I think that our defense stands a good chance vs Ravens

Our DL has really been improved with the additions of Star and Phillips. Penetrating the pocket is going to be a massive difference for Hughes to getting to the QB. Flacco is under fire to perform and he definitely has a propensity of throwing interceptions. That’s right into the teeth of of our strength on defense and that is our secondary. I would like to see the LB position add a couple more players but the Ravens’ offense is being retooled as well with new WRs and nothing that really scares me at their RB position. I noticed that there’s several names along the DL that I don’t recognize but if we can get any kind of return out of any of them will be an added bonus. 

What really inspired this this post is that I think that we’re fortunate to be facing Flacco and their new offensive pieces. I would think that Flacco will play the entire game, regardless of his production. This, in my option, definitely should favor us. I don’t want our team to face a new QB that we have no book on, especially as someone as dangerous as Lamar Jackson. I think that if Jackson would enter this game at any point would be a big problem for us, especially if he were to expose, in my opinion, our biggest weakness on defense which is our LBers. Maybe I’m wrong about our LBers but that is what I’m thinking at this time and I definitely don’t want to be proven right about that. 

On the the other hand what I feel what could give us a chance would be the same thing that would allow the Ravens to beat us and that is our offense against their defense. We need McCoy and that OL to really step up and whoever is in the pocket for us will have to make a few plays as well. Maybe McCaron does give us the best chance simply due to the fact that he actually came from that division and should have plenty of film under his belt. Thoughts?

• Like (+1) 1

It is going to be a big game for us. Our next three games are against much tougher opponents, so we nee to find a way to win that game on the road.

This LB unit is going to play great this year. Edmunds, Alexander, and Milano are going to cause havoc behind our revamped dline. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

• Like (+1) 2

I tend to agree with you Tipster. It looks like a low scoring game to me that will be won by the team that makes less mistakes. Flacco can make mistakes and our secondary is opportunistic. The Bills may not win the game but that game doesn’t scare me.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I also believe the D will be improved this year and like what I hear about Phillips.  But, we have yet to see Phillips play a down in the NFL so I think it is too early to say he will make a difference.  After a few preseason games we will have a better idea. I an hopeful that Shaq and Washington will be improved in year 3 and that will be the difference.  I think Shaq is in position to have a very good season.  His rookie year was a setback with injury.  Last year everyone agreed he played the run well and I believed he finished the year ties for most sacks after missing 6 games.  

• Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, artmalibu said:

I also believe the D will be improved this year and like what I hear about Phillips.  But, we have yet to see Phillips play a down in the NFL so I think it is too early to say he will make a difference.  After a few preseason games we will have a better idea. I an hopeful that Shaq and Washington will be improved in year 3 and that will be the difference.  I think Shaq is in position to have a very good season.  His rookie year was a setback with injury.  Last year everyone agreed he played the run well and I believed he finished the year ties for most sacks after missing 6 games.  

I totally agree on your points, especially the one on Shaq. I was going to get into that but I had to cut it short due to being at work. Oops,  I hope the boss isn’t a member on the message board.

The last time AJ McCarron started against the Ravens they won 24-16.

AJ was 17 of 27 for 160 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's and a 104 QBR.

That's probably a good enough QB performance to beat the Ravens opening day with the D the Bill's will field.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

That's probably a good enough QB performance to beat the Ravens opening day with the D the Bill's will field.

...sounds good to me bud, but the "300 Yard Gang" may beg to differ.....just sayin'.............

• Like (+1) 1

The Ravens aren't a bad team, but for some reason if I listed teams in terms of who I wanted the Bills to open with, they would be at the bottom.  I just have nothing for them. They aren't exciting to watch..I don't care about any of their players really....i just have this image that when the Bills play them, it will be a boring, 13-9 game with 10+ punts. 

Wish they would have opened with just about anyone else on the schedule.

19 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Will he have AJ Green, Marvin Jones, Mohamed Sanu, and Tyler Eifert to throw to?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoBills said:

No, none of the Bill's QB's will be throwing to those receivers.

Exactly which means there could be a problem keeping the Ravens' D honest against loading up the box to stop the run game. 

7 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

No, none of the Bill's QB's will be throwing to those receivers.

...we don't even know yet what the hell we have in WR's ......for the most part in 2017, they were INACTIVE every Sunday expecting an apple from the stands before ever seeing the damn ball....thought they were in the Witness Protection Program.......

• Haha (+1) 2

image.thumb.png.9ee84144008f2b1d47f71eaefde41925.png

Star's performance has been going in the wrong direction according to PFF, with last season being particularly bad. 

