MNF: jets vs lions

Steptide

Just now, major said:

They never work out because Ernie Adams and Bill B have a system of cheating there. Don’t believe me- look at what Daniels pulled while coach of Denver 

Ernie Adams is a leading suspect in the Russion novichok poisoning case

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

The jealousy in this thread is strong. But why? We have our own young QB to rally around. Are we that insecure that we have to disparage a fine debut performance by another rookie QB? 

Are we arguing that it's not a "fine" debut performance? If that's the case, people don't know as much as they think they do. 

I think most people are just funnin. It's a solid performance for sure. Jet fans should be thrilled. Personally, I thought that Darnold would be very good if he wasn't a turnover machine, which was an issue. He looks like he tightened up his throwing motion. He really gets it out fast and doesn't seem to drop it as low as he did in college a lot. I feared (or hoped) that his hitch would cause some easy strips by defenders behind him in the rush but he looks to have cleaned it up a bit. He fumbled a lot in college. 

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Because Josh has totally shown a reason for that fear since coming to the NFL....right?

I’m just sayin...Darnold is two years younger and already looks like a seasoned vet....just goes to show you don’t always have to have good mechanics to be good...some guys just have “it”

Edited by JaCrispy

Just now, JaCrispy said:

No disparaging from me...I think Darnold looks awesome, and I fear Allen might not be as good.

Well, Allen may very well not be as good, especially early on. He's a far less experienced QB, after all, and has a lesser supporting cast to boot. That's a very real possibility but certainly not something to fear. I like Allen's trajectory none the less. He's smart and level headed; two of the most desirable traits a QB needs, imo. 

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

No they're not. They're horrible on all three units, too. Can't run or throw, can't stop the run or pass. 

Agreed. Actually worse than the Bills because, although more talented, I can't say that the Bills "gave up" yesterday. They were terrible but they were trying. The Lions aren't even trying.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The jealousy in this thread is strong. But why? We have our own young QB to rally around. Are we that insecure that we have to disparage a fine debut performance by another rookie QB? 

Are we arguing that it's not a "fine" debut performance? If that's the case, people don't know as much as they think they do. 

It’s fine to be sure, but the reason for resentment is that the rest of the Bills roster is so far from even a team like the Jets that it will be hard to judge. Darnold may be better than Allen when all is said and done, but do you not think Darnold would likely look terrible if he were playing with the Bills offense? Not Nate Peterman bad, but he’d be struggling. That’s the worst part of this. I’m more impressed with the rest of the Jets than I am with Darnold. The Bills are a joke in every area compared to them. 

1 minute ago, JaCrispy said:

I’m just sayin...Darnold is two years younger and already looks like a seasoned vet.

QBs mature at different rates.  

What we really need to be asking ourselves is "Do WE have a franchise QB"

because maybe Darnold IS a franchise QB.....but that does not really matter now does it...it matters whether or not JOSH ALLEN is a legit starter for our team.....because that is what has held OUR team down...you know?

We need to solve our QB situation....then refill the coffers of playmakers around him.

Just now, Wayne Arnold said:

Darnold began the season only one year younger than Allen but now he's two years younger. He ages backwards!!!! Tom Brady eat your heart out.

had to get bradys name out there. And darnold will blow allen out the water. Allen is a bust, complete trash