Post a picture of your first ever car

1d878159d911611af56485b05b675fcd.jpg

boom!

my parents wouldn't let us buy cars, so we got the hand me downs.  this puppy was all mine.

46 minutes ago, Rob's House said:

6ef6f01c.jpg

21 minutes ago, Seasons1992 said:

My wagon laughs at your toy......

Image result for 1988 chevrolet caprice estate wagon

i didn't even see these before i posted.  nice

Image result for 1981 toyota corolla tercel

Above was my first car, Toyota Corolla Tercel  about $5,200 brand new, cheaper car on the planet back then, had plastic on the floor and no radio...never replaced anything but tires, filters, one battery  after 120,000 miles i gave it away.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

5 minutes ago, teef said:

they were the minivans of their time.

Nice teef, I like you even more now that I know you owned the same car as me, just in Buick skin!

9 seatbelts in those bad boys....a V8 that churned out "maybe" 150HP.....and survived me burying it in an off-road snowfield off Michael road on the way to OPHS. And also then survived my brother falling asleep and crashing it into a ditch which bent the frame. 

When Goodwill picked it up, they appreciated that everything worked on it! If I still had it I would have done a full frame-off restoration. 

1961 Corvair Monza 900; white on red; automatic.  Bought it for $1,200 in 1990.  I have never loved a car like I loved this one and my dream is to have another some day.

*** This is not the actual car, but it was in nearly pristine shape like the one in the picture.

1961 Chevrolet Corvair for sale 100985504

2 minutes ago, Gugny said:

1961 Corvair Monza 900; white on red; automatic.  Bought it for $1,200 in 1990.  I have never loved a car like I loved this one and my dream is to have another some day.

*** This is not the actual car, but it was in nearly pristine shape like the one in the picture.

1961 Chevrolet Corvair for sale 100985504

Did you enjoy a lot of strawberry milkshakes and Van Morrison in this car?

Mine was a 1993 Honda Civic EX coupe in black with taupe interior, just like this one.

Great car; put 125,000 miles on it in 8 years of ownership, nothing broke ever.

Took it to Watkins Glen for a few driving schools; car was nice and light (@ 2,350 lbs. as I recall) but tended to understeer.  Still a lot of fun to drive. 

Honda_Civic_Coupe_1993-1995.JPG

This topic makes me feel like there should be a “best car” you ever had, and a “fastest car” you ever had. 

Mainly becaise ive been researching some old school mustangs and interested in the future of buying a 03-04 Mustang, Cobra (The Terminator)

anyone here have one? Ever had one? Had any experience with them? Other than getting smoked by them at lights, what’s your experience with them? 

5 minutes ago, JÂy RÛßeÒ said:

1976 Dodge Coronet Custom, bought off my parents for $500

dodge_coronet_blue_1976.jpg

Mine was green not blue, but had the white landau top.

Nice. I had one the same color as in your pic with the white top but  was a 75, bought it in the early 80's for $800... some dude that owned a beverage castle (drive through beer, pop, chips, etc kind of place) had it parked next to the entrance with a for sale sign.

Funny this car was brought up, 3' away on the top computer desk shelf she put a pic of me and her leaning up against it, the back of the photo says 1982. And I had hair back then.

• Like (+1) 1

Bought this car , same exact color in between sophomore and junior year in college for $600. My dad detailed cars in his retirement, so I used for a year, he cleaned it up like a champ, we sold for $1500 and split the profit! Plymouth Scamp BTW

image.jpeg

Edited by plenzmd1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Did you enjoy a lot of strawberry milkshakes and Van Morrison in this car?

and men?

2 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

Nice teef, I like you even more now that I know you owned the same car as me, just in Buick skin!

9 seatbelts in those bad boys....a V8 that churned out "maybe" 150HP.....and survived me burying it in an off-road snowfield off Michael road on the way to OPHS. And also then survived my brother falling asleep and crashing it into a ditch which bent the frame. 

When Goodwill picked it up, they appreciated that everything worked on it! If I still had it I would have done a full frame-off restoration. 

many a trip was taken with me staring out of that back window.  my brother and i beat the **** out of that car, and it just kept running.  

2 hours ago, mrags said:

This topic makes me feel like there should be a “best car” you ever had, and a “fastest car” you ever had. 

Mainly becaise ive been researching some old school mustangs and interested in the future of buying a 03-04 Mustang, Cobra (The Terminator)

anyone here have one? Ever had one? Had any experience with them? Other than getting smoked by them at lights, what’s your experience with them? 

If you are interested in stopping or turning, you can do a lot better than a Mustang.

If you want to go really fast in a straight line for cheap, you can't beat them.

33 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

If you are interested in stopping or turning, you can do a lot better than a Mustang.

If you want to go really fast in a straight line for cheap, you can't beat them.

The Terminators has an independent rear suspension which helped with the handling. Along with large Bembro brakes. It does just fine in those categories. Of course not as good as newer cars or something like a BMW or Mercedes. But the straight line and fun value is incredible 

1 hour ago, teef said:

...my brother and i beat the **** out of that car, and it just kept running.  

My first was a '72 Chevy Kingswood Estate wagon, purchased from my dad.  When I moved to Ontario, I gave it back to my parents, who handed it over to my brother and sister, who with their rowdy friends proceeded to likewise beat the dickens out of it.  A crew of them come out of a gin mill at closing time in downtown Buffalo, see that the rear tire is flat.  So is the spare.  Find an air pump at a gas station?  Hell no, drive it up Niagara St., over the Peace Bridge, and 7 odd miles down Garrison Rd. to make it to my parents' cottage.  They must be reincarnations of WW II B-17 pilots, 3 engines shot out, they still limp back home to base.

1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport in Deep Amethyst purple. The only picture I still have of her. Drove it until the floor pans rotted out three years ago. Some brave soul in the Brockport area still owns and drives it.

FB_IMG_1499909790880.jpg

i296030.jpg

my parents let me call the old family truckster “my car” for a few months when I was a senior in college. 

1969 Ford Ranch Wagon with a 390 ci v8. It never saw a gas station that it didn’t like. 

33703440002_large.jpg?v=0

After college i bought a car a car that my friends and I referred to as the “go kart”. A 1973 Toyota Celica that was amateurishly repaired after an accident. Mine was silver. 

7 hours ago, Guffalo said:

image.jpeg.af4ec67606ad699bfc4815c8bd405ad2.jpegLoved this car

I had a 1980 Mazda 626 two door with a 5 speed.  Fun car but terrible in snow. Rear wheel drive and light weight. It would spin out all the time. I had good tires and drove very slowly. My wife and her father both hated that car in the winter. It scarred me for winter driving for years afterwards. Then I got a Subaru Legacy wagon with AWD. That was much better in the winter. 

6 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Then I got a Subaru Legacy wagon with AWD. That was much better in the winter. 

Subaru is a brand that seems to inspire loyalty among owners.  Once you've owned one, quite a few buyers stay with the brand.  Even though 'Subaru' spelled backwards is: U-R-A BUS.

• Haha (+1) 1