Chris Simms: "Cardinals were heart broken when Josh Allen went before they could trade up"

11 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

This might make them feel better.

OldGenuineDonkey-max-1mb.gif

I don't know too much about evaluating throws, but that looks like a timing throw on a skinny post where the receiver was slow out of his break and then stumbled while trying to accelerate to the window... Looks like Allen put it where it needed to be, but the receiver didn't get there.

12 hours ago, Deep2Moulds46 said:

I know, we are all supposed to be mad or something....

And 

I know...what sources does Chris Simms have..

But for those willing to be open minded, I encourage you to watch the first couple minutes of this video when they recap round 1.

And if you really want to feel good, go back and watch round 1 when they gush over both Bills picks and say the Bills killed the draft.

And some scrubs named Mayock, Kiper, McShay and Matt Miller (in the video above) all ranked Josh Allen as a top 10 player and a top 2 QB.

But what do they know, right?

And yet there are names like Troy Aikman and Mike Mayock who doubted that pick...so for every postive, there was a negative...which is expected in a  draft.  

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

I don't know too much about evaluating throws, but that looks like a timing throw on a skinny post where the receiver was slow out of his break and then stumbled while trying to accelerate to the window... Looks like Allen put it where it needed to be, but the receiver didn't get there.

And that is what Trent Dilfer made as a comment.  He said  "accuracy" is  equal to ball placement.  He said Allen is the best at ball placement in this draft.  

2 hours ago, Limeaid said:

That seems to be the key and why AJ McCarron was signed (interesting he does not have a # yet but Josh does) to give player drafted time to learn while temporary QB takes beating as new offense is crafted.

McCarron is #10. Didn't you get the memo?

13 hours ago, Deep2Moulds46 said:

I know, we are all supposed to be mad or something....

And 

I know...what sources does Chris Simms have..

But for those willing to be open minded, I encourage you to watch the first couple minutes of this video when they recap round 1.

And if you really want to feel good, go back and watch round 1 when they gush over both Bills picks and say the Bills killed the draft.

And some scrubs named Mayock, Kiper, McShay and Matt Miller (in the video above) all ranked Josh Allen as a top 10 player and a top 2 QB.

But what do they know, right?

POST THE DAMN TIMESTAMP 

Edited by Yeezus

5 hours ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

I never said I hated Allen, just think it's likely he'll bust.

% wise, isn't it likely that any 1st round QB will bust? I believe since 2000, the % chances of even being a decent NFL starter are in the 40's. 

I enjoyed how Kiper had Allen at #1 for most of the process, we get him at 7 and he gives us a bad grade. 

I know the raiders traded out at 10, but there was certainly a chance if we didn’t get Allen at 7 something happens with 8-9-10 not trading and the Dolphins take Rosen at 11. You think people were mad with Allen, imagine if that happened. 

I think A LOT of the league had Allen above Rosen, if not above Baker and/or Darnold too. The heat he’s getting from a lot in here and a lot in the mainstream media is not fair. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MILFHUNTER#518 said:

Baker Mayfield? Allen is arguably in the best, most stable environment, Baker in a super dysfunctional environment. 

No, you're not biased at all.  Since when has the Buffalo Bills franchise been a beacon of stability?  Holy crap some of you have Kool-Aid running through your veins.

Edited by Rosen-not-Chosen

3 hours ago, SoTier said:

Wasn't that the reason that the Bills traded Taylor?  To clear the field for whatever rookie QB they drafted no matter how poorly he performed?  AJ McCarron has started fewer than 10 games in his entire NFL career.  Peterman's one start was a disaster, and he didn't redeem himself in his other appearances. 

The Bills' actions in 2018 are eerily similar to what they did in 2013 to clear the field for EJ Manuel: replace a serviceable veteran QB, bring in a backup likely to be significantly worse than the former starter, and then draft a project first round QB to excite fans.  I really thought after the events of last year that the Bills had actually changed their corporate culture to put the winning ahead of profit, but while the names and faces have changed, the "Bills way" apparently continues unabated.  

That's what is depressing about the Allen pick: for all the talk about "process" and other bull ****, it's just the same old, same old for the Bills.  I hope Allen is successful but I'm not optimistic about his future because first round project QBs simply don't do well in the NFL ... or about the Bills' prospects about becoming a regular playoff contender.

Newsflash : Bills " make a profit " regardless of who they draft. The NFL isn't hockey. EJ Manuel comparisons are lame. That FO took a QB in a first round that was projected to produce none. That is a far far cry from drafting a player that was top ten on virtually all mocks/ boards. Remind me ,how many teams were calling others to trade up for EJ ? If you think McCarron is likely to be significantly worse than Tyrod, you have vastly overrated Taylor. He's mediocre, and this GM/ HC have clearly changed the team's direction away from settling for mediocrity. And from paying for it. AJM is here to be a placeholder vet, for less $ than his thoroughly average predecessor. He's gone because he guarantees you 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. They are aiming much higher , though that does carry risk of landing much lower. Fear of failure would only guarantee perpetual irrelevance that's plagued the Bills for too long. These guys don't have that, and I'm glad. Too many GMs here have ignored bold moves at QB in the name of not screwing it up. Your comparisons don't hold water. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

The guy will need to transform into a new person if he is to be successful in the NFL.

