Week 2 Game Day thread Bills vs. Chargers - First Half

5 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

It looked like Dawkins chose the wrong guy to block as Ducasse was blocking air. O lines fault. 

The announcer is full of crap as Allen had no time to make any throw

That's just patently false.

But if you want to tell yourself that, go ahead.

10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

If I am the Pegula's............. I'm fuming.

Outscored 75-6 in the first 6 quarters and not even looking that competitive.

Guys they have given up 10 TD's in 6 quarters. 

Let that sink in.

I agree. The Pegulas must be really upset.  I always had the theory that Whaley threw Rex under the bus and the Pegulas mistakenly listened to him.

12 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Crazy talk here but I wonder if Rex had a "process".  I mean he put some pretty competitive teams out there.  Maybe he really just needed another year to get the secondary together.  At least I could see his teams turning a corner.  No way in hell this dumpster fire we have out there on the field is doing anything this year or next I would imagine.  To many holes and I don't believe in the coaching at all.

Rex should have been given more time.  He also should not have been thrown under the bus at the beginning of his only second season and then during that season.

The historic franchise losses under McCoach are embarrassing the Bills, and I cannot imagine that the Pegulas are happy with these pathetic performances.  

To make matters worse, McBeane have made it very difficult for the young QB whom we drafted and in whom we have invested so much.  How can we even evaluate the poor kid's performance given what we have seen?!?

Just now, Bangarang said:

Allen looks really unimpressive thus far.

I thought Woods would come up with that Holmes non-catch. Also if Zay had any Randall Cobb in him and could catch the ball first time around and look for the end zone.. that's another TD. He doesn't look good. But he's making a handful of "I can live with that throws" coupled by missed 5 yard passes.

Beuerein is really taking it Allen with all of shoulda coulda woulda BS.  Easy to see the perfect play from the announcers booth.  Allen is a ROOKIE, Steve, and he's learning on the fly behind an abysmal Oline.  Sheesh.  8 of 14 with no picks and 125ish yards is not as awful Steve B is calling it.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Allen looks really unimpressive thus far.

Did you expect something different?  Rookie making his first start, no offensive line, no weapons, and a defense that can't stop a nosebleed.  Not sure what you would expect going into the game.  There is going to be a ton of these this season.  I'm honestly not sure when, or if, we will win a game.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Which aspect of his talent are you seeing?

He has huge accuracy issues and has left throws/yardage all over the field so far today.

I havent seen the accuracy issues minus a throw or two where he needs more touch.

I guess the fact he seems calm behind a terrible line is what I see. He is not dropping back and firing poor passes into the dirt. He is taking sacks rather than forcing something( probably should throw the ball away though)

Also maybe when you get compared to peterman you look like you have talent lol

I mean in all honesty, and some really rose colored glasses, if the defense didn't completely suck this might be a ball game.  If they actually stopped the Chargers and gave Allen the ball a few more times this might be a 14 - 9 game or something manageable.  Something that doesn't make you fell ill.  The offense so far I can live with the growing pains.  The defense is unforgivable though.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ChicagoRic said:

Beuerein is really taking it Allen with all of shoulda coulda woulda BS.  Easy to see the perfect play from the announcers booth.  Allen is a ROOKIE, Steve, and he's learning on the fly behind an abysmal Oline.  Sheesh.  8 of 14 with no picks and 125ish yards is not as awful Steve B is calling it.

I don't know. I think he has made it a point to emphasize that Josh is young and will learn with experience.

Of course, McBeane have not made it easy on Josh at all.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Cheektowaga Chad said:

I havent seen the accuracy issues minus a throw or two where he needs more touch.

I guess the fact he seems calm behind a terrible line is what I see. He is not dropping back and firing poor passes into the dirt. He is taking sacks rather than forcing something( probably should throw the ball away though)

Also maybe when you get compared to peterman you look like you have talent lol

Jesus maybe that's the plan. We're so sick of Peterman any subpar quarterback play will be appreciated for the next 2 years. Genius Beane. Pure genius.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, sven233 said:

Did you expect something different?  Rookie making his first start, no offensive line, no weapons, and a defense that can't stop a nosebleed.  Not sure what you would expect going into the game.  There is going to be a ton of these this season.  I'm honestly not sure when, or if, we will win a game.

at least it's not a drenching downpour......

2 minutes ago, Peter said:

I agree. The Pegulas must be really upset.  I always had the theory that Whaley threw Rex under the bus and the Pegulas mistakenly listened to him.

Rex should have been given more time.  He also should not have been thrown under the bus at the beginning of his only second season and then during that season.

The historic franchise losses under McCoach are embarrassing the Bills, and I cannot imagine that the Pegulas are happy with these pathetic performances.  

To make matters worse, McBeane have made it very difficult for the young QB whom we drafted and in whom we have invested so much.  How can we even evaluate the poor kid's performance given what we have seen?!?

The problem was, and i know his sounds ridiculous, but the problem was we made the playoffs last year. Had we not, can anyone honestly say RIGHT NOW that mcd should be given a 3rd year? We were blown out a bunch of times last year too, and its way worse now

6 minutes ago, DC Tom said:

Why the hell would he trust his guys?  Have you seen these jackasses play?  

That's probably his biggest problem right now...his reads include seeing which receiver is choosing to run his routes that play, and which linemen are bothering to block.  This is why you don't put rookies in train-wreck offices - you teach them bad habits.

Very true

8 minutes ago, Fred Clause said:

No he was about to be tackled, the guy let up and pursued Allan when he didn’t give McCoy the ball, the play was blocked poorly and was no win...

Disagree. Also, a big part of our "poor blocking" is the lack of rush recognition by the QB. Josh has no idea where it's coming from, and so our protections are all wrong. 

The fact he's made questionable decisions on all the other read options, including two this game, would seem to suggest it's a problem, which was my point. 

Edited by VW82

15 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

They are below West Seneca Cubs little loop right now. Edmonds just got toasted by Ronnie Blatowski, 4' 8" 98 lb RB.  Granted the kid has wheels.

not Edmunds’ fault.  Just absolutely nothing he could have done on that play.

I was going to let stand a post that this team could rally around JA, show us some pride and pull off an epic upset, but that would be too much nonsense to keep in print, so instead I’ll say I just want to see some semblance of self respect in the 2nd half from these guys, or is that too much to ask too?

1 minute ago, ChicagoRic said:

Disagree.  He's calling it exactly as a veteran QB would.   Which is why the Bills lack of a vet backup to mentor Allen is such an egregious mistake on McBeane's part...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Chemical said:

I think he was insinuating that any of them are better than any of the Bills receivers. Don't know why you think he was being self absorbed.

You've got to take a look at his post history.

He's LITERALLY God's gift to football understanding.

4 minutes ago, Peter said:

I disagree. While I'm sure they're upset that the bills look to be horrible this year, I think they know 100% that this year was gonna be rough 

• Like (+1) 1