Derek Anderson to sign with Bills per Mort

8 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Jordan Palmer mentors and coaches many young QBs. He sucked in the NFL even worse than Anderson. So does that mean he can't teach?  The obvious answer is no. 

Aaron Rodgers, that pro bowl QB, said he learned a lot from Alex Van Pelt and was unhappy he was not retained.  I think some QBs who physically are not the best get by with mental sharpness although Van Pelt DID beat Marwhino's records in college.

2 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Aaron Rodgers, that pro bowl QB, said he learned a lot from Alex Van Pelt and was unhappy he was not retained.  I think some QBs who physically are not the best get by with mental sharpness although Van Pelt DID beat Marwhino's records in college.

Jim Kelly constantly lauded AVP with helping him when he was Kelly's backup.

20 minutes ago, Jpsredemption said:

Coming to replace Allen.

A few more games like today and I’m going to hope for this. We can “learn” and rebuild, without losing at the same time. Allen does some fun things but man he sucks at throwing the ball on time. I hope he’s just going to eventually get it but the accuracy is as advertised. It’s certainly not encouraging to me anyway.

8 hours ago, FrankReichComeback#14 said:

Question is - do the Bills cut their losses and get rid of Peterman?  Or do they keep him on the roster and have him inactive each week?  

The optics of cutting the QB that won the starting job weeks ago is not good!

Bills have done that before.

Just now, transplantbillsfan said:

Fantastic!

We need a capable backup and, maybe more importantly, we need a veteran QB to likely teach Allen since none of our coaches are doing a good job with that.

Right. Because before, when Josh threw an INT, he came to the sideline and Nate would slap him on the butt and yell, "You nailed it!"

8 hours ago, FrankReichComeback#14 said:

Question is - do the Bills cut their losses and get rid of Peterman?  Or do they keep him on the roster and have him inactive each week?  

The optics of cutting the QB that won the starting job weeks ago is not good!

The optics of Peterman wearing a Bills uniform are not good.

1 hour ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Yeah, why does it take the Bills so long to act on suggestions from this board?  

Forever for they never do.  Not only are we not the tail which wags the dog we are also not the flea which bites the tail which wags the dog.

28 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Jim Kelly constantly lauded AVP with helping him when he was Kelly's backup.

yes he did.

Not treating this as a true player signing as much as a coaching hire. Allen would probably be well served having a set of veteran eyes down on the sidelines, to be in his ear between drives, showing him little things he is missing on the tablet, etc. If Anderson did well teaching Newton in Carolina and they trust him in that "coaching" role then I'm all for it 

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And AVP. Kelly constantly said what great sounding boards both of them were.

That cant be true, every person who achieved greatness did so all by themselves! There was never any support network.

• Haha (+1) 3

Derek Anderson is the author of probably the worst quarterback performance in the history of the stadium in Orchard Park.

Oct 11 2009...........he "outdueled" Trent Edwards to lead the Browns to a 6-3 victory.

His complete game stats:

2-17  for 23 yards and an interception

And NOW he is going to be a Bill.

The thought of watching meaningless December football at the Ralph with that uber-turd at the helm is truly nauseating.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Derek Anderson is the author of probably the worst quarterback performance in the history of the stadium in Orchard Park.

Oct 11 2009...........he "outdueled" Trent Edwards to lead the Browns to a 6-3 victory.

His complete game stats:

The thought of watching meaningless December football at the Ralph with that uber-turd at the helm is truly nauseating.

He's not signed to play, and even if he does it's better than Nate Peterout. 

8 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His complete game stats:

You can't have the word "Billsy" without Bills

10 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His complete game stats:

He also took the Browns to their only playoff appearance in the past 30 years.  That’s got to be worth a lot. 

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He's not signed to play, and even if he does it's better than Nate Peterout. 

He's the closest thing to Peterman-quality on the market.

That's truly terrible.

They need a smart, veteran QB in the room to help mentor Allen and take some snaps for the team when he goes on IR in November.........but that's not Derek Anderson........this isn't a McCown-type............he has been truly atrocious for virtually his entire career.

Just now, BADOLBILZ said:

He's the closest thing to Peterman-quality on the market.

That's truly terrible.

They need a smart, veteran QB in the room to help mentor Allen and take some snaps for the team when he goes on IR in November.........but that's not Derek Anderson........this isn't a McCown-type............he has been truly atrocious for virtually his entire career.

I would argue we have no idea either way whether he is a good veteran mentor or a bad one. I don't think talent really has anything to do with it. AVP for instance was a very good sideline adviser. 

18 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

His complete game stats:

This is a Billsy Post. 

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

A few more games like today and I’m going to hope for this. We can “learn” and rebuild, without losing at the same time. Allen does some fun things but man he sucks at throwing the ball on time. I hope he’s just going to eventually get it but the accuracy is as advertised. It’s certainly not encouraging to me anyway.

My fear is becoming reality....I know it's absolute taboo but if it keeps up and I am running an NFL team I am seriously thinking about using my top 10 pick on a QB next year. 

The guy has suspect accuracy and not much pocket awareness. Unfortunately I think McD and Beane will hitch their wagons to this guy and be out of jobs in 2 years. 

I will criticize Beane for this coming too late  ... as I also criticized Whaley for going with two rookies in 2013 in EJ and Tuel. And no QB coach at that time either. 

It’s like the blind leading the blind. McCarron was kind of a vet, I guess, and they probably shouldn’t have traded him but damn, a 5th was good return because it looks like it’s going to be a high 5th. 

Anyway they should have brought in DA in TC if that was possible ... not sure if he had to be persuaded or what. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

51 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Not treating this as a true player signing as much as a coaching hire. Allen would probably be well served having a set of veteran eyes down on the sidelines, to be in his ear between drives, showing him little things he is missing things on the tablet, etc. If Anderson did well teaching Newton in Carolina and they trust him in that "cosching" role then I'm all for it 

Endo el threado

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I would argue we have no idea either way whether he is a good veteran mentor or a bad one. I don't think talent really has anything to do with it. AVP for instance was a very good sideline adviser. 

He's always been perceived as a dumb QB.

He was a sub-20 wonderlic scorer as well..........which puts him in a group with basically zero "smart" QB's in it............a notch dumber than Cam which I always assumed was why they liked him as an unthreatening backup to Newton. 

But yeah.......maybe he's a good mentor..........just going on what we know about the turd.

I mean how many more weeks until we can worry about Allen without having to fight? The guy looks like he might suck. I know it’s early but by week 3 I was very worried about EJ. It takes time...but it doesn’t take that much time. We have no WRs, I get that. But even the guys that are open are picking balls off the ground. Does this have to get better? I mean, we all want this to work. It looks really really bad right now. This is not the guy I wanted in the first place. And il admit, he won me over a bunch from draft night until now. The guy looks like he absolutely sucks at passing. That’s a big deal for a QB. When is okay to worry?