Shots Fired! Tim Graham calls out Vic Carruci for Posing with The Biscuit

Here's the background. Bernie Kosar tweets a photo from Jim Kelly's charity event that included Vic C posing next to Cornelius Bennett.

Graham retweets it with that caption. 

In another tweet TG claims he isn't taking a shot at Carruci. I think of course it is, and right out on public. What do you think?

Ummm…. Bennett wasn't convicted of rape, he pled down to a lesser charge.

This is why people don't want to pay for the Buffalo News.  Apparently accuracy takes a back seat to personal vendettas.

Seems like an unprofessional cheap shot at a coworker in a public forum. There are like 5 different guys I’m that photo.

But in the age of #meToo maybe he thinks it’s a legit gripe? 

Edited by Idandria
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe I was too young at the time, but I don’t remember anything about Cornelius Bennett and rape. Time to fire up the google machine 

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/09/10/sports/bennett-pleads-guilty.html

He pled down to a misdemeanor charge.  Graham is claiming he was convicted of felony rape.

At the very least, he should get a talking to by his superiors at the News.  IMO he should be fired but we know that won't happen.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

Maybe I was too young at the time, but I don’t remember anything about Cornelius Bennett and rape. Time to fire up the google machine 

I wasn’t too young, but I didn't Live in WNY then either. Huh? Out of left field here. Not a fan of bringing it up this way regardless. 

Bennett pleased guilty to something that was pretty bad, and mean, but it was a misdemeanor.

Personally I am wondering if he wanted to take a shot at Carruci, or Bennett, why did he pick Jim Kelly's charity event?

Why didn't that at least stop him? Why get that mixed up in this? I don't understand that person. 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, sullim4 said:

He pled down to a misdemeanor charge.  Graham is claiming he was convicted of felony rape.

At the very least, he should get a talking to by his superiors at the News.  IMO he should be fired but we know that won't happen.

Why, is he the only one left? 

1 minute ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Bennett pleased guilty to something that was pretty bad, and mean, but it was a misdemeanor.

Personally I am wondering if he wanted to take a shot at Carruci, or Bennett, why did he pick Jim Kelly's charity event?

Why didn't that at least stop him? Why get that mixed up in this? I don't understand that person. 

I don’t know the details, but have to agree this was not the time or place. 

• Like (+1) 2

I truly dont remember this but also wasn’t paying close attention at that time

. Then, as now, the league had to deal with embarrassing arrests of high-profile players.

One was linebacker Cornelius Bennett, who has played in five Super Bowls with teams in Buffalo and Atlanta. He pleaded guilty to sexual misconduct in 1997 in an attack on a female acquaintance in a Buffalo hotel room. Bennett served 35 days in jail and later received counseling under the league's program.

The N.F.L.'s policy was in its infancy when Bennett was arrested. At the time, players accused of violent crimes were subject to counseling but not punishment. Would Bennett have feared the policy in its current form, he was asked, and thus been able to avoid the sexual abuse charge for fear of fines or suspension by the league?

''I don't know, probably not at that time,'' said Bennett, who now plays for the Indianapolis Colts. ''I thought I was a good person then, but I wasn't as good a person as I believed. I don't know if a piece of paper would have changed anything.''

https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/206192-shots-fired-tim-graham-calls-out-vic-carruci-for-posing-with-the-biscuit/

the tweet from Graham was tacky all around, though 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

We're back to Cornholius Bennett?

I had not previously heard of this charge, and consequent nickname, as I left the area the year before and did not return until 2012. 

So I just read about the charges and ruling and whatnot; yikes. Put the Biscuit up there with Jim Kelly as sports heroes in Blo who were scumbags off the field. ALLEGEDLY...

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

You cannot be fired at Buffalo News due to union.  Maybe it is time for a GoFundMe to raise money to sue Buffalo News for slander.

5 minutes ago, Augie said:

Why, is he the only one left? 