Was he hurt?

Is there reason to believe his performance will improve this season? Is it because he's back with his ex-Carolina folks?

I trust PFF. This is their analysis of Tre'Davious White, which I think we all agree with.

image.thumb.png.99dc1ab44fc90e80ace70f33b64886b8.png 

Any non-nasty responses would be appreciated. 

We will see. I'm sure Ravens fans are saying something similar about the Bills and their offense that will be a question mark. I do however like what the Bills have done so far on defense. Excited to see how it translates onto the field though.

I thinkk it's a bit too early to get into detailed discussions on any single game the Bills are going to play.  They look like they improved their defense.  Questions about the offense are going to remain for a while.  We'll see how it all adds up.

There’s question marks about everything right now, training camp hasn’t even started.

How can anyone point to any game at this point? 

The boards must be really slow.

Edited by dlonce

10 hours ago, ColoradoBills said:

He also had A.J. Green, an elite WR in his prIme who gets massive separation and wins jump balls.   He can make any qb look good.

I hope McCarron can run a good offense this year, would be great to give Allen a dozen games on the bench before he goes live.

• Like (+1) 1

If the ravens score 2 tds I’ll be disappointed.  Maybe I’m drinking the koolaid too much, but I think our D can be top 5.  I think the thing that may hold is from achieving top 5 is the play of the nickel CB. It really rests on the shoulders of Taron Johnson.  If he turns out to be a player, I think top 5 is reasonabley achievable. I pray that he beats out Philip Gaines, who I see as this year’s version of shareece wright.  Hopefully I’m wrong and the switch to zone will benefit him, as he’s projected as a good fit for zone.  He played mostly man in KC, maybe he’s a fit for us.  The Johnson guy played better than I thought he would for us last year, but still had plenty of mistakes.  Let’s hope the new Johnson is a nice upgrade 

im also drinking the koolaid of Trent Murphy, believing that he and Hughes will make a formidable duo with Shaq being a serviable backup.  Star solidifying the run D with Edmunds playing 100% of the defensive snaps will be fun.  If Milano makes marked improvement, watch out.  

The defense I am not concerned with. Its the offense which I fear can barely put up 10 pts and they lose 14-10 or some craptastic game like that which makes you want to stab your eyes like 2 years ago.

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

If the ravens score 2 tds I’ll be disappointed.  Maybe I’m drinking the koolaid too much, but I think our D can be top 5.  I think the thing that may hold is from achieving top 5 is the play of the nickel CB. It really rests on the shoulders of Taron Johnson.  If he turns out to be a player, I think top 5 is reasonabley achievable. I pray that he beats out Philip Gaines, who I see as this year’s version of shareece wright.  Hopefully I’m wrong and the switch to zone will benefit him, as he’s projected as a good fit for zone.  He played mostly man in KC, maybe he’s a fit for us.  The Johnson guy played better than I thought he would for us last year, but still had plenty of mistakes.  Let’s hope the new Johnson is a nice upgrade 

im also drinking the koolaid of Trent Murphy, believing that he and Hughes will make a formidable duo with Shaq being a serviable backup.  Star solidifying the run D with Edmunds playing 100% of the defensive snaps will be fun.  If Milano makes marked improvement, watch out.  

Your drinking the koolaid a little but also underplaying it may take a few weeks for all of the pieces to mesh together also. Even if they allow 21 pts I don't think the defense necessarily did bad especially given the offense will most likely not be on the field much so they will have a lot of drives to stop.

10 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The defense I am not concerned with. Its the offense which I fear can barely put up 10 pts and they lose 14-10 or some craptastic game like that which makes you want to stab your eyes like 2 years ago.

Your drinking the koolaid a little but also underplaying it may take a few weeks for all of the pieces to mesh together also. Even if they allow 21 pts I don't think the defense necessarily did bad especially given the offense will most likely not be on the field much so they will have a lot of drives to stop.

Good point.  I’m just not a believer in the Baltimore offense.  They’re crap.  Our offense may be worse, but we have Shady.  

13 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Good point.  I’m just not a believer in the Baltimore offense.  They’re crap.  Our offense may be worse, but we have Shady.  

OH I haven't been a believer in Baltimore's offense since they let their top 3 starters go in Rice, Boldin, & Smith in successive years. Their offensive line is solid it will probably being a boring a$$ game in the trenches. If Buffalo's QB can find anyway to hit a few deep buffalo should win.