all of us. He makes us a bigger joke than we already are. Just cut him and let him start on his next career. 

7 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, he isn’t a “great 3rd QB.” He’s an insurance salesman. He has thrown 9 INTs in 79 passes. He is a complete failure as a QB. You could throw a rock and get better QB play. He is literally the worst QB of all-time. The fact that some people still defend the guy is mind-blowing!!

?

I have to admit I want the Peterman to start on Monday. If i am going to be there and be cold, i need some entertainment. The Peterman playing has two outcomes

1) he wins and it is the greatest comeback/redemption story in the history of sports and he goes on to have a productive career in the NFL!!!!

2) he continues his trainwreck of a career, and who does not like to stop and look at trainwrecks?

• Haha (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He shouldn’t have been on the roster. You could sign a guy tomorrow (Landry Jones for example) that can walk in the door and be better. Peterman doesn’t belong on a roster. He isn’t one of the top 100 QBs in then world (and there are only like 75 rostered QBs). He’s a total scrub that and an embarrassment to all of us. He makes us a bigger joke than we already are. Just cut him and let him start on his next career. 

Call me crazy, but I'm starting to think that you don't care for Nate Peterman.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

No, he isn’t a “great 3rd QB.” He’s an insurance salesman. He has thrown 9 10 INTs in 79 82 passes. He is a complete failure as a QB. You could throw a rock and get better QB play. He is literally the worst QB of all-time. The fact that some people still defend the guy is mind-blowing!!

I can understand you forgetting his playoff appearance. It was something most fans should have blocked out for their own sanity.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Kevin1778 said:

Way better than Peterman? Peterman threw a TD and had a much higher rating.

It’s a mirage. His noodle arm leads him to throw pick sixes on demand. Anderson pretty much sucks, but Peterman is a whole new level. 

2 minutes ago, mead107 said:

And or Brady ?

Yeah that would be a bonus, but I'd rather watch Brady lose to us, that would be more fun.

But I want Gronkowski taken out. That cheap shot on Tre'Davious White should never be forgotten.

• Like (+1) 2

31 minutes ago, row_33 said:

what difference does it make who starts Monday?

LMAO! This .

I think Christ could be our qb and we'd lose by 17.

23 minutes ago, fridge said:

Yeah! Derek Anderson came in off the street and totally outplayed him. ?

Kirby, it turns out we're just terrible. Peterman a little more maybe than the others, but this is basically the darkest hour for our offense. It truly does not matter. We're dangerously close to, "hey, at least we have a team" territory.

Not close ....There. I have been a fan for 28 years. I can't remember a more putrid offense.

4 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Call me crazy, but I'm starting to think that you don't care for Nate Peterman.

I mean it is hard enough to be a Bills fan. We don’t need to give everyone else more ammo. There isn’t another team in the league that would employ him and we continue to play him!! Some fans are like, “I don’t know, I need to see more.” We are the only ones stupid enough to advocate for that scrub. 

I think the right decision was to start Peterman even this past week against the Colts. It will give Beane/McDermott no excuses to keep him on the roster next year if he flames out. There is no benefit to starting Anderson as we are probably going to lose regardless. Hopefully Allen heals up quick and the Peterman experiment ends if he can't turn things around.

• Like (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, Billsfan1972 said:

Listening to WGR and many calling for Peterman.....  The Poll actually shows how ridiculous it is.  Early on the Poll was 24-1 for Anderson.....  Petermaniacs have since skewed the results.  

The fact it is now 31% is scary.

This should not be a debate.

Ridiculous is the situation we are in.    But feel free to call people out.  

9 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

It’s a mirage. His noodle arm leads him to throw pick sixes on demand. Anderson pretty much sucks, but Peterman is a whole new level. 

Yeah but why give this FO and McDermott any reason to keep Peterman on this roster beyond this season? If he flames out cut him once Allen is healthy. Anderson won't be here next year so I see no reason why Peterman shouldn't be playing. A L is still a loss at the end of the day and I rather lose with Peterman vs Anderson at this point. 

Call me a glutton for punishment, but since we are going to lose anyway, it's kind of fun to watch the worst quarterback in NFL history do his thing.  It's not like watching your regular boring bad quarterback do his thing.  The mere fact that every single snap brings the distinct possibility of a pick six adds some excitement.   

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

He did (as bad as that sounds). He was much better than Peterman. 

