Damn! Mass Shooting at Madden Tournament in Jacksonville!

Chandler#81

13 minutes ago, The Dean said:

One more very minor (in the big picture) thing. The telecast of the game is probably in danger for me, due to this shooting. I understand as I worked in local TV for many years. The news coverage of the shooting HAS to  take preference. Guess I'm searching for a stream.

Yes. If you find one, please post the link

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

It was a player that lost. And video of on player with a laser dot on his chest prior to video cutting out and if you likk at his twiter it is flodded with RIP

Thanks, actually couldn't bring myself to listen.  Truly a horrible situation.

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Madden gamer ⁦‪@True__818‬⁩ had laser pointed at his chest before the video cuts off and shots rang out (on the right) , nothing confirmed but friends are flooding his Twitter page with RIP 

pic.twitter.com/3K7AFMykr6

The initial reports are this guy you might remember from buffalo bills twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/buffalobills/status/852916423697588224

who knows if true yet but it’s the unofficial unconfirmed (mentioned by local reporters and innsone tweets from people there)

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Obviously, we don’t know this shooter.  But you do realize that the majority of mass shooters don’t have criminal records, right?

or most of the school shootings are occurring in neighborhoods that aren’t Chicago right?  

You do realize killing people is a crime?

33 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...this whole damn country is out of control......from the once "world's greatest" to nothing more than "uncivilized third world skanks".....NEVER in my wildest dreams.......

If you think the US is bad...... Wow...

43 minutes ago, The Red King said:

Why at a Madden tournament?

Is there ever a place for this? I'm not even sure what your point is. People like this just do these horrible things wherever. Schools, Churches, Theaters, Malls. Wherever a gathering of people exists.

24 minutes ago, The Dean said:

One more very minor (in the big picture) thing. The telecast of the game is probably in danger for me, due to this shooting. I understand as I worked in local TV for many years. The news coverage of the shooting HAS to  take preference. Guess I'm searching for a stream.

Hope you persevere. You must be distraught.

7 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

The initial reports are this guy you might remember from buffalo bills twitter:

https://mobile.twitter.com/buffalobills/status/852916423697588224

who knows if true yet but it’s the unofficial unconfirmed (mentioned by local reporters and innsone tweets from people there)

A guy I'm here watching the game with said his son played with the guy who lost his thumb and indicated the same.

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Is there ever a place for this? I'm not even sure what your point is. People like this just do these horrible things wherever. Schools, Churches, Theaters, Malls. Wherever a gathering of people exists.

I never said there was a good or bad place for it.  Just that a tournament isn't your usual venue for this type of a tragedy, that's all.

6 minutes ago, The Red King said:

I never said there was a good or bad place for it.  Just that a tournament isn't your usual venue for this type of a tragedy, that's all.

Bunch of dudes competing.... one loses his temper....add to it that it’s a bunch of guys with history (I’ve seen tweets of one of the other players, I believe a victim, mocking the alleged shooter on twitter awhile back).... 

never makes sense but makes more more sense than most of these stories if the initial info is accurate 

37 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I counted 12 rounds....that was one of the most horrifying things I have ever heard......I just can't fathom wanting to kill or harm another human being. 

My dad talked to me a lot about his WWII experience and how hard it was to harm another human being -- even though he was in a kill or be killed situation.  

I just can't understand wanting to harm someone who is not threatening you in any way.  Human emotion and intellect is fragile, however, this anger trigger; this mental anguish; this mental illness affliction is something we need to get better at diagnosing and assessing.  We spend so much on cancer research...and it's warranted...I hope our focus begins to treat mental illness in the same vein.

God bless us all. 

We've created a society that is not only desensitized to violence, but revels in it.

But we're really good at making sure no one ever sees a breast on TV.

• Like (+1) 1

I play madden competitively and I 1st hand these young guys lost there live doing what they love to do. They didnt bother anyone but still lost there lives. Trueboy and Spotmeplezz where they gamer tags. Other players got grazed in the head and shot in the hand. 

This gun violence has to stop. 

• Sad 1

Rough day in Jax. They are showing pics of the shooter , a David Katz from Baltimore. He is shown holing a BUFFALO BILLS #17 jersey that says madden champ on the back. Apparently he lost earlier in the two day madden tourney. Didn’t get to see much of Bills debacle today in Jax as all covereage during game was devoted to this story. Sad day and hard image to see the kid holding a Bills jersey up. Local news is that other than 4 who died at scene will live. Just thought I would post because I couldn’t believe the guy was holding the Bills jersey in the photo they are showing of him. Hope this is not foreboding or upcoming season esp after that o line performance. 

• Sad 1

17 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Because he was the 2017 Buffalo Bills team champ that represented the Bills in a tournament against other team champions.

Couldn’t find a different photo of this choad?  Why drag the Bills and their logo into this ? Guy is clearly a loser 

It's another day.45-50 acts of murder happen everyday in America.

4 hours ago, Rc2catch said:

Sick and twisted world we live in for sure. Scary raising children into this amongst other horrid things that happen. 

Just a sad situation all around for anyone affected by this 

Could you imagine living in certain parts of Chicago? 

27 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Couldn’t find a different photo of this choad?  Why drag the Bills and their logo into this ? Guy is clearly a loser 

I guess maybe since it was the only  thing he ever achieved it may have been the only photo quickly available.

you can see the tracing laser on the innocent young man before the shots are fired.

just simply and completely terrible.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

1 hour ago, DrPJax said:

Rough day in Jax. They are showing pics of the shooter , a David Katz from Baltimore. He is shown holing a BUFFALO BILLS #17 jersey that says madden champ on the back. Apparently he lost earlier in the two day madden tourney. Didn’t get to see much of Bills debacle today in Jax as all covereage during game was devoted to this story. Sad day and hard image to see the kid holding a Bills jersey up. Local news is that other than 4 who died at scene will live. Just thought I would post because I couldn’t believe the guy was holding the Bills jersey in the photo they are showing of him. Hope this is not foreboding or upcoming season esp after that o line performance. 

You think some whacko holding a Bills jersey could be a “foreboding” of things to come?

Sack up young man.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Misterbluesky said:

It's another day.45-50 acts of murder happen everyday in America.

Could you imagine living in certain parts of Chicago? 

Just gonna say this.  It really ain't bad.  Just in the gang infested areas.  But, when it does spill over to the Mag Mile and Michigan Avenue, just like in 1930s... Then something will be done.  Gun nuts won't like it... Going back to stricter regs, this time on manufacturing.  Manufacturing, technology, getting many more weapons to market faster is light years ahead of the 1930s...

The saddest part was seeing the red light appear on one of the contestants chest before the first shot was fired. Absolutely insane that you can't even enjoy one of the biggest detachments from reality without being gunned down in todays world

E-sport event security needs to be taken seriously 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1