Josh Allen's twitter account

I'm no twitter expert but can you not delete old tweets from your account?

Have we learned who outed these tweets on the eve of the draft? This whole thing seemed Belichickean.  

Doesn't his agent advise him on social media? If not, he should fire his agent. 

This has been badly mishandled and we are lucky that it didn't turn into a bigger media circus. 

4 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

Supposedly he DID delete them several months ago, but whoever released them had already taken screen shots. This was definitely calculated.

Correct.  No question about it - that it was intentional.  

2 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Only the snowflakes are bent out of shape about it.

Who is bent out of shape about it? The only times a controversial story really blew up was when the president got involved in the kneeling and the ray rice video.

otherwise, it all blows over in about 3 days 

Just now, NoSaint said:

Who is bent out of shape about it? The only times a controversial story really blew up was when the president got involved in the kneeling and the ray rice video.

I've seen quite a few people on Twitter who were/are (fake) outraged about the then-15 year old's tweets.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

i beg to differ. sincerely, every trump hating liberal.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, stuvian said:

didn't Stephen A Smith go all BLM over this?

When Stephen A starts screaming at me I change the station. Why would I want to be screamed at? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Arizona managed to get their hands on screenshots of the tweets and released them in an effort to get him to fall, as reports are they wanted Allen, not Rosen

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2018/05/02/arizona-cardinals-nfl-draft-quarterback-josh-allen-josh-rosen-z/574999002/

... and it may have worked because Allen may have gone earlier than 7 if not for those tweets... but who knows.

Anyway, I'm glad now we didn't wind up with the whiny brat Rosen and Arizona did... that kid would NOT fit in in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, stuvian said:

didn't Stephen A Smith go all BLM over this?

No. He actually explained very clearly Allen's position and how apologetic he was. I love Stephen A. 

5 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Arizona managed to get their hands on screenshots of the tweets and released them in an effort to get him to fall, as reports are they wanted Allen, not Rosen

https://www.azcentral.com/story/sports/heat-index/2018/05/02/arizona-cardinals-nfl-draft-quarterback-josh-allen-josh-rosen-z/574999002/

... and it may have worked because Allen may have gone earlier than 7 if not for those tweets... but who knows.

Anyway, I'm glad now we didn't wind up with the whiny brat Rosen and Arizona did... that kid would NOT fit in in Buffalo.

The article you link does not in any way support that it was Az that released the tweet screenshots

The point it makes is that Az actually had a plan in place to trade up to 5 for Allen, but it was Chubb falling that nixed their plan.

27 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Question is, does anyone think the release of the tweets dropped JA’s draft stock?? Would he still have been available without the tweets?

I personally think so, because I think the Browns and Jets had Mayfield and Darnold higher (as, IMO, they should)

Allen's camp and his teammates also handled it well.

54 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

I've seen quite a few people on Twitter who were/are (fake) outraged about the then-15 year old's tweets.

I've seen quite a few here too.   But it's easy to play fast and loose with the 'racism' label these days.

Just now, PIZ said:

Probably the Cheatriots.  Speaking of Twitter, what does it mean when they say RT?

RT = retweet. So if I see something on my timeline i want to share with my followers, I RT it. You can comment on it too when you RT if you wish but don’t have to. 

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

The article you link does not in any way support that it was Az that released the tweet screenshots

The point it makes is that Az actually had a plan in place to trade up to 5 for Allen, but it was Chubb falling that nixed their plan

I know that... just putting 2 & 2 together.

Someone maliciously released tweets that had been long deleted the night before the draft. No greater time to do it to make a prospect drop in the draft... think Laremy Tunsil a couple years ago.

NFL teams that want a QB have the most motive to do it.

Arizona was reportedly "heartbroken" missing out on Allen.

Sorry, just seems a strong adjective to me. When someone is heartbroken, the connotation of that word also implies confident expectations that were not met.

No, the article doesn't say Arizona did it, anyone clicking the link can see that. It's just evidence in my mind.

38 minutes ago, KD in CA said:

I've seen quite a few here too.   But it's easy to play fast and loose with the 'racism' label these days.

As Bob Ross always said "there's no such thing as hate speech, just happy little n-words".

Image result for bob ross

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5

6 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

You mean the people losing their minds over Michelle Wolf?

Yes, absolutely. "Snowflakes" applies to both sides of the political spectrum.

I lean to the left, personally. I'm just anti-fake-outrage.

• Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, stuvian said:

I'm no twitter expert but can you not delete old tweets from your account?

Have we learned who outed these tweets on the eve of the draft? This whole thing seemed Belichickean.  

Doesn't his agent advise him on social media? If not, he should fire his agent. 

This has been badly mishandled and we are lucky that it didn't turn into a bigger media circus. 

Not to mention it was taken completely out of context and blown out of proportion and no one seemed willing to correct public perception. 

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Arizona, Buffalo or his ex GF from HS are the prime suspects for leaking that info imo.  I could see Russ Brandon being all over this plan

Nòt just girlfriends but any rival from HS.  You also left off the Fish who had benefitted once before.