Bills' 2018 Training Camp Practice Day 14 at 8:45 AM at SJF - Closed to the Public

25 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Hopefully everyone looks better on Friday 

Meh. Peterman's INT came during a one-minute drill, where there was five seconds left on the clock at the 5-yard-line. In that situation, the INT is better than a sack. At least Peterman tried to force something since there wouldn't be another play. It was do or die. I didn't see the play, as there is no video yet. But, if no one was open, at least he tried to make something happen. Can't crush him for that INT. 

Edited by Watkins90
  • Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Milano is a surprise to me.  I thought he was really coming a long last year but now mixing in with Humber with the 1's?

In Joe B's practice summary from yesterday he talked about this

https://www.wkbw.com/sports/bills/joe-b-7-observations-from-2018-buffalo-bills-training-camp-day-13

3) Matt Milano's starting job in jeopardy?
- Speaking of surprises, Sunday's development at weakside linebacker was undoubtedly one of them. Second-year linebacker Matt Milano, who had a tremendously strong rookie season when healthy and in the starting lineup, found himself on the sideline during certain portions of reps with the first-team defense. Both his primary backup Ramon Humber and Keenan Robinson -- a slow riser up the depth chart -- worked in with the first-team defense as a rotation with Milano. It even resulted in Milano working with the second-team defense, too. I wonder if this might be something for the Bills to shake up Milano from being complacent as the starter. He hasn't once been challenged for the job since the end of last year, and now Sunday's developments had to fire up the adrenaline and competitive fire for him a bit. Upon getting second-team reps, Milano knocked back backup fullback Zach Olstad to the ground on a swing pass in a non-tackle team drill rep. Then, later on, Milano again popped the pads and was the first to make contact when drills went live along the goal line. This placement of Milano reeks of a coach wanting to shake up his young, budding player a bit to keep that competitive fire and instinct at a maximum heading into a season that they desperately need him to play well. Should this continue along into the week and the game on Friday, then perhaps there is something more to this. However, the Bills love Milano and likely just needed to challenge him a bit to get a response.

• Like (+1) 3

WKBW) - The Buffalo Bills carried on with their third-to-last practice of training camp on Monday, and while there wasn't as many changes this time around, we saw more evidence to back up all the changes from Sunday's practice.

Who lined up where?

The full, yet unofficial depth chart from Day 14:

All changes from the previous day are in bold.

day14offense_1534173150792_94800400_ver1.0_900_675.jpg
day14defense_1534173150910_94802101_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

4 minutes ago, Watkins90 said:

Meh. Peterman's INT came during a one-minute drill, where there was five seconds left on the clock at the 5-yard-line. In that situation, the INT is better than a sack. At least Peterman tried to force something since there wouldn't be another play. It was do or die. I didn't see the play, as there is no video yet. But, if no one was open, at leats he tried to make something happen. Can't crush him for that INT. 

Agreed... trent edwards would have flipped the ball out of bounds and trotted to the sideline without a care in the world.

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

WKBW) - The Buffalo Bills carried on with their third-to-last practice of training camp on Monday, and while there wasn't as many changes this time around, we saw more evidence to back up all the changes from Sunday's practice.

Who lined up where?

The full, yet unofficial depth chart from Day 14:

All changes from the previous day are in bold.

day14offense_1534173150792_94800400_ver1.0_900_675.jpg
day14defense_1534173150910_94802101_ver1.0_900_675.jpg

Cool to see Wallace emerge. I read somewhere that his performance in the game the other night may have boosted him past Pitts. 

4 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think Croom is going into week 1 as the No 2 TE when it is all said and done. 

And Oleary is no where on this roster

My TE Ranking right now

Clay

Croom

Thomas

O’Leary

Lee 

Towbridge 

Keep an eye on Lee too. Solid blocker and made a nice catch in the first game.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I think Croom is going into week 1 as the No 2 TE when it is all said and done. 

And Oleary is no where on this roster

My TE Ranking right now

Clay

Croom

Thomas

O’Leary

Lee 

Towbridge 

Clay, Croom, Lee, Thomas make the team IMO

1 minute ago, Big C said:

Keep an eye on Lee too. Solid blocker and made a nice catch in the first game.

