Josh Gordon to be released-now traded to PATS

Kirby Jackson

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I'm not sure if he is a FA or not, but vested veteran has to play four accrued seasons I think. Gordon has played two. Two other years he played in five games but that doesn't qualify I don't believe.

That was the whole RFA issue the browns won, unless it’s a different calculation here... you should be correct by best I understand 

21 minutes ago, One Buffalo said:

This sounds like BS. Does Schefter have a relationship with his agent or something? If he was high and the Browns don't want him after all they've invested in giving him one last shot, how could other teams possibly justify the risk of giving up draft picks? What kind of message would that send to their locker room?

Edited by vincec

1 minute ago, vincec said:

This sounds like BS. Does Schefter have a relationship with his agent or something? If he was high and the Browns don't want him after all they've invested in giving him one last shot, how could other teams possibly justify the risk? What kind of message would that send to their locker room?

We traded for Coleman which was higher risk and lower reward 

Just now, NoSaint said:

We traded for Coleman which was higher risk and lower reward 

I guess, if you count a 2020 7th round pick. And how that turned out won't encourage other teams. But you're right, maybe Cleveland can get something similar. Like a case of beer.

Just now, Doc said:

On the NFL website it says he is in his 3rd season.  They should know.

He played two full. Two of five games. One of one game. And one completely missed for suspension.

But Schefter labeled him a vested vet, and he is usually right about these kinds of things. 

It's strange for sure. Leave it to the NFL to have some bizarro rules.

Sign him up!  Why not? 

Cut any of our WRs to make room for him and see what happens.

The change of scenery could be good for him!

:w00t:

Just now, Binghamton Beast said:

A higher risk than Josh Gordon?

Have you lived under a rock for the past 5 years?

What risk would you have with this guy?

You sign him assuming you'll get absolutely nothing out of him, and if you get a little bit more, you've done well.

1 hour ago, WMDman said:

Incoming “get it done beane” comments

Get er dun!    Don’t nobody care about to Marijuana.  

Just need Tyrod to get benched for Baker so I can get some of that good Antonio Callaway fantasy goodness 

Edited by Teddy KGB

3 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

at risk would you have with this guy?

You sign him assuming you'll get absolutely nothing out of him, and if you get a little bit more, you've done well.

And the best part of it is? He has literally NO character! Right?

:lol:

Just now, joesixpack said:

Why?

We're in desperate need of a hail mary at WR and I don't just mean this year.  We have a ton of cap space coming the next two years but you almost always over pay for less than great WR's.  The really good ones never become available.  I find drafting WR's nearly as hard as identifying QB's.  We need 2-3 WR's and a ton of other needs we need draft picks for.  I've said it multiple times I think it's going to be by far the hardest position for us to fix.  

I'll take the risk because he's so talented he could change the offense in a more significant way than any draft pick or free agency dollar can.  

Just now, White Linen said:

I'll take the risk because he's so talented he could change the offense in a more significant way than any draft pick or free agency dollar can.  

You're basing this assessment on the 5 games he played what, three years ago?

Hail Mary indeed.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, joesixpack said:

Hail Mary indeed.

He did catch a game tying TD pass last week late in the fourth quarter after not playing at all in training camp or preseason, from a guy you think cannot throw a pass, so there is that.

4 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Hail Mary indeed.

The catch he made last week in the endzone is all I needed to see to know he still has it.  There's good receivers then there's gifted ones.  He's gifted.  

Edited by White Linen

1 minute ago, White Linen said:

The catch he made last week in the endzone is all I needed to see to know he still has it.  There's good receivers then there's gifted ones.  He's gifted.  

And also a completely unreliable addict.

But hey. Whatever.