Derek Anderson to sign with Bills per Mort

4 minutes ago, Buddy Hix said:

I’m sure it’s just part of the process....

Nah, jk, this team is being run by incompetent s.

100 percent right! I really remained silent, trying to let the “process” play out. Everything they are doing is a complete joke. I really didnt like the Daboll hire- it is looking more and more like he will be another OC dud in a long list of them.

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If Allen goes to the Bench for any reason other than Injury. This Team just has NO IDEA what they are doing reference QB

agreed. there is just no way you take allen out now. if there are regrets about keeping him in there in this "trial by fire", then perhaps they should have had the foresight to sign a true vet like this early in the offseason. 

Just now, RPbillsfan said:

Perfect review and analysis.  Anderson has the same type of baseline skills, big, mobile and huge inaccurate arm, all at much lower levels of talent then Josh Allen.  This is a very smart move.

Sorry for Nate, seems like a nice guy, but not an NFL caliber player.

If he could translate what he does in practice/pre-season to the actual games, Nate would be decent.  Unfortunately whether its a case of nerves, the "Yips", him freaking out or whatever happens, he literally forgets everything he does in places where the outcomes don't matter.

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Talking about Anderson. Palmer isnt ever going to coach makes good $$$ doing what he is doing without the grind 

Yeah but they are probably going to use him Incase of an injury instead of peterman and him as a player will allow Allen to be shown how a vet prepares before a game and how he gets ready 

IF and obviously a big IF, they handle it right Anderson getting some pt isn’t the worst thing in the world. The way Allen is getting knocked around isn’t healthy mentally or physically. Everyone talks about game speed as opposed to practice reps. Watching a vet in a game could help in his development. Low risk/high reward. Josh should know he is the future and Anderson poses no threat to that. 

I hope this means the end of Peterman in Buffalo. Why keep a guy who doesn't show up on game day? I don't believe for a second that Anderson is being brought in to play. He's being brought in for veteran leadership and comprehension of the playbook to pass it on to a young QB struggling with his ability to diagnose plays and read the field. 

At least that's my take until OBD does the next stupid thing....

3 minutes ago, Rebel101 said:

Yeah but they are probably going to use him Incase of an injury instead of peterman and him as a player will allow Allen to be shown how a vet prepares before a game and how he gets ready 

So glad Culley is sucking a paycheck then

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....and why would he want that?...I bet he does just fine financially as a free lance teacher on his own schedule.................

Talking Anderson

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

Well done.  A little late, but late is better than never.  

...vet minimum is $1.015 mil and no longer guaranteed after game 1...so he gets paid per game or $63,437 each which is a pretty good insurance policy with Peterman sitting by the bull pen phone before this.........