Right now, who is the Bills best Qb?

Who is the Bills best QB right now.?  

186 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Bills best QB right now.?

• Allen
    • McCarron
    • Peterman

8 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Peterman's quick release will get you 20 picks by the end of the season.  He's the best passer at throwing on time and at a WR but he's going to throw it whether he should or not.  McCarron will most likely be the most similiar to Taylor which believe it or not is everyones best chance of winning (at the moment) and Allen seems to have a  lot of talent but the question is still there about being up to NFL speed and do they want to throw him out there.  Peterman is simply all or nothing and he may have a few flashes but he's no  Vinny Testaverde ............. or is he :)?

I’m not calling him Brady but What makes Brady, Brady is his ability to know the mismatch presnap and get the ball there quickly with accuracy.

Daboll has some experience with that offense and Peterman has shown the ability to know where to go, accurately with the ball.

20 picks? Nope.

3 minutes ago, Misterbluesky said:

Aug,I love you brother,but let's not even try to compare Peterman to Brady.

Yeah, I’m just sayin’ you don’t need to be a slinger throwing 70 yard Mahomes passes. Peterman usually looks good with his timing and knowledge, but then you see throws that make you wonder if I butt punched a slo-mo button on the remote. 

And I’d NEVER compare those 2 QB’s, just talking style. 

29 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I’m not calling him Brady but What makes Brady, Brady is his ability to know the mismatch presnap and get the ball there quickly with accuracy.

Daboll has some experience with that offense and Peterman has shown the ability to know where to go, accurately with the ball.

20 picks? Nope.

Peterman looked clutch. 7 for 7 and a TD. I believe he can do that in an NFL game. The next drive was spot on. I do put that interception on Peterman. The guy shouldn't have tipped it up but it looked off the mark and you want your players attempting to make plays. 

I think it's just who Nathan Peterman is. Just by the book QB. He reads the situation and reacts and will be risky sometimes when our guy is off his mark. 

I'm sure Nathan Peterman would love more time for plays to develop. I seen an O-Line guy get pancaked on Petermans first pass in preseason. 

Edited by Lfod
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lfod said:

Peterman looked clutch. 7 for 7 and a TD. I believe he can do that in an NFL game. The next drive was spot on. I do put that interception on Peterman. The guy shouldn't have tipped it up but it looked off the mark and you want your players attempting to make plays. 

I think it's just who Nathan Peterman is. Just by the book QB. He reads the situation and reacts and will be risky sometimes when our guy is off his mark. 

9 of 9 but who’s counting 

• Haha (+1) 1

I still think it’s Allen because he can do the most. I’ve said it multiple times (and may be wrong) but when the bullets start flying I don’t see Peterman succeeding. The opposing team will get pressure (easily), jam the receivers and run under every route. They are so incredibly easy to defense. The only way to succeed is to escape the rush and make some plays over the top. That’s the only way you are going to keep teams from playing 11 guys up. To me, Allen is clearly the guy to do that. He also may be able to zing some of those outs and slants by the guys jumping routes. Those can also become big plays. Teams have to defense him differently.

• Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

On the field it's been Peterman but his got a lower ceiling than Allen. I'd consider Nate a 7, McCarron a 6 and Allen a 5 if ranking 1-10, with 10 being Brady/Rogers/Brees type. 

Ummmmm...this scale is very flawed.  A 7 would be a solid or better starter on your scale.  Peterman is no where close to a 7 until he shows it on the field.  You don’t become a 7 on a scale of 1-10 when the GOAT is a 10 because you have a high comp % against backups and scrubs in preseason who aren’t even game planning to beat you really.

Peterman hasn’t earned that grade yet.  Not to mention, he lacks the natural ability to effectively use like 20 to 30% of the field.  So can’t give it to him based on perceived physical gifts either.

None of our QBs are higher than say a 5.5 right now, because all are unproven or raw.  To be a 7, that’s an established quality starter on a scale of 1-10.  

10 - Brady, Rogers, Brees, Wilson

9 - Breea, Wilson, Stafford, etc

8 - Big Ben, Cousins, Ryan, etc

7 - Flacco, Smith, Eli, etc

6 - Keenum, Tannehill, Taylor, etc 

Edited by Alphadawg7

Peterman has my vote for now. The plan was always to let Allen progress at his own speed. 

I was willing to have Allen go game one if he clearly won the qb battle. 

Imo Peterman won. That’s not a knock on Allen I just think he could benefit from a little more time working/learning. 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

20 picks? Nope.

Very rarely does Brady make a big throw that requires a lot of arm.  And in the last couple of years, when he does, the ball is often under thrown or weakly thrown.

Most throws in this league are not long and they don't need to be.  

Nate's style of quick releasing accurate throws for a gain of 6 yards reminds me a ton of Brady.

If he can consistently do that in real games, we're in business.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Commonsense said:

We can revisit this in the near future. Peterman is atrocious, he couldn’t throw a rock through a window. 

Allen can throw it thru a brick wall but what good is it with the garbage O-line they are going to field?  

Mr. Pick 6??

are you saying he has the opportunity to start? Hahaha. Come on man!!

Truth is,

there is no !@#$ing way Peterman sees the field. No !@#$ing way. 

