Bills stadium plans remain unclear

14 minutes ago, teef said:

I hate it when people spell Mark with a c. It’s just not the right way to do it. 

I've been dealing with one of these today with my job.......dude's just not listening to me and I'm like "Yo, you spelled your name wrong. Let me handle this, I'm the expert."

Anyway, back on topic. The ONE thing they could do? Put in a seat for everyone instead of still having bleachers. Reduce capacity, raise ticket prices by $5 and call it a day. That place is VASTLY improved since I began going in the mid 80's. Lambeau did it, and we have the similar neighborhood feel.

Edited by Seasons1992

We don't need no stinkin' new stadium.

Have any of yall been to any of the fancy new fangled stadiums?  I went to a game the Super Dome once and it was very odd.  Football being played in an unnatural environment.,  I went to the draft in Dallas.  It would be like going to a football game in a movie theater.  Fuggedaboutit.  Be careful what you ask for ...

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, reddogblitz said:

Have any of yall been to any of the fancy new fangled stadiums?  I went to a game the Super Dome once and it was very odd.  Football being played in an unnatural environment.,  I went to the draft in Dallas.  It would be like going to a football game in a movie theater.  Fuggedaboutit.  Be careful what you ask for ...

Yes. Atlanta, and it was awesome!

Just now, CountDorkula said:

Yes. Atlanta, and it was awesome!

How much were the tickets?

I'm old school I admit it.  I liked it when at football stadiums you went into the mens room and they just had a trench with water running in to do you know what in.  No frills.

I prefer going to a stadium to watch the football.  I can look at art at the art museum.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, reddogblitz said:

How much were the tickets?

I'm old school I admit it.  I liked it when at football stadiums you went into the mens room and they just had a trench with water running in to do you know what in.  No frills.

I prefer going to a stadium to watch the football.  I can look at art at the art museum.

Expensive. Like $175 per for corner end zone.

It's the WNY economy! 

Where will the money come from?  Taxes are not a solid option, and ticket/parking/concession prices will fall far short.  New Era is appreciated, but far from the big name corporate "stadium naming" entities that the other "new fangled" stadiums have found.  I just don't see it in the future.  Nothing will ever happen till the current bonds are fully amortized.

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Didn't the same question get answered by the same County Executive a few months ago?  Where's the news WGRZ?

Are they going to ask him every 6 months for an update?

Breaking News Update:  We Have No New Updates!

:beer:

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

49 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

https://www.wgrz.com/article/sports/nfl/bills/bills-stadium-plans-remain-unclear/71-577066129

BILLS STADIUM PLANS REMAIN UNCLEAR

WGRZ's Adam Benigni spoke with Erie County Executive Marc Poloncarz to get some perspective on stadium plans for the future.

We're not hearing much about a new stadium because any of the key players involved don't want to pay for it.  When was the last time a Governor with a strong Buffalo connection sat in Albany?  

39 minutes ago, teef said:

I hate it when people spell Mark with a c. It’s just not the right way to do it. 

It’s up there with red hair.

Sean.

Just now, The Jerk said:

Its kinda like Shawn spelled Sean. 

Ohhhh snap!

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

Like it or not the long term future will require a future stadium whether at the Ralph or a new stadium to be updated and it will have some elements that cater to a richer and more family based crowd. The cost to renovate the Ralph is estimated right around $500 million so its a good serious question do you rebuild or relocate new? I get you and every other fan who will talk the tailgate environment and culture blah blah blah. They don't entirely care about that and if they can make a stadium downtown near everything else they own that will make more money while still maintaining some tailgate culture they will do so.

6 minutes ago, corta765 said:

Like it or not the long term future will require a future stadium whether at the Ralph or a new stadium to be updated and it will have some elements that cater to a richer and more family based crowd. The cost to renovate the Ralph is estimated right around $500 million so its a good serious question do you rebuild or relocate new? I get you and every other fan who will talk the tailgate environment and culture blah blah blah. They don't entirely care about that and if they can make a stadium downtown near everything else they own that will make more money while still maintaining some tailgate culture they will do so.

Once again I would say nobody wants to pay for it or we would be past the preplanning stage now.  Word is Pegula has been quietly working on his end by acquiring a few businesses that would be associated with such a project but no doubt waiting for the county and the state with neither stepping up and very doubtful that they will.  

31 minutes ago, Marv's Neighbor said:

It's the WNY economy! 

Where will the money come from?  Taxes are not a solid option, and ticket/parking/concession prices will fall far short.  New Era is appreciated, but far from the big name corporate "stadium naming" entities that the other "new fangled" stadiums have found.  I just don't see it in the future.  Nothing will ever happen till the current bonds are fully amortized.

I feel the same way pretty much.  Further, be careful of what you wish for because you might not get it the way you want it. Downtown and open air are far from certainties.

"We know that the bones of the stadium are good and we could get at least 20-to-25 years additional if not much was done...and if you did a whole lot of retro-fitting like they did in Kansas City's Arrrowhead Stadium, or Lambeau Field, or Soldier Field in Chicago, you could get many, many, more decades."

Sounds good to me.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, teef said:

170.gif

I want to play!

u mad

2 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

"We know that the bones of the stadium are good and we could get at least 20-to-25 years additional if not much was done...and if you did a whole lot of retro-fitting like they did in Kansas City's Arrrowhead Stadium, or Lambeau Field, or Soldier Field in Chicago, you could get many, many, more decades."

Sounds good to me.

I personally feel we should get an underground stadium.  The dome will be made of glass so fans can sit on top, look down on the game and watch it like Jesus does.

3 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

From what I understand, a retro-fit of the stadium would be extremely expensive because the lower bowl is build into the ground.

I also wonder if its possible to do that, in less then 9 months! in between seasons. I bet the year they decide to do that, will be the same year we finally host an AFC championship game and then your looking at 8 months!

3 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Sounds good to me.

Not sure what you mean by bones but the upper decks at NEF are not in good shape. Any retrofit would require tearing them down.

As for domes, I'm old and cranky, I don't party at tailgates like I used to, and I don't like freezing or getting soaked. So guess which I choose?

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Not sure what you mean by bones but the upper decks at NEF are not in good shape. Any retrofit would require tearing them down.

As for domes, I'm old and cranky, I don't party at tailgates like I used to, and I don't like freezing or getting soaked. So guess which I choose?

Image result for stadium crowd jumping gif

Just do this at a bills game, and we will get a new stadium very quickly....