Yep and I could see Lee moving over O’Leary i. My rankings with continued solid performances. Then it comes down to the numbers if he makes the 53. 

Just now, donbb said:

Clay, Croom, Lee, Thomas make the team IMO

I could see that too. But giving O’Leary the 4th spot right now. Ask me in a week and things could change 

49 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I still think the loser of Peterman v McCarron gets cut. 

Josh has shown enough that if he doesnt start he is the No 2. 

Not a chance. The Bills are not rolling with McCarron/Peterman and Allen. Don't forget Joe Webb III was an experienced 3rd QB. There is no one like that on the Bills now.

8 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Ugh. This freakin' guy.

Always a huge gamble to sign a guy coming off a major injury to a big, multi-year contract. So far not so good.

It isnt a big multi year contract. It is a 4M cap hit this year and they can walk away at the end of the year at a cap savings. So really it was a one year prove it deal. 

Heck they could cut him now and only see a 7.8M dead cap hit. 

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/buffalo-bills/trent-murphy-14456/

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not a chance. The Bills are not rolling with McCarron/Peterman and Allen. Don't forget Joe Webb III was an experienced 3rd QB. There is no one like that on the Bills now.

Doesnt matter a majority of the league roles with two QBs. Why do Bills need three?

Edited by MAJBobby

Just now, MAJBobby said:

It isnt a big multi year contract. It is a 4M cap hit this year and they can walk away at the end of the year at a cap savings. So really it was a one year prove it deal. 

Heck they could cut him now and only see a 7.8M dead cap hit. 

Doesnt matter a majority of the league roles with two QBs. Why do Bills need three?

Insurance in case a starter goes down. Don't most teams have an inactive 3rd QB?

1 minute ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Insurance in case a starter goes down. Don't most teams have an inactive 3rd QB?

Nope a majority of NFL teams carry TWO QBs into the season. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/09/03/majority-of-the-league-going-with-just-two-quarterbacks/amp/

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Have you seen this O-Line?  They are all cheap (2 rookie contracts and a very manageable AJM contract).  They won't release any of them - and shouldn't.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, MTBill said:

Have you seen this O-Line?  They are all cheap (2 rookie contracts and a very manageable AJM contract).  They won't release any of them - and shouldn't.

What was wrong with the OL. Did Peterman face alot of hits??  Again just stating a majority of teams carry only 2 QBs. 

So yes I will continue to say if Allen keeps progressing then the loser of McCarron and Peterman should be cut for another roster spot at a position that could use an extra player in 

13 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

12 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If all three are playing well in the Pre-season you hold onto them.  They have value as trade bait later in the year when teams have an injured starter and we hold a better quality replacement.  All three of our QB's are relatively cheap by QB standards too.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

First WR set was KB, Zay and Kerley....

3 hours ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

I think this is what we'll see in week 1 at Baltimore.

While certainly plausible and a strong possibility for sure, I actually think this could also look quite a bit different as well...a healthy KB is the unquestioned WR1 obviously.  WR battle is now bunched up from 2 to 5 IMO and its going to be interesting to watch it unfold.

But, 2 guys I think can really throw the WR order a curve ball are Coleman and Streater.  If Coleman can grasp the offense quickly, and sounds like he is putting the work in, he has the tool set to cease the spot opposite KB, and honestly, that would be the best thing for the Bills IMO as he can stretch the field better than Zay.  I still like Zay and think he can bounce back this year, but he will have to earn that spot and he and Coleman are both joining Camp about the same time, so they are close to equal ground.  

Streater was one of the standouts of last years camp before he got hurt and been having another strong camp and thought he looked good in Thursdays game too.  I think he has more upside than Kerley personally.  So wouldn't surprise me to see the depth chart end up like one of these two:

KB, Coleman, Zay, Streater, Kerley

KB, Coleman, Streater, Zay, Kerley

Or one darkhorse scenario, albeit a low one, could see Streater move up to #2 to open the season if he has an overall camp like last year and Coleman and Zay just don't show get up to speed enough over the next couple of weeks.  Andre Holmes can also make some noise if he can have a big camp, but right now I think those 5 guys are the more than likely top 5 guys on the roster come week 1.   

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 2