Derek Anderson to sign with Bills per Mort

2 minutes ago, No Place To Hyde said:

Same reason Juan Castillo is here. Both have big ties to Andy Reid. Betting both came with a "strong reccomendation" from Reid who McD idolizes. 

...so Andy is 0-4 with Chiefs in post season and 0-2 with our coaching staff.......

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I’m all good with this. I wouldn’t even care if he starts and just let Allen sit all year.

At this point, you cannot do this. Fine if that was the plan all along and the Bills had another QB that can actually play ( not necessarily well) in the league. Now that Allen has been the starter, you must leave him in except in case of injury. In that sense, the signing is a good one. Being one play away from being forced to play Nathan Peterman in an NFL game is a place that no team should put itself in. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

At this point, you cannot do this. Fine if that was the plan all along and the Bills had another QB that can actually play ( not necessarily well) in the league. Now that Allen has been the starter, you must leave him in except in case of injury. In that sense, the signing is a good one. Being one play away from being forced to play Nathan Peterman in an NFL game is a place that no team should put itself in. 

There are no rules. That what people don’t seem to understand. If Allen is struggling and getting hammered every game. Getting scared and learning to have happy feet. I don’t care. Play the other guy. Now we have another guy that can be put in. You do what you have to do.

Just now, FrankReichComeback#14 said:

Question is - do the Bills cut their losses and get rid of Peterman?  Or do they keep him on the roster and have him inactive each week?  

The optics of cutting the QB that won the starting job weeks ago is not good!

Cut him and move on. He's not NFL caliber. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, FrankReichComeback#14 said:

Question is - do the Bills cut their losses and get rid of Peterman?  Or do they keep him on the roster and have him inactive each week?  

Who cares about optics 

Edited by YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

That’s right. He will play if Allen gets hurt. They don’t want Nate as the only other option. He can also help in the film room.

17 minutes ago, FrankReichComeback#14 said:

It's been done before. Iirc, Gailey binned Edwards after two games, when it became obvious he no longer had it in real games.

12 minutes ago, The_Dude said:

Good. Hopefully that’s the end of Peterman. 

He cant sit with us anymore!

They should let him go.  We will soon find out.  Right now he brings nothing to the table.

No other team is going to ick him up.  He will be available if ever needed, which is unlikely.

11 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

DA is great veteran pick up.

I would guess he’s gotten some guarantees that he’s not going to play too much

Anderson knows more about playing QB in the NFL than all the other people in OBD combined.

It's a great pickup. 

During his Carolina stint he has a 66% completion record and a 90 QB Rating.

He's not super skilled but he knows how to play.

Despite some of the comments, he will help Josh Allen a lot.

1 hour ago, Estro said:

Bye bye Nate?  

Or is this possibly a move to get Allen back to the bench if they feel hes in over his head?

This team is more of a mess than I thought if it's the latter.

It's going to take a little bit of time for Anderson to know the playbook. At least two weeks to familiarize himself with enough of it. So Peterman is likely safe for the short term. But I don't see this as a move to push Allen to the bench. There is nothing to gain by having Andreson play. I see this more as a move to improve the backup situation if Allen gets hurt and to give Allen a veteran voice to lean on.