TSW Has Turned Into Comedy Gold

BuffaloRush

Since the loss on Sunday, the amount of unintentional comedy in this forum is off the charts.  The emotional romanticism is off the chain.  There’s a lot of debate and infighting among members.  There’s also some really ridiculous comments and takes, which were proposed with 100% sincerity.  Four days ago people were comparing Nathan Peterman to Drew Brees, now they want to see him released. 

This forum is pandemonium.....this forum is fandemonium.  This forum is....fantastic.   

Thanks to all all the member and mods who are making this a fun place to debate, commiserate, and talk Bills football!

• Like (+1) 5
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, fridge said:

Not sure if you're new or not... but this is actually pretty similar to how TBD is after a 1 point loss as well.

I’ve been around for 1 year but it kind of seems a little extreme after Sunday’s loss....this kind of reaction reminds me of the old Bills Bulletin Board.  The only difference is the board didn’t crash on game day and the mods here are pretty cool and won’t give you infractions for saying how bad the team sucked!  

17 minutes ago, fridge said:

Not sure if you're new or not... but this is actually pretty similar to how TBD is after a 1 point loss as well.

I don't know, it's been a pretty epic tantrum. There's some pretty hilariously titled threads that were locked (for obvious reasons). I'd give this freak-out an 8.5 /10.

• Like (+1) 2

20 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

It will die down by around sayyyyy thursday

And if they start Josh Allen, I reckon I'll start taking myself into an upset based on the effects of cross country travel on away teams flying west to east.    

33 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Since the loss on Sunday, the amount of unintentional comedy in this forum is off the charts.  The emotional romanticism is off the chain.  There’s a lot of debate and infighting among members.  There’s also some really ridiculous comments and takes, which were proposed with 100% sincerity.  Four days ago people were comparing Nathan Peterman to Drew Brees, now they want to see him released. 

This forum is pandemonium.....this forum is fandemonium.  This forum is....fantastic.   

Thanks to all all the member and mods who are making this a fun place to debate, commiserate, and talk Bills football!

Comparing him to Brees was comedy gold. Saying he should be released is just a reaction to reality. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

54 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

The most ridiculous take on here has been your love affair with Jerry Sullivan. 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, fridge said:

I would further add it was the same even after a Tyrod led win too the last 3 years.  In other words, its always like this, win or lose. 

1 minute ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Please define “emotional romanticism” - that’s the second time I’ve seen that phrase used here lately.

LOL ok it .  But I am going to coin a new term:  Emotional Bills Fan Romanticism.   It comes from the term romanticize.

romanticize: to deal with or describe in an idealized or unrealistic fashion; make (something) seem better or more appealing than it really is.

Emotional Bills Fan Romanticism is what happens here quite a bit.  When people will start lamenting about former Bills players or coaches the second things go bad for the team or the second a former player has even the smallest amount of success.  It's characterized by an unhealthy obsessing with remembering those former Bills players as much better than they were in actuality.  

I compared to this - a 50 year old man living in a one bedroom studio apartment in Lackawanna thinking back to his red-headed high school sweetheart name Lucy who he broke up with to play the field (But it's not me).  The second things start going back he goes back to this romanticized version of Lucy where things were much better in his imagination than they were in back when the two dates.  

After yesterday's loss, the Emotional Bills Fans Romanticism reached it's peak.    Someone actually lamented getting rid of Seantrel Henderson and Cyrus Koundjio.  I am not kidding.  You know what's next right "Oh why did we get rid of Adolphus Washington.  We never should have let him go."  I'm 100% serious you know.

Anyway the list of players who Bills fans romanticized here over the past 24 hours includes:

- Sammy Watkins

- Robert Woods

- Ryan Fitzpatrick

- Marcel Dareus

- Chris Hogan

- Marquis Goodwin

- Seantrell Henderson (I kid you not)

- Cyrus Koundjio (I kid you not)

- Preston Brown

- Stephon Gilmore

- Ron Darby

- Nick O'Leary (Not making this one up)

- Kaelin Clay

And this is just from my memory.  Bills fans, leave the (fabricated) memories alone!

1 hour ago, Lfod said:

The Bills were comedy gold for the Ravens. All the drive killing penalties. The Ravens didn't have to beat the Bills because they beat themselves real good.

