A couple Bills Rumors from WGR sports talk Saturday

4 hours ago, Deep2Moulds46 said:

Nate Geary had a couple interesting tidbits yesterday. Take it for what it's worth.

1) Bills have already offered the Giants 3 first round picks for 2, and it wasn't enough.

Perhaps that was their breaking point and that's why the Rapsheet story came out about them not looking at 2 anymore

2)He's heard the Bills like Rosen. Didn't say if they have him ranked as their top qb, but at the very least it means they aren't one of the teams that dropped him for character/durability.

Either way, 4 more days. We will make it!

Lmao, no wonder that idiot got fired in Carolina. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, RFL said:

If true, kinda what Beane was talking about.....a willing trade partner.

I keep telling people

Trading up is not as easy as everyone makes it out to be.....the Giants turning down 3 first round picks?  Well we could get to 6 or 7 and THEY might want the 3 first round picks......what does Beane do then?

Option 1 - Overpay.....and pray to god that Rosen is everything we all hope he is.....then pick up the pieces in free agency with the ton of money we are gonna have next year

Option 2.....take Lamar Jackson.....listen to the select fanbase whine while he holds a clipboard next year......and use our boatload of picks to fill holes on the team.....then be selective with our cap space the following year

Both are viable options....we are NOT screwed if Bean cant make the trade up happen.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, McBean said:

I’ve been saying it for months.

The New York Giants aren’t trading out of #2 because they are taking a QB. 

It’s going to be a Bears Trubisky selection reaction on Thursday night when it happens.

Gettlemen and Pat Shurmur aren’t that stupid. This is Shurmur’s second and most likely final shot at being a HC. He’s not going to go down with a 37 year old washed up Eli Manning.

I haven't seen anyone in here talking about Eli's fraud trial, I wonder if that could be a factor in them going QB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/21/nfl-has-no-comment-on-eli-mannings-pending-fraud-trial/

3 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I believe Nate Geary is something like a 24 year old kid fresh out of Buff State.

I wouldn't take too much of what he says about anything too seriously.

Well considering he didn’t say it i don’t know what to tell ya..

Not that I want to get flamed on, but I’m a Giants fan and haven’t heard a thing about this trade nor do I think it’s stupid for them to turn it down. Yeah it sounds good and probably would help them, but Gettleman wants a HoF player there and sees Barkley as some transcendent player. 12 and 22 are just not good enough. They had a miserable season and only the type of talent available at 2 makes it tolerable. If The Bills can get inside the Top Ten then yeah I see DG maybe going for it. The Bills could have a high 2019 Pick too so I don’t think picking at 12 is any foregone conclusion. We don’t need to be at 2 to get one of these guys.

In 1984 The Montreal Canadiens offered their entire draft for Pittsburgh’s number one....rejecting that was hardly stupid.

8 hours ago, Jasovon said:

If the giants turn down. 3 first round picks including 2 this year to take anything other than  a qb then they are idiots.

They're afraid the Browns take Allen instead of Darnold. And if the Browns take Allen with the Bills already having secured #2 they'll lose their minds since he's the only QB they'll consider at 2. They want to make sure if they part with 2 it's for a Kings ransom. I'd hold off if I were Beane and if the Browns take Darnold the price drops to 12, 22 and a second. Can't lose next years 1st just to jump 10 spots when you're already giving up 2 of them.

Estro says;

100% correct.  Further evidenced by the fact that they were unwilling to move back to #6 with the Jets and pick up those additional three 2nd round picks.  Gettleman may be old school and appreciate his "hog mollies" but he's not dumb enough to turn down that bounty of draft picks unless they absolutely love 1 of the QBs.  

IMO, it's either Darnold or Rosen the Giants want probably in that order.

I happen to think the Bills like the same 2 QBs.....and if both are gone the Bills will not be moving up.

I think you're right and we may not be able to find a trade partner and our guy(s) will be gone before we can make the move.  Rudolph at 12 may end up being the pick.  The question is, will the Bills feel pressured to trade up from 12 to get him?  Rumor has it that the Pats are big on Rudolph and now New England has the draft ammo to trade up ahead of us to grab him at 10 or 11.  Would hate to have the Pats swoop in and grab Rudolph if he's the best qb left on the board...

10 hours ago, Fan boy '92 said:

If he stays, doesn't it have to be for Darnold?

If they have a Bad grade on Darnold they are trading out

If they have a good grade on Darnold then yes, it has to be Darnold.

They would be losing a lot of value by not trading and then going on to not take Darnold.