Smh @ Mr. pick 6. Worse QB in Bills history. 

20 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

This is just dumb, Peterman is a pre season warrior, he looked great last preseason and training camp aa well, then fell apart during real games.

Why not give him the opportunity? What do we really have to lose? You see us going to the super bowl? 

Allen will get his shot. Why rush it? 

Edited by Bobby Hooks
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

This is just dumb, Peterman is a pre season warrior, he looked great last preseason and training camp aa well, then fell apart during real games.

At this point, Allen is just a workout warrior until he shows he can actually play on the field against quality competition with defenders trying to hit him. 

Edited by jrober38

8 minutes ago, fridge said:

No, I believe the question is, "who is the best RIGHT NOW?".  Any idiot knows that "TBD" how their careers shake up, but that's not the question.

I don't base anything like that on preseason football as it would be idiotic.  The better question is why a guy who calls himself fridge has no idea how to chill. 

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

3 hours ago, Commonsense said:

You’re putting stock in preseason stats. Then when he runs face first into a brick wall you can act surprised.

He doesn’t have enough arm talent to do anything besides mop up duty. 

What does it say for Allen that he can't even do that? Is he going to all of a sudden light it up when games matter? This isn't Aaron Rodgers were talking about here. He's a rookie trying to prove he should be better than third string.

Face the facts : Allen's preseason stats are near exact to his college average. He's no better now than he was then. We all hope that changes, but it sure as hell hasn't yet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I don't base anything like that on preseason football as it would be idiotic.  The better question is why a guy who calls himself fridge has no idea how to chill. 

Well he's not plugged in.

12 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

What does it say for Allen that he can't even do that? Is he going to all of a sudden light it up when games matter? This isn't Aaron Rodgers were talking about here. He's a rookie trying to prove he should be better than third string.

Face the facts : Allen's preseason stats are near exact to his college average. He's no better now than he was then. We all hope that changes, but it sure as hell hasn't yet.

Yeah because no one has been talking about how he's improved from various weak point in his college film.

• Haha (+1) 1

Allen. Both his ceiling and floor are higher than AJM 's or Peterman's, all he's lacking is experience. Might as well get him as much as he can this year rather than keep him in bubble wrap. Physically, he's also the best suited to survive behind an leaky OL. 

Start the kid and don't look back. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Meh... I’d prefer to let Peterman show what he’s got. 

Allen can use some time learning the pro game. That’s not a bad thing. 

So you're saying Peterman knows the pro game? that's ludicrous. 

He's a backup at best.And plays somewhat decent against future Costco stock boys

Watch him chit the bed when the Chargers roll into town. And they will bring heat. 

Or any team in the regular season for that matter. 

Peterman has shown what he's got. Nothing but a pre season scrimmage player.  

Edit: Just rewatched the "every throw by Allen" video. Based on his play regardless of the OL and WR help he had and kept getting up and staying poise. I voted Allen

4 hours ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Allen. Both his ceiling and floor are higher than AJM 's or Peterman's, all he's lacking is experience. Might as well get him as much as he can this year rather than keep him in bubble wrap. Physically, he's also the best suited to survive behind an leaky OL. 

Start the kid and don't look back. 

This^ THe Every Throw video showed him getting slammed hard on multiple occasions. He is a tough hombre. I believe this game was the experience he needed to get to work and grow from it. As long as they don't pick AJM I'm fine with the choice but I would go with Josh. Put him in the fire and let him grow!

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, COTC said:

Mr. Pick 6??

are you saying he has the opportunity to start? Hahaha. Come on man!!

Truth is,

there is no !@#$ing way Peterman sees the field. No !@#$ing way. 

Smh @ Mr. pick 6. Worse QB in Bills history. 

So many dumb things here.  You first ignore the actual question asked in the OP.  Who is the best right now?  And based on the preseason it's Peterman.  It will be Allen but not right now.

The truly dumb thing is saying he's the worst ever.  Have you watched the Bills since 1960?    I have.  I'll throw a few names out.  Darraugh. Marangi.  Ferraragamo.  Dufek.  And so on.

• Like (+1) 3

Allen did not have time to wait for receivers to run the routes called. I don't blame Allen for that just glad his shoulder is healed to take that many sacks. 

With Dawkins back and the rest of the OL set ,now let them get in sync , should be ok.

9 hours ago, Lfod said:

I look at Peterman as a future Tom Brady if he works out like a freak. He still needs to hit the gym. 

I see Josh Allen as a human rocket launcher. I love the potential. 

#TeamPeterman. 

Peterman might be able to throw LIKE Brady one day....Allen could throw BRADY now!

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

On the field it's been Peterman but his got a lower ceiling than Allen. I'd consider Nate a 7, McCarron a 6 and Allen a 5 if ranking 1-10, with 10 being Brady/Rogers/Brees type. 

Wow!  Peterman a 7?  I would say he is a 6 with Allen and AJ at a 5 for different reasons of course.  Allen's potential is high but AJ's talent is only a 5.  

Just remember......... The Ravens won a freaking super bowl with Trent Dilfer.  

10 hours ago, Commonsense said:

We can revisit this in the near future. Peterman is atrocious, he couldn’t throw a rock through a window. 

What if the window had San Diego Chargers-themed curtains?

• Haha (+1) 1