I agree though that that it doesn’t matter. This MAY be the worst offense ever when you factor in the rules. This league is set up for teams to score 30+ points. We have 2 TDs in 18 quarters. We have 3 games without a TD. It is just an abomination. 

Why, because KB actually caught 4 of 5 passes instead of 2 of 6 to 9?  

It was ugly and it will remain ugly.  

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I mean it is hard enough to be a Bills fan. We don’t need to give everyone else more ammo. There isn’t another team in the league that would employ him and we continue to play him!! Some fans are like, “I don’t know, I need to see more.” We are the only ones stupid enough to advocate for that scrub. 

I dunno..maybe he will come around. 

I was all for starting Anderson last week as i thought if you could get to 3-5 with our schedule some of the back half games could be interesting, including the Bears. Now, 2-7 looks realistic so who cares? 

Play The Peterman...i aint worried bout others perception..in a strange way will give us all something to laugh about and have another "badge of honor" outside of table slamming...we will have officially played the worst QB ever for several games!!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Kirby, You and Gunner reflexively go crazy when Peterman is mentioned for any reason. Let it freaking go!  The reality is that it doesn't matter whether Peterman, McCarron or Anderson are taking the snaps because the caliber of play is at an unacceptable level. 

The substantive issues for this team don't revolve around those flaccid qbs. The meaningful issues relate to Josh's development, the OL, the receiver corps and continuing to add to talent to the defense and throughout the roster. My point is don't waste your energy on things that have little to do with making the Bills a serious team in the not too distant future. 

Just let it go!

2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Why, because KB actually caught 4 of 5 passes instead of 2 of 6 to 9?  

It was ugly and it will remain ugly.  

They moved the ball some (and had no McCoy). They weren’t good but Nate was worse. We hear all of the time about “process” and “culture” and “earning your chances.” Why has Nate “earned” the opportunity to keep playing? 

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

Kirby, You and Gunner reflexively go crazy when Peterman is mentioned for any reason. Let it freaking go!  The reality is that it doesn't matter whether Peterman, McCarron or Anderson are taking the snaps because the caliber of play is at an unacceptable level. 

The substantive issues for this team don't revolve around those flaccid qbs. The meaningful issues relate to Josh's development, the OL, the receiver corps and continuing to add to talent to the defense and throughout the roster. My point is don't waste your energy on things that have little to do with making the Bills a serious team in the not too distant future. 

Just let it go!

I’m not going to let it go. It’s so hypocritical of this regime to run him out there. He belongs at home. That’s what he has earned!! Practice what you preach Sean.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

They moved the ball some (and had no McCoy). They weren’t good but Nate was worse. We hear all of the time about “process” and “culture” and “earning your chances.” Why has Nate “earned” the opportunity to keep playing? 

some.  then he pulled a Peterman.  

Old dog same trick    

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

all  in  jest    Lighten up Francis.     

Did you need a separate thread?  You could have easily posted this in the Poll thread  

You could just have easily not started that thread and a pathetic cry for attention.

It wasn't funny and there was nothing about the way that you presented it that indicated you were joking, especially based on your man-love of Nate over the last year and your naive belief he should be our starting QB in Baltimore this year to start the season.

A poll asking "who should be cut before NE" would have been better.

10 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Just let it go!

THIS  ^^^^

It's up to the HC, GM and FO to make the decision.  Not you or me sitting behind a keyboard.  

If you want to get all pissy, you are free to choose another team to roof for. 

If you don't like snarky humor this may not be the place to be for the next month or so.   

Laugh a little people all this hate is not good for you.  

3 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

You could just have easily not started that thread and a pathetic cry for attention.

It wasn't funny and there was nothing about the way that you presented it that indicated you were joking, especially based on your man-love of Nate over the last year and your naive belief he should be our starting QB in Baltimore this year to start the season.

A poll asking "who should be cut before NE" would have been better.

please stop harassing me.   

11 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

when has that ever been the case with McD( the earning playing time) ..outside of the Peterman in preseason? Has he ever sat a player? Milano a bit I guess...no one on the OL or Dline..

All I am saying is dude talk a big game when it comes to "earning"..means nothing when it comes to actually reps.