10 hours ago, FeelingOnYouboty said:

LOL Giants are pretty clearly not taking a QB. Let’s not be paranoid. They’re doing us a favor by not accepting. We’ll get to 5 by giving up 12, 22 and 53 and we’ll get Rosen for much cheaper

I think if I was the Broncos I'd prefer the #12 pick and next year's first instead of #22.  You have to assume the Bills won't be making the playoffs this year after losing Glenn, Incognito, Wood, Taylor, Brown, and Gaines.

2 hours ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

I've gotten a lot of flak for suggesting we don't trade up for a QB, but i will probably, legitimately shed tears if Rosen is selected by another team.

Sad, I know.  Still.

There's too many question marks with all these guys so I'm not going to lose sleep at night if the Jets take the QB I want.

7 hours ago, Fadingpain said:

I believe Nate Geary is something like a 24 year old kid fresh out of Buff State.

I wouldn't take too much of what he says about anything too seriously.

Yep. Worked at Dicks in Quaker Crossing. He's basically the guy in the next bar seat over from you.

6 hours ago, Where’sLloyd said:

Not that I want to get flamed on, but I’m a Giants fan and haven’t heard a thing about this trade nor do I think it’s stupid for them to turn it down. Yeah it sounds good and probably would help them, but Gettleman wants a HoF player there and sees Barkley as some transcendent player. 12 and 22 are just not good enough. They had a miserable season and only the type of talent available at 2 makes it tolerable. If The Bills can get inside the Top Ten then yeah I see DG maybe going for it. The Bills could have a high 2019 Pick too so I don’t think picking at 12 is any foregone conclusion. We don’t need to be at 2 to get one of these guys.

In 1984 The Montreal Canadiens offered their entire draft for Pittsburgh’s number one....rejecting that was hardly stupid.

I hope the Giants are dumb enough to take Barkley over a franchise QB to replace Eli (or rejecting a trade giving them two extra number one picks).   

14 hours ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

I’d completely understand the Giants turning a trade down if they were looking for Eli’s replacement. I can’t understand turning down three first rounds picks for any other position. The Giants are a bad team who lack depth. Three first rounders would go a long ways toward helping them turn that franchise around. If Eli has a couple years left those extra picks would build a roster around him. If they believe Eli is very close to retirement, keeping their first rounder to draft a QB is logical. Declining a solid trade offer to draft a running back is the one option that make no sense imo. 

They might simply think that they can get a better offer, either from the Bills on draft day or someone else. And they might be right.

10 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

I have a very difficult time believing that the Bills offered three firsts to get to the #2 spot. That might be the amount you give up for an Andrew Luck type, just not for any of these schmoes this year.

From what I've read NY Giants GM Gettleman wants a gold jacket player at that #2 spot. The only two possibilities I see are OG Quinton Nelson and S Minkah Fitzpatrick.

I don't think that there is a QB in this draft worth trading up to the #2 spot for...now the #4,#5 spots it would be different.

Washington gave up 3 firsts to get RGIII. And a bit more. Would've been a terrific trade if Griffin had been a good QB. 

It's not only Andrew Lucks for whom you give up that kind of a bounty. 

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

Maybe not but listening to NFL Network radio Friday and the hosts said Giants brass believes Eli has 4 years left in him.  

Sure, but I'm guessing they're just saying this. This is the one of the Giants better chances to get a top rated college QB

Edited by nucci

3 hours ago, DougFlutie7 said:

Sal doesn’t have any sources outside of Lorenzo Alexsander. He’s a hack. A lot Bills fans like him though because he’s a fan boy homer. But he’s the furthest thing from an insider as your average Joe fan. 

Unjustified hate sounds like.. Did he harm the family pet or something?

16 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

They're afraid the Browns take Allen instead of Darnold. And if the Browns take Allen with the Bills already having secured #2 they'll lose their minds since he's the only QB they'll consider at 2. They want to make sure if they part with 2 it's for a Kings ransom. I'd hold off if I were Beane and if the Browns take Darnold the price drops to 12, 22 and a second. Can't lose next years 1st just to jump 10 spots when you're already giving up 2 of them.

no chance the deal happens before the draft, and i think they want Darnold too. If the Browns take Darnold we're in business

23 hours ago, billspro said:

I think you are undervaluing firsts a bit. The Chiefs essentially gave up two firsts to move up 17 spots last year. Three first should have the value of first overall. Maybe you have to throw in a few 4th or 5th rounders.