He does so many things wrong.  He could get away with that at Wyoming where you have huge talent mismatches all over the field.  It's not like that in the NFL, where everyone around you is a super talent.  That's when the Allen way of doing things will kill his career.

What talent mismatches did he benefit from exactly? His entire supporting cast weren't a mismatch for anyone. 

13 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

He does so many things wrong.  He could get away with that at Wyoming where you have huge talent mismatches all over the field.  It's not like that in the NFL, where everyone around you is a super talent.  That's when the Allen way of doing things will kill his career.

Just curious. We’re you a fan of Tyrod? 

53 minutes ago, Rosen-not-Chosen said:

No, you're not biased at all.  Since when has the Buffalo Bills franchise been a beacon of stability?  Holy crap some of you have Kool-Aid running through your veins.

Since when has the Bills been more unstable and dysfunctional than the Browns? If you were a young QB, would you rather go to Buffalo or Cleveland?

9 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Do you really see anyone "running him out of town"?

Surely you've read some of the other posts?

7 hours ago, Agent 91 said:

Have to build that first

Call me crazy, but wide receivers with NFL experience > no-name freshmen and sophomore receivers in a bad college program.

Edited by Golden Goat

2 hours ago, Boatdrinks said:

Newsflash : Bills " make a profit " regardless of who they draft. The NFL isn't hockey. EJ Manuel comparisons are lame. That FO took a QB in a first round that was projected to produce none. That is a far far cry from drafting a player that was top ten on virtually all mocks/ boards. Remind me ,how many teams were calling others to trade up for EJ ? If you think McCarron is likely to be significantly worse than Tyrod, you have vastly overrated Taylor. He's mediocre, and this GM/ HC have clearly changed the team's direction away from settling for mediocrity. And from paying for it. AJM is here to be a placeholder vet, for less $ than his thoroughly average predecessor. He's gone because he guarantees you 7-9, 8-8, 9-7. They are aiming much higher , though that does carry risk of landing much lower. Fear of failure would only guarantee perpetual irrelevance that's plagued the Bills for too long. These guys don't have that, and I'm glad. Too many GMs here have ignored bold moves at QB in the name of not screwing it up. Your comparisons don't hold water. 

In 3 or 4  years, we'll probably be about in the same place we were at this time in 2017, with a new HC and maybe a new GM.  It has nothing to do with Buffalo GMs failing to make bold moves, especially when both Donahoe and Whaley made bold moves, and everything to do with the Bills organization's continuing lack of commitment to winning, but continue to tell yourself differently if it makes you feel better.  

1 hour ago, Golden Goat said:

As "running Allen out of town"?  Haven't seen it.

Some folks don't like the pick - with Rosen on the board, I would strongly have preferred him, myself.

Some folks think Allen is not likely to become a good NFL QB

But not questioning the pick/doubting Allen seems a little different to me than "running him out of town"

Now maybe that's going down somewhere - people have said the call-in lines of local radio stations are full of trashing Allen.

In any case, I don't think the fans have the power to "run him out of town".  The Bills will be paying him something like a $10M signing bonus on a $20M contract, he's not going anywhere for a few years.

1 minute ago, SoTier said:

In 3 or 4  years, we'll probably be about in the same place we were at this time in 2017, with a new HC and maybe a new GM.  It has nothing to do with Buffalo GMs failing to make bold moves, especially when both Donahoe and Whaley made bold moves, and everything to do with the Bills organization's continuing lack of commitment to winning, but continue to tell yourself differently if it makes you feel better.  

That viewpoint is just so depressing. 

8 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

As "running Allen out of town"?  Haven't seen it.

Some folks don't like the pick - with Rosen on the board, I would strongly have preferred him, myself.

Some folks think Allen is not likely to become a good NFL QB

But not questioning the pick/doubting Allen seems a little different to me than "running him out of town"

Now maybe that's going down somewhere - people have said the call-in lines of local radio stations are full of trashing Allen.

In any case, I don't think the fans have the power to "run him out of town".  The Bills will be paying him something like a $10M signing bonus on a $20M contract, he's not going anywhere for a few years.

Good post.  I would think anyone on this board who thinks their voice is heard at OBD is delusional.