They should have saved that for the showers afterwards ;)

2 hours ago, BuffaloRush said:

I disagree with these points.

• Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

LOL ok it .  But I am going to coin a new term:  Emotional Bills Fan Romanticism.   It comes from the term romanticize.

romanticize: to deal with or describe in an idealized or unrealistic fashion; make (something) seem better or more appealing than it really is.

Emotional Bills Fan Romanticism is what happens here quite a bit.  When people will start lamenting about former Bills players or coaches the second things go bad for the team or the second a former player has even the smallest amount of success.  It's characterized by an unhealthy obsessing with remembering those former Bills players as much better than they were in actuality.  

I compared to this - a 50 year old man living in a one bedroom studio apartment in Lackawanna thinking back to his red-headed high school sweetheart name Lucy who he broke up with to play the field (But it's not me).  The second things start going back he goes back to this romanticized version of Lucy where things were much better in his imagination than they were in back when the two dates.  

After yesterday's loss, the Emotional Bills Fans Romanticism reached it's peak.    Someone actually lamented getting rid of Seantrel Henderson and Cyrus Koundjio.  I am not kidding.  You know what's next right "Oh why did we get rid of Adolphus Washington.  We never should have let him go."  I'm 100% serious you know.

Anyway the list of players who Bills fans romanticized here over the past 24 hours includes:

- Sammy Watkins

- Robert Woods

- Ryan Fitzpatrick

- Marcel Dareus

- Chris Hogan

- Marquis Goodwin

- Seantrell Henderson (I kid you not)

- Cyrus Koundjio (I kid you not)

- Preston Brown

- Stephon Gilmore

- Ron Darby

- Nick O'Leary (Not making this one up)

- Kaelin Clay

And this is just from my memory.  Bills fans, leave the (fabricated) memories alone!

well, emotional or not, did we not win some games with those guys????

I'll take these lopsided victories with a grain of salt.  In our case, Baltimore isn't as good as the score made them seem, and Buffalo isn't as bad as it seems.  Baltimore is still a middle of the pack team who will come back down to earth (maybe as soon as Thursday night against the Bengals) and the Bills probably are not too far behind Balt.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

I'll take these lopsided victories with a grain of salt.  In our case, Baltimore isn't as good as the score made them seem, and Buffalo isn't as bad as it seems.  Baltimore is still a middle of the pack team who will come back down to earth (maybe as soon as Thursday night against the Bengals) and the Bills probably are not too far behind Balt.

Rational thinking right here....I totally agree

23 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

LOL ok it .  But I am going to coin a new term:  Emotional Bills Fan Romanticism.   It comes from the term romanticize

Well, I appreciate your efforts but I prefer tried & true term for the Bills & us fans------SNAFU

• Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

Google the word "emotional" and then "romanticize"  then think about all the pining for past Bills talent.  A light bulb should go off

If you google “emotional romanticism” in quotes, you’ll find that it’s actually a term used to describe aspects of the 18th century Romantic movement in philosophy and art and later applied to political movements developed from the philosophy

What you’re describing here seems more akin to what might usually be termed nostalgia or perhaps idealized nostalgia, which is why I was vaguely curious about your use of the “emotional romanticism” term.  

Kinda sounds like you thought it sounded cool, and were unfamiliar with the academic usage, which is NP of course

5 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

We’ll see on Baltimore.   They aren’t as good as we made them seem, I’m sure, but they were a team on the rise last year and may have taken another step or two on offense.

I hope you’re right on our Bills

1 hour ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

If you google “emotional romanticism” in quotes, you’ll find that it’s actually a term used to describe aspects of the 18th century Romantic movement in philosophy and art and later applied to political movements developed from the philosophy

What you’re describing here seems more akin to what might usually be termed nostalgia or perhaps idealized nostalgia, which is why I was vaguely curious about your use of the “emotional romanticism” term.  

Kinda sounds like you thought it sounded cool, and were unfamiliar with the academic usage, which is NP of course

We’ll see on Baltimore.   They aren’t as good as we made them seem, I’m sure, but they were a team on the rise last year and may have taken another step or two on offense.

I hope you’re right on our Bills

I just thought it sounded better than drama queens