RD1, Pick 7: Josh Allen QB - Wyoming

SDS

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

If he doesnt pan out and rosen does i may never forgive this franchise. Ever. thought for certain the trade up was for rosen. They obviously see cam newton in allen but its a gigantic gamble

Big, athletic QB who has accuracy issues... seems about right.

4 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

"but he didn't have good WRs at Wyoming."

We are going to hear that a LOT.

All we need is a realignment that puts the Bills in the Mountain West, and boom. Easy street. 

Lets see what the coaches can do.  Allen has all the ability.  All the smarts.  This is on the scouting department and coaching staff.  He is the most talented kid.  Come OTA'S, TC and Pre Season Allen will be all over Mccarron for playing time.  Allen plays sooner than many think.  Allem performs better than many think.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, LEBills said:

Maybe stop complaining until then when he gets a chance to, huh?

I've hated on Josh Allen as much as anyone on this board. But he's a Bill now and I'm going to expect him to be great until he proves me wrong.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Mat68 said:

Lets see what the coaches can do.  Allen has all the ability.  All the smarts.  This is on the scouting department and coaching staff.  He is the most talented kid.  Come OTA'S, TC and Pre Season Allen will be all over Mccarron for playing time.  Allen plays sooner than many think.  Allem performs better than many think.

Tell me again which coaches we have that have done great things with QB's and passing games.

9 minutes ago, Yeezus said:

I really don't understand this franchise's eagerness to ALWAYS !@#$ing draft a project QB

we passed up on the best passer since Luck for a guy that crumbled anytime he saw a decent college defense. 

Do you consider the guy with multiple concussions and a neck injury a project? 

Just now, Domdab99 said:

Patriots are going to get Jackson...good think we drafted Edmunds, because he's going to be chasing Lamar for the next ten years

No......... just until the first time he catches him ;)

17 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

And his downside is Kyle Boller. 

I wasn't very high on Rosen, I think he will play for 4-5 teams over his career. Did you see the smug comments Rosen made after the draft? The guy was poisonous and not the kind of guy you want in your locker room. Give me the 6'5 240lbs QB with the golden arm and humble personality, the accuracy issues will get worked out.

• Awesome! (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

I will admit I wanted Rosen, but I will also admit I support the Allen pick. There's a reason that many thought he would go #1 and that many are still surprised that Baker went instead of him. I'm an optimist, so I expect great things.

Was the reason him, or just the browns? Mocks aren’t the best way to rank guys. That’s not to say he’s a bum but to think the browns were interested doesn’t mean pundits thought he was the best 

7 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

I hated the pick. I wanted almost any other qb. I still kind of feel that way...but I’m a die hard Bills fan. He’s on my team now, I’m sure it’s only a matter of time before I just let go the anger and embrace it. I hope he ends up being great. I’m just real worried about him. I really want to be wrong.

I already embraced it and changed the profile pic, even though I had him rated as QB 6. I am assuming Beane is better at evaluating QBs than me. 

1 minute ago, NewDayBills said:

I wasn't very high on Rosen, I think he will play for 4-5 teams over his career. Did you see the smug comments Rosen made after the draft? The guy was poisonous and not the kind of guy you want in your locker room. Give me the 6'5 240lbs QB with the golden arm and humble personality, the accuracy issues will get worked out.

cannon of an arm, is great! even if not accurately, you can´t have it all...

Accuracy issues literally have no history of "getting worked out" over the past 20 years. 

EJ Manuel, Jake Locker, Kyle Boller, JP Losman, Akili Smith, Josh Freeman. Not a single one of them fixed their accuracy problems. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Accuracy issues literally have no history of "getting worked out" over the past 20 years. 

EJ Manuel, Jake Locker, Kyle Boller, JP Losman, Akili Smith, Josh Freeman. Not a single one of them fixed their accuracy problems. 

This is untrue.Brett Favre was a 52% passer in college. Incompletions are a two way street.

Edited by Tatonka68

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

Many sub 60% college QBs have panned out in the NFL, don't lie. It's happened, don't say it hasn't.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

Have fun with those accuracy issues up until the point in time you finally realize the kid is a bust.

• Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

The cost for the 7th pick and 10th pick are very different.  So try comparing to apples to apples next time.

Here is the value of the two trades based on the commonly accepted trade value chart.  Yes, the value between 7 and 10 is different.  The Bills still got fleeced:

5ae28bec3e410_BillsTrade.PNG.b65bf7c6958727e25cdace46d054cf20.PNG

Edited by Dark

Many sub 60% college QBs have panned out in the NFL, don't lie. It's happened, don't say it hasn't.

How many sub 58% guys have worked out over the past 20 years? 

Matt Stafford is literally the only one and he completed 61% of his throws his final year. 

Like Josh Allen - 27 QBs with a negative QBASE score have been picked in the top 100 picks over the past 20 years. Not a single one of them has turned into a franchise QB. 

Edited by jrober38
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1