Chris Simms: "Cardinals were heart broken when Josh Allen went before they could trade up"

I know, we are all supposed to be mad or something....

And 

I know...what sources does Chris Simms have..

But for those willing to be open minded, I encourage you to watch the first couple minutes of this video when they recap round 1.

And if you really want to feel good, go back and watch round 1 when they gush over both Bills picks and say the Bills killed the draft.

And some scrubs named Mayock, Kiper, McShay and Matt Miller (in the video above) all ranked Josh Allen as a top 10 player and a top 2 QB.

But what do they know, right?

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thank you (+1) 4

41 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

So it is true that the Cards were the other team that made the Bucs the offer for 7.

Schefter reported that last night I believe.  They were in a bidding war for Allen which explains why the Bills had to give up both 2nd's.

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

I would feel better if he stepped up in the massive pocket he had and threw that with both feet on the ground. B-)

He hit the receiver in stride, 65 yards down field, without good mechanics and while falling backward.  Geez Louise.  And you're worried about style points? 

I'm not sure he's going to be a good draft pick but it will be fun to watch.

• Like (+1) 3

47 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

This might make them feel better.

OldGenuineDonkey-max-1mb.gif

They will go right back to feeling heart broken when they see the play in this game where Allen on a scramble, throws a strike 42-yard strike downfield just before losing real estate and heading out of bounds.

20 minutes ago, Utah John said:

He hit the receiver in stride, 65 yards down field, without good mechanics and while falling backward.  Geez Louise.  And you're worried about style points? 

A guy who can't do it right is going to fail in the NFL. 

So many guys with plus arm strength have made those types of throws in college, but if they don't have any pocket awareness in the NFL, then they won't last.

This is one of those many things that Josh Allen can improve on at the next level. We all hope he does.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, transplantbillsfan said:

Cardinals were probably the team that released those tweets the night before and expected to be the ones to get Allen after the freefall. :flirt:

They're stuck with the jackass, instead :thumbsup:

I agree they had the reporter leak the tweets

• Thank you (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Schefter reported that last night I believe.  They were in a bidding war for Allen which explains why the Bills had to give up both 2nd's.

That would explain the top dollar we paid for the trade.  Which is fine.  The most important part of "the process" is to determine who they guy is.  IF you can do that, then you can over pay.  The two seconds weren't a crazy over pay, but, more than market value to move up 5 spots.

14 minutes ago, Manther said:

That would explain the top dollar we paid for the trade.  Which is fine.  The most important part of "the process" is to determine who they guy is.  IF you can do that, then you can over pay.  The two seconds weren't a crazy over pay, but, more than market value to move up 5 spots.

Beane hinted on WGR that the trade with the Broncos they had set up involved giving up a 1st round pick so it could've been worse.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

I would feel better if he stepped up in the massive pocket he had and threw that with both feet on the ground. B-)

The guy will need to transform into a new person if he is to be successful in the NFL.

He does so many things wrong.  He could get away with that at Wyoming where you have huge talent mismatches all over the field.  It's not like that in the NFL, where everyone around you is a super talent.  That's when the Allen way of doing things will kill his career.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, BullBuchanan said:

You need help,

the guy chucks the ball on his back foot 50+ yards on stride and your complaining?

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This might make them feel better.

OldGenuineDonkey-max-1mb.gif

And so do you..

you do no he threw for less INT then Rosen right? seek life else where

9 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

And so do you..

you do no he threw for less INT then Rosen right? seek life else where

Yes.  Rosen has a slightly higher touchdown to interception ratio though, but it's throws like these that scare me.   Allen trusts his arm strength too much and it's hard to break habits no matter how well coached up he is.  He has so many things he needs to clean up (footwork, decision making, anticipation, pre-snap adjustments) in order to be an effective NFL starter.  That's a lot to ask of a player.  I'm rooting for him, but I'm not holding my breath that he'll pan out.

josh-allen-int-huh.gif?w=532&h=298

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Yes.  Rosen has a slightly higher touchdown to interception ratio though, but it's throws like these that scare me.   Allen trusts his arm strength too much and it's hard to break habits no matter how well coached up he is.  He has so many things he needs to clean up (footwork, decision making, anticipation, pre-snap adjustments) in order to be an effective NFL starter.  That's a lot to ask of a player.  I'm rooting for him, but I'm not holding my breath that he'll pan out.

leg/footwork is so easy to teach its not even funny. I think your nitpicking.

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

The guy will need to transform into a new person if he is to be successful in the NFL.

He does so many things wrong.  He could get away with that at Wyoming where you have huge talent mismatches all over the field.  It's not like that in the NFL, where everyone around you is a super talent.  That's when the Allen way of doing things will kill his career.

From what I've read, Allen's WRs sucked.  and his OL sucked.  He was the only adult on the field in the passing game.  so all things , other than him, being equal, he is pretty special player.   trust the process.  McBeanes know what they are doing.  

1 hour ago, Fadingpain said:

Flip side of that is Allen was the only NFL talent level player on his team. Wyoming had below average line play and wr play. When Wyoming went against power conference teams Allen tried to do all he could to win. 

I have no idea if Allen will be a good QB or not. I do know he has a ceiling much higher than any QB the Bills have had since Kelly. I would rather give him a chance since he is now the QB for the team I love. I don’t need to pretend to be an NFL scout or coach who spoke with the player and his coaches and his team mates etc. I will cheer him on and root for him. His success will add to my happiness. Why the heck wouldn’t I want to see him do well? 

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Utah John said:

That throw was not from the Wyoming 40 it was the offensive 40 look at the chevrons.

Like Bull said why was he rolling out and back pedaling out of a clean pocket?

Then not setting and throwing off his back foot will lead to disaster in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Last year, Allen was throwing to 2 sophomores and 3 freshmen. Not a single Wyoming running back, receiver or tight end was a starter the previous year. Let's see what he can do with a strong supporting cast before running him out of town?

I am not running him out of town.

I have said all along that every top QB in this class is flawed.

Some in more than one way.at least this guy is smart with a big arm, large hands and big healthy body.

Now if they can teach him to set his feet it might fix his accuracy.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

Some in more than one way.at least this guy is smart with a big arm, large hands and big healthy body.

Oh, I wasn't singling you out. And you're right about there not being a consensus #1 QB in this draft. It's subjective, and there are valid knocks on all of them. I'm just glad we took our shot.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Golden Goat said:

Oh, I wasn't singling you out. And you're right about there not being a consensus #1 QB in this draft. It's subjective, and there are valid knocks on all of them. I'm just glad we took our shot.

What I am glad about is they got the LB we need as well as a project QB.

Could you imagine paying the G-Men their ransom and walking away with one guy(QB) that won't see the field in 2018(unless there is an injury)

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, JMF2006 said:

You know he’s been working with Palmer in the offseason.. supposedly he got the footwork issue resolved.  I’ll take the wait and see approach.  Kid was never a polished prospect.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

He also makes throws like these.

34978ebad91abf586e55e016ff6ae9d7