At the moment you have 2 choices (and they are admittedly sad)

QB A: 20/31 (64.5%) for 175 yards (5.65 YPA), 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 1 Lost Fumble, 2 Sacks for 7 yards, 39.8 Passer Rating, 1.00 ANY/A

QB B: 11/30 (36.7%) for 85 yards (2.83 YPA), 1 TD, 4 INTs, 3 Sacks for 12 yards, 16.7 Passer Rating, -2.64 ANY/A

All the while, we're waiting for QB C to return from injury

QB C : 75/139 (54.0%) for 832 yards (5.99 YPA), 2 TDs, 5 INTs, 21 Sacks for 167 yards, 35 Runs for 155 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Lost Fumble, 61.8 Passer Rating, 3.00 ANY/A

23 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Yeah but why give this FO and McDermott any reason to keep Peterman on this roster beyond this season? If he flames out cut him once Allen is healthy. Anderson won't be here next year so I see no reason why Peterman shouldn't be playing. A L is still a loss at the end of the day and I rather lose with Peterman vs Anderson at this point. 

There is no if. Peterman should have been released already, but they’ve boxed themselves in with their poor planning. He shouldn’t see the field again in a Bills uniform even if it means playing Logan Thomas at QB. 

People think Anderson played terrible?  I thought he played a decent 1st half.  If it wasn’t for clay being useless and fumbling and Mike Mitchell playing lights out, I thought he played ok. 2nd half, things were different obviously, but that’s vs a defense that knew we had to throw.  I don’t think Anderson played great, but to those that thought he was terrible, I just didn’t see terrible.  He looked better than allen imo

6 minutes ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

At the moment you have 2 choices (and they are admittedly sad)

QB A: 20/31 (64.5%) for 175 yards (5.65 YPA), 0 TDs, 3 INTs, 1 Lost Fumble, 2 Sacks for 7 yards, 39.8 Passer Rating, 1.00 ANY/A

QB B: 11/30 (36.7%) for 85 yards (2.83 YPA), 1 TD, 4 INTs, 3 Sacks for 12 yards, 16.7 Passer Rating, -2.64 ANY/A

All the while, we're waiting for QB C to return from injury

QB C : 75/139 (54.0%) for 832 yards (5.99 YPA), 2 TDs, 5 INTs, 21 Sacks for 167 yards, 35 Runs for 155 yards, 3 TDs, 1 Lost Fumble, 61.8 Passer Rating, 3.00 ANY/A

it sure is sad a 12 +  year old pro plays nearly as bad as a 2nd year 5th rounder.  

Even with the 4 Turnovers, Anderson moved the chains better than Peterman which is the reason why Anderson should continue to start and is ALSO a good reason to go insane.

Bills are so bad at offense and HAVE been for so long that when you actually take a step back and think about how starved Bills fans are for something close to a NFL standard offense, you can't help but just laugh. Well, I personally laugh. The opposite of laughter is not something I'm willing to waste on a NFL team. 

When I watch other teams play, I just marvel at the throws, the catches, the runs, the coaches having a pulse, energy and emotion (instead of clapping at every damn mistake). I wonder what it must feel like to be a fan of those teams.

But in Buffalo, we have a locker room full of character guys who don't point the finger at each other and hold people accountable. 

Let me ask you this. If you were at work and did your job the way it's supposed to be done, but your coworkers are slacking, then your boss needs you to do MORE work than you're supposed to BECAUSE of the slack of your coworkers at the same pay, wouldn't you be upset? Wouldn't you pull those people to the side and say, look here man, I'm not doing more work just cuz you lazy and can't do your job?

This team is lead by a guy who looks serious and often tries to get smart with the media when they ask him a particular question, yet claps on the sidelines after fumbles, interceptions, 3 and outs etc.

Sucks to be a Bills fan is all it is but it's BEEN this feeling for too many years. When and how does it change?

57 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

I say sign Kaep today and start him Monday night.  At this point its a total s___show anyway, why not go full on.

Add Kaep starting to the fact that Bill Mafia is trying to get the fans to throw dildos on the field when Brady is under center for the first time & this will be must see TV.  This maybe the highest rated Monday night game ever.  

1 hour ago, Gugny said:

I think Kevin1778 makes a valid point above.

It's not like we're going to win with either guy.  Why not do what makes the most sense with regard to Josh Allen?

Fair point. I just don’t think you can put peterman back in though.

Mcdermott just can’t justify that to his team, the fans, or the pegulas. 

1 hour ago, Kevin1778 said:

Well if you start Anderson and he gets injured you have just Peterman, which likely would make them rush Allen back. Start Peterman until Allen is ready and Anderson is in shape and learns the playbook.

wait so we should start Peterman so we don't have to rush Allen by starting Peterman?

my head hurts now.