• Like (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, SoTier said:

There are bold moves that make no sense ( reaching for a JP Losman) or have no sense of purpose ( trading up for Watkins) . Regardless of who the GM is, there's a good chance they may not last beyond 4 years. Look at how many HCs and GMs change every offseason in the NFL. It's the nature of the league. The Bills staff may have chosen a different player at QB than you or I would have liked. This doesn't equate to a lack of commitment to winning though. They don't care what fans think of the pick. The Bills were going to take a QB early in this draft because they needed one. They did. Was that choice made in order to not win? Im going out on a huge limb here and saying no. Why else would they pick the players that they do? They pick them because they feel it's the best way to win games, which is what the NFL is all about. At least , if you want to keep your job for long. GMs and HCs get fired when they don't win, at least they did last time I checked. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

In any case, I don't think the fans have the power to "run him out of town".

Figure of speech. You took it literally. I meant it figuratively.

I get that some people preferred Rosen, and I feel your pain that you didn't get the guy you wanted. I personally don't see it with Rosen, and think he will spend a lot of time on IR very early in his career. Time will tell.

7 minutes ago, Epstein's Mother said:

Good post.  I would think anyone on this board who thinks their voice is heard at OBD is delusional.

Ever hear of a "figure of speech?" Or maybe you didn't bother reading what was actually written before kissing up to the mod?

Edited by Golden Goat

5 minutes ago, Carter said:

Bull **** report and fake news. 

Allen was not even top 5 on cardinals board. They projected him going in the 2nd. 

Pure BS. 

Funny enough the cards is one of the team I have a friend and they did indeed want Allen over rosen and thought the bills were going rosen. 

1 minute ago, aristocrat said:

Funny enough the cards is one of the team I have a friend and they did indeed want Allen over rosen and thought the bills were going rosen. 

Your friend is 100% wrong. 

Cards got their target. 

15 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Figure of speech. You took it literally. I meant it figuratively.

You asked if I'd read the board.  Not figurative action.

15 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Ever hear of a "figure of speech?" Or maybe you didn't bother reading what was actually written before kissing up to the mod?

This seems like gratuitous insult.  Since I'm involved I don't want to moderate, but this isn't how we encourage football to be discussed here.

5 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

You asked if I'd read the board.  Not figurative action.

This seems like gratuitous insult.  Since I'm involved I don't want to moderate, but this isn't how we encourage football to be discussed here.

Actually, all you do is deflect. Reread my original quote that you jumped on and tell me where I said what you said I said.

That's what a more seasoned mod would do. Actually, a more seasoned mod wouldn't be this combative in the first place. I don't have confidence in your longevity.

Edited by Golden Goat

6 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Actually, all you do is deflect. Reread my original quote that you jumped on and tell me where I said what you said I said.

LOL I think you mis-spelled "responded to politely", but surely.  Here you go:

6 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

That's what a more seasoned mod would do. Actually, a more seasoned mod wouldn't be this combative in the first place. I don't have confidence in your longevity.

Nice. 

My style on this board have been well established for years and were well known to the moderators when I was invited, but if they want to un-mod me and spare me the work, oh woe.

:beer:

4 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

LOL I think you mis-spelled "responded to politely", but surely.  Here you go:

Nice. 

My style on this board have been well established for years and were well known to the moderators when I was invited, but if they want to un-mod me and spare me the work, oh woe.

:beer:

What do you think you've just proven here? Geez, you really DO need this spelled out for you.

My quote: "Let's see what he can do with a strong supporting cast before running him out of town?"
Your quote: "Do you really see anyone "running him out of town?"

After suggesting that there was a lot of negativity toward him in other posts, I pointed out that I was being figurative with "run out of town" and that you, incorrectly, took it literally. I'm still not convinced you know what that means. Point is, even after I clarified myself, you tried to tell me what I meant.

It sure seems that is how you, sir, "encourage football to be discussed here." It's a bad look, especially for a mod. :beer:

7 hours ago, Golden Goat said:

Call me crazy, but wide receivers with NFL experience > no-name freshmen and sophomore receivers in a bad college program.

So you are good with the o line and we corp as is? You think we have a real offense right now 

5 hours ago, aristocrat said:

Friend who is an Arizona fan or friend that is a member of the team?

23 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

A guy who can't do it right is going to fail in the NFL. 

So many guys with plus arm strength have made those types of throws in college, but if they don't have any pocket awareness in the NFL, then they won't last.

This is one of those many things that Josh Allen can improve on at the next level. We all hope he does.

F that, tell that to Brett Favre, the guy did it his way, a true gunslinger and now a HOF player. I believe all the great QB's believe they want to be the best to ever play and the game is never too big for them. Favre starting out had a rough 2 starting years in Green Bay, then the light bulb clicked for him, the same could easily happen to Allen and to see these videos of him time after time being told he was too short, not getting any college offers, all those no's and he could have easily given up, finally a shot with Wyoming and the rest is history. There is no reason to believe that he can't be one of the best QB's in the league, he has the arm, he has the athleticism, get the mechanics down and the sky's the limit imo.