Don't cut Reilly

beacon

1 minute ago, mrags said:

You are incredibly high of you think a guy that’s literally never got more than 45 catches, 700 yards in a season, and 5 TDs is somehow going to turn into a #1 fantasy WR. 

Just curious, does your league need any new players? I’d like to get in there. 

ever hear of a breakout player?  And yeah I am high. But more buzzed.  Me and a friend just enjoyed a nice bottle of port.  And 2 spots open-$100 due tomorrow.  12 team league

6 minutes ago, Pete said:

ever hear of a breakout player?  And yeah I am high. But more buzzed.  Me and a friend just enjoyed a nice bottle of port.  And 2 spots open-$100 due tomorrow.  12 team league

7 years in the league. 30 years old. If he hasn’t broken out yet, it ain’t gonna happen. 

Based on the suspensions, and injuries like you acknowledged, he might have his best season ever. But if he gets over 1,000 yards and 8 TDs, I’ll be extremely shocked. 

Sorry, tomorrow is a no go since I’m working 

28 minutes ago, Pete said:

Edelman is suspended.  Amendola is out.  Cooks is traded.  Decker sucks retired. Gronk can't catch everything.  And Hogan has a knack for getting open.  Someone needs to get some receptions from Brady.  Hogan is great value.  And yes he will be my # 3, but I suspect #2 or 1 #s upside

FTFY 

1 minute ago, ALF said:

I wish they would raise the roster limit from 53. I like Reilly , Logan Thomas and Nick O'Leary . Better rotation so don't have to play dinged up players.

Look for this to happen if they ever increase the schedule to 18 regular season games. 

On 8/30/2018 at 12:56 PM, Art in RTP said:

Ive watched him at Clemson and I just don't see it. Granted had some good catches at Camp but other than practice squad to make sure he's ready I'd go with Reilly over him all day long.

you should have watched pre-season games, Ray Ray has been a steady contributor in games. Can't speak for his job at practices, though.

I see as locks

Benjamin

Holmes 

Jones

Kerley

then is up for grabs, a week a go I would have guessed Streater was a lock, but now I don't know. The key here is how they feel about Coleman. They traded for him because they really liked him or because it made sense at the time and would not hesitate to cut him if they see no progress from him? I fear he didn't have time to impress the team or the fans

If they are not sure about Coleman, I can see them adding Reilly and McCloud to the 53 man roster.  With Foster and Phillips to the PS. 

Coleman is the wild card here.  Bills have to decide if he has made suitable progress in learning the play book in the last three weeks to warrant a spot.  Hasn't done anything of note in the preseason games but it must be difficult to be trying to learn the Dabols' offense and at the same time running vanilla offense for preseason games.  All depends on how he is progressing in the practices no longer open to the public.  Bills do need a speed guy and might keep him til the waiver wire gives them a better prospect.  I have not seen any separation when he is out there but that might be a scheme thing in preseason.  They sure weren't shy about giving Foster opportunities though and he has shown the ability to get open.  

Reilly is a possession receiver, an art that is lost in today's game, like bunting in baseball.  Everyone looks for the YAC, the speed.  Route running and hands?  Soooo 20th century.  Hogan was the same way until they found a way to get him on the field, and then all of a sudden, hey, this guy can make us some 1st downs!  I hope Reilly gets on the PS, but some smart GM may just pluck him off waivers.

16 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Apparently he was told they arent going to PS him either

Another Bill's fan PS/TC Legend cast aside. Cue the "I'm done with this Front Office/He will be a HOFer on the Pat's!" Posts to follow

Gotta hope that Proehl made it!

I liked Hogan and I thought Reilly played a very similar game. He has the skills of getting open and catching the ball. I guess that is undervalued. The rib injury hurt him in more ways than one. I'd just much rather have a Reilly type than a speedy type who can't catch the ball.

51 minutes ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

This WR Corp is straight garbage. So is the Oline....

McD loves Holmes and Streater for some reason. Older players who have zero future on this team. 

Streater was easily the best WR in camp and preseason this year and last year, even better than alligator arm KB during the games who dropped multiple passes.  Don’t get the Streater hate

Not having seen the practices, how do you judge the WR group? A receiver could be constantly getting open but not seen or thrown to by the QB. I think we have to just trust the coaches to make wise choices based on results and potential.

I'd say one WR I was not impressed by was Foster. He looks like he lacks the natural ability to track the long balls so his speed is a waste. Of course this is just based on the preseason games I watched.

Edited by rpmfla