Cheifs only gave up 1 first. We got this years #1 and switched last years 1's. In hindsight I think we got fleeced on last years trade. This year we probably would've got a lot more

On 4/22/2018 at 9:54 AM, FeelingOnYouboty said:

LOL Giants are pretty clearly not taking a QB. Let’s not be paranoid. They’re doing us a favor by not accepting. We’ll get to 5 by giving up 12, 22 and 53 and we’ll get Rosen  Darnold for much cheaper

Cleaned that up for you.

19 hours ago, Where’sLloyd said:

And of course Mike Ditka actually WAS able to trade an entire draft to get a running back; I don't recall and SB appearances from NO. Dallas traded away an outstanding running back and got pretty much the entire guts of the Vikings future drafts. They wound up with a couple of SBs because of that.

Of the many things the Giants could do, turning away from 3 #1s plus more to take a RB at 2 might not be the best thing in the world for them. Not in this draft.

23 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Washington gave up 3 firsts to get RGIII. And a bit more. Would've been a terrific trade if Griffin had been a good QB. 

It's not only Andrew Lucks for whom you give up that kind of a bounty. 

I think that's the point that RG3 failed badly in the long run and the Redskins were exceedingly lucky to have Kirk Cousins to fall back on.  Then, they didn't want to pay the guy because he was a fourth-round pick and not the first they gave up the farm for...

I can't imagine how badly the Redskins would have been these last few years without Cousins. A big reason in my view as to why that fourth rounder became a good starter is because he had time to sit, learn and develop.

RG3 was way overhyped for what he eventually became as an NFL QB and some of this year's prospects are looking the same way simply because so many teams are desperate for a starting caliber QB. A few of this years QB's may eventually develop into a decent starter. But none are of Luck's caliber and IMHO none are worth three first round picks. 

The 2018 Buffalo Bills have far more needs than just a starting QB for three firsts when none in this draft class is worthy of stepping on that field day one and being the starter.

31 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

I think that's the point that RG3 failed badly in the long run and the Redskins were exceedingly lucky to have Kirk Cousins to fall back on.  Then, they didn't want to pay the guy because he was a fourth-round pick and not the first they gave up the farm for...

I can't imagine how badly the Redskins would have been these last few years without Cousins. A big reason in my view as to why that fourth rounder became a good starter is because he had time to sit, learn and develop.

RG3 was way overhyped for what he eventually became as an NFL QB and some of this year's prospects are looking the same way simply because so many teams are desperate for a starting caliber QB. A few of this years QB's may eventually develop into a decent starter. But none are of Luck's caliber and IMHO none are worth three first round picks. 

The 2018 Buffalo Bills have far more needs than just a starting QB for three firsts when none in this draft class is worthy of stepping on that field day one and being the starter.

IMO, that's not the point at all. They didn't give up too much for Griffin III. They picked the wrong guy. You've got to be right, but if they had been, what they paid would have been long forgotten.

Although I totally agree with you that they horribly bollixed up the Cousins situation. 

Every team has far more needs than just a starting QB. Including the 2017 Eagles who traded for Wentz anyway.

And day one means ****. Was Drew Brees a bad QB because he didn't play the first year? Brett Favre because he didn't play the first year? Tom Brady because he didn't play the first year? Aaron Rodgers because he didn't play the first year? I could go on. Ideally, yeah, your guy would be ready. But that isn't even close to the most important thing. The most important thing is simply this ... is he going to be a franchise QB, a top ten or twelve QB?

Edited by Thurman#1

On 4/22/2018 at 7:11 PM, Magox said:

Get to 4 or 5 and we'll get either Mayfield or Rosen.

Rosen won't get past the Jets...The Jets will make a  defining pick like the Giants fifteen seasons ago...They will go after the Cerebral QB.  The Bills will not get Rosen unless they get to #2

12 hours ago, Tyrod's friend said:

And of course Mike Ditka actually WAS able to trade an entire draft to get a running back; I don't recall and SB appearances from NO. Dallas traded away an outstanding running back and got pretty much the entire guts of the Vikings future drafts. They wound up with a couple of SBs because of that.

Of the many things the Giants could do, turning away from 3 #1s plus more to take a RB at 2 might not be the best thing in the world for them. Not in this draft.

And the Giants have no other team that can offer 3 1st Rounders!!!

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

Rosen won't get past the Jets...The Jets will make a  defining pick like the Giants fifteen seasons ago...They will go after the Cerebral QB.  The Bills will not get Rosen unless they get to #2

And the Giants have no other team that can offer 3 1st Rounders!!!

Every team can offer 3 firsts. Once the draft opens, every team can trade their 2020 picks. So every team could trade their 2018, 2019 and 2020 firsts. No other team could offer four 1sts, though, outside of the Browns and the Pats.