He has a repeated pattern of doing this.  For all the crap that Bucky and Sully took (and rightfully so), Timmah can never admit that he was wrong.  Even his response says that he's only "technically" wrong and that it really was rape.  Were you there Tim?

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Here's the background. Bernie Kosar tweets a photo from Jim Kelly's charity event that included Vic C posing next to Cornelius Bennett.

In another tweet TG claims he isn't taking a shot at Carruci. I think of course it is, and right out on public. What do you think?

If you look closely, it seems Cornelius is ready for action...

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Limeaid said:

You cannot be fired at Buffalo News due to union.  Maybe it is time for a GoFundMe to raise money to sue Buffalo News for slander.

Graham never says "felony" in his tweet; and if you read the plea conviction language, it sure sounds like rape, or at least an injurious form of it. 

So, relax. Graham's tweet sure seems unnecessarily blunt, but then again, the details of Bennett's incident/assault are really gross, and maybe suggest people who celebrate him should think twice.

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

If you look closely, it seems Cornelius is ready for action...

20241E65-EFAE-4076-B183-F38CBF1AD654.jpeg

Wowza. Congrats. You actually cracked through my hard candy shell with this one. I mean, sexual predator humor...amiright!?!?

You used a Chevy Chase avatar on the BBMB back in the day? I can't recall your handle (was never an avid contributor), but I recognize repulsive, commendable humor when I see it. 

8 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

He has a repeated pattern of doing this.  For all the crap that Bucky and Sully took (and rightfully so), Timmah can never admit that he was wrong.  Even his response says that he's only "technically" wrong and that it really was rape.  Were you there Tim?

I hope he technically gets his technical ass sued off for technical liable.  What a douche.  

1 minute ago, Richard Noggin said:

Wowza. Congrats. You actually cracked through my hard candy shell with this one. I mean, sexual predator humor...amiright!?!?

You used a Chevy Chase avatar on the BBMB back in the day? I can't recall your handle (was never an avid contributor), but I recognize repulsive, commendable humor when I see it. 

I’d say I’m a poor mans jayryp80.

Has anyone read the charges and plea and conviction and all that? It's really a legal conviction of sexual assualt...

2 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’d say I’m a poor mans jayryp80.

There it is. I was a member since 2004. A few posters made the forum worth visiting.

But also: shame on you. 

Edited by Richard Noggin
  • Haha (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Meow.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Idandria said:

Seems like an unprofessional cheap shot at a coworker in a public forum. There are like 5 different guys I’m that photo.

But in the age of #meToo maybe he thinks it’s a legit gripe? 

Or maybe he is looking for clicks? Maybe?

19 minutes ago, sullim4 said:

Ew, I guess I’m glad I’m not closer to get exposed to more of this. 

51 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

Given that Bennett does not seem to be a convicted rapist (pled to a lesser charge) it seems to be a double barrelled shot IMO. 

If he wants to call out Bennett, he should call out Bennett.

If he wants to call out people feteing Bennett, he should call them all out.

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

1997.  Pled to lesser charge of sexual assault, sentenced to 60 days, served less. 

About 6 months later, his accuser was one of several dozen people charged in a large cocaine ring.  She faced 16 felony drug counts.  Don't know what happened. 

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.deseretnews.com/article/659928/Book-details-NFLs-criminal-side.html

Benedict cited the case of Atlanta Falcons linebacker Cornelius Bennett, who pleaded guilty to sexually assaulting a woman who accompanied him to a hotel room in 1997 and served 36 days in jail.  [BTW, trying to insert a size XXL **** in a size M ******* is never a good idea]

"He was charged with three felonies and a misdemeanor," the writer said. "The charges were dropped because he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge as part of a plea bargain. That doesn't mean he didn't do those things."

Then again, the woman was not some innocent young thing...

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/bennetts-accuser-arrested/

54 minutes ago, BadLandsMeanie said:

**** Tim Graham. Vic Carucci was doing it far better than him or ANY of those other bought out clowns at the Buffalo News. Nobody gives a **** about Tim Graham's opinion but him and his sycophants.

We need more Vic Caruccis in Buffalo sports news.

Edited by EasternOHBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Given that Bennett does not seem to be a convicted rapist (pled to a lesser charge) it seems to be a double barrelled shot IMO. 

If he wants to call out Bennett, he should call out Bennett.

If he wants to call out people feteing Bennett, he should call them all out.

1997.  Pled to lesser charge of sexual assault, sentenced to 60 days, served less. 

About 6 months later, his accuser was one of several dozen people charged in a large cocaine ring.  She faced 16 felony drug counts.  Don't know what happened. 

Other than trivia, any reason to bring up her later charges? Or is there a reason it’d be tied to the story. Honestly, I only marginally know the situation.

Do I have it wrong or wasn't Tim Graham sports editor at TBN at one time? I think he was when he did the

Pegula piece in Jan 2017. But I can't get in to blitz to see if his title was editor.

Im pretty sure he was. He is a listed as a reporter now. Does anyone remember he was an editor? Or do I have that wrong?

44 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It gets brought up every time someone asks why Bennett isn't on the Wall of Fame. 

But way to highlight what this event is all about Timmy.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, QCity said:

It gets brought up every time someone asks why Bennett isn't on the Wall of Fame. 

But way to highlight what this event is all about Timmy.

Absolutely! THAT is the key point here. 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Other than trivia, any reason to bring up her later charges? Or is there a reason it’d be tied to the story. Honestly, I only marginally know the situation.

Because she subsequently was suing him and it does change one's impression.

My understanding though is that they knew one another. They were having a consensual experience until Bennett did something she did not want to do, that hurt her physically, and for which she needed to go to the hospital. Nuff said. The subsequent charges against her don't change that. Bennett did something rotten and received therapy which he says helped him. 

• Like (+1) 3

No surprise.  This is the same gutless turd who ran crying from this board after people told him he was full of sh--.   Now desperately trying to make himself relevant in a commoditized market of sports reporting.

Why do people go fishing for this crap on Twitter, then get bent out of shape when they find it?

Weird comment by Graham.  Not sure what he's up to, but then again, I don't give a rat's ass either.

So there's that.

6 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

Why do people go fishing for this crap on Twitter, then get bent out of shape when they find it?

Weird comment by Graham.  Not sure what he's up to, but then again, I don't give a rat's ass either.

So there's that.

2 things. I didn't fish for it, it showed up in my feed. Because someone that I follow, liked it. Someone you would know about. Who then thought better of it, and un-liked it.

For your punishment for your snarky tone, I will never tell who that was who unliked it once they realized the implications. :I

The other thing is, not knowing Tim Graham said that, doesn't mean it did not happen. It was said. So when looking around in the world, if somebody sees something that they don't agree with, it doesn't make much sense to tell them not to look as a solution. And I am not bent out of shape about it.

I imagine Carrucci may be. But to me it is interesting. Not upsetting.

Edited by BadLandsMeanie

Sounds like maybe he and Vic had a disagreement and Vic took some moral high ground and Graham took this opportunity to knock him off?

As for the people rushing to Bicuit's defense........he was up to no good hanging out with a person he shared drug use with and figured he could just rape said person without consequence because of her less-than-stellar criminal record so he did........because he was a scumbag.

From a playing career standpoint.......he was a underachiever in his career in Buffalo........near invisible in Super Bowls..........and resisted the move to a position he was better suited for and stabbed John Butler and all Bills fans in the back by signing with Atlanta after promising to allow Buffalo to match.     He wanted to live "that life" in Atlanta.   He didn't play badly after leaving but disconnecting from the Bills pseudo-dynasty probably cost him HOF enshrinement.   He had finally found the position that best suited him there with Wade Phillips.

• Like